Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

The graphics for TD weren't that bad.

- - - - - bad graphics td

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

facattac

facattac

Lil' Scamp

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
I liked everything about it. I hardly played that client, but when I did, I enjoyed it.

Death. You were a ghost and around you you saw this shimmering haze of the afterlife. Nice. :D

Monsters: ettins crawled about on the floor after death. It made it more fun killing them. I remember during the invasion of Brit that I was ZOOMING around with ettins and such chasing after me. IT was awesome especially after spending years just watching them walk around slowly. And I'm pretty sure that ogre lords looked different from regulair ogres.

The big minus? Zooming. You would zoom in real close and you could see all the pixels that made up the floor and stuff. And you didn't zoom that far out either. Not very useful.

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
what is TD?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

cadethepagan

cadethepagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
third dawn
Power is not given, it is taken!

Deraj

Deraj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
When Third Dawn came around I was excited; in fact, I thought the models looked pretty good. The primary reason I didn't play it was that it didn't run as well as 2D. Though to be fair, at that time I wasn't even a lurker of forums.
Still we loom in the mists as the ages roll away,
And we say of our folk, "they are here!"
That they built us and they died and you'll not be knowing why,
Save we stand on the bare plains of Wiltshire.

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Ah ,I came onboard about 6 mths before AoS,and having just got used to how everything worked,I havent really recovered eyt.

I definately preferred things pre AoS.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Solidchrome

Solidchrome

† Virtual hero- real life geek †

• Members
  • 1,858 posts
Hated TD's graphics :puke:

Tovladian Soltyr- "..then I saw it was Solid and I was like "Ah ok" because we all know he's not the most complete box of crayons.."

UOForums Need Your Donations- Click Here

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts

Hated TD's graphics :puke:

Agreed

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

cadethepagan

cadethepagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
when TD came out my computer could not handle the graphics...even when i bought the new 128meg radeon graphics cards when they came out. Thats why I won't even try KR...
Power is not given, it is taken!

merth

merth

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
loved the ev graphics other than that had way too much lag to play it! And was so used to 2d never went back to it!

facattac

facattac

Lil' Scamp

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
Well, I forgot to mention the air elementals... And, yes, when I first tried playing it on my CHEAPLY made Gateway "flextastic" computer, I could not play Third Dawn. But I upgraded to a Dell Dimension 4600 with nVidia video card. It played great on that, but lagged a little because of the animated paperdoll. That was a pretty good idea.

My first excursions into Illsh ofcourse happened with Lord Blackthorne's Revenge (LBR). I followed the plot very loosely, attended the asseblies. Got to see Dawn. There was actually a plot. But I sadly didn't take part in the overthrow of Lord Blackthorne.

I've been around since REN (Renassaince), been to fel a few times. Things sure have changed there for the worse with removal of red-stat-loss. Hehe. I used to make newbie chars of mine go red just by offing fisherman on the outskirts of Skara Brae. Tis fun.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bad, graphics, td