Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Axer?

- - - - - axer

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Phix

Phix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
Yeah i have a 38% hit fireball faster cast 1 swing speed 35 damage increase 40% ornate and it does the trick more often then not. Especially people who carry low resists. We were really just discussing the other skill to have. I think med is the best...or focus if you have to use jackals and non-medables. Just so you dont have to sit there and wait forever to be able to attack back.

To truly understand something, change it.

Macdaddy

Macdaddy

Trustworthy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
my axer had orni that is 48 fireball, 46 lower def, 13 hit, 25 swing, and 43 damn inc. With my little mace and shields im max hit lower def and that goes off making it so so much easyer to hit... even with 45 hit you can miss it is the Hit lower def that matters.

now about the mana reg and needing med and or focus i dont think so if you have 40 lower mana cost I have char with 5 mana reg with 40 lower mana cost and he he has like 70 mana and dont run out of mana with muti bleeds and lighting strike after lighting strike.
I feel if you have 9 to 11 mana reg, 40 lower mana cost and such you have no issues and i know this since I know this personaly heh

Majere

Majere

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
I cant design my character around a suit on Siege perilous. I get one blessed item and it gonna be what ever axe that I have which is nicest. At the moment is a 12 hci, 12 dci, 25 ssi, 45 di ornate. Later as I start getting a bunch of nice throw aways I'll bless a pair of mace and shield glasses or something.
"Siege is the best form of UO one can play today..."

Macdaddy

Macdaddy

Trustworthy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
think of this if blessing using you pbd on item

bad ass hatchet with good spell hit over 40+% lower def 40+% hit chance if any 25+% speed, and damn ince 35+%
AI and disarm win win

or

Bad ass orni same stuff
Disarm/ con hit win win

both you do disarm, use chiv con weopen, ai or con hit, then ai or con they die or use like told nice bleed item dont need dp but if want that is just fine too heh

Majere

Majere

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
what about stats? should i raise either dex or str higher than the other? str is good for damage? dex is good for?

thanks
"Siege is the best form of UO one can play today..."

Macdaddy

Macdaddy

Trustworthy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
What about stats? should i raise either dex or str higher than the other? str is good for damage? dex is good for?

Personaly you should be first 125 work to 150 dex then have as much str and you can since that is another thing that adds to your damn base rest goes in int. Thing is as you get items you can pull them down some and use things to max out your char...

This is my suit k

ring 7 str 6 dex 13 hit 14 def and 13 poison resist.
braclet 7 str 7 dex 14 hit 14 def and 20 damn inc.
Mace and shields 10 str 5 dex
Crimson 5 dex
Gountlets of nob 8 str 20 damm inc
Jackles collar 15 dex

so you start at what 125 dex count it up....

6+7+5+5+15= 40 boness add that to 125 dex get 15 so you are 15 over 150 so you can drop your dex from 125 down 15 still be 150 but have 15 points up in the air some put this in int or something but I put this in str.

go with 98 str

7+7+10+8= 32 bonness that is 132 str +15 = 147 str seeing this I would drop this little making it so you pot up 20 str pot so what do you need here drop this 17 points ok still be 150 str

int rest and what you can make of it.. only pot before such

So 60 points goes into int from non need only 130 dex with items be

90 dex still be 150 when you pot

100 str but with items 130 easy pot to 150

65 int with rune bettle im 77 being elf im 97 mana with other items 15 on my suit makes this 112 mana

90 str but with items and pot 150
100 dex but with items and pot 150
65 int but with items 112 mana

hope this helps

27 to hit my ax is 13 hit chance making it 40 hit
28 def + 5 def for quiver so im 33 def
arms are mana 2 reg with 8 mana inc 7 lmc 17 12 9 21 9 resists
Legs are mana 2 reg with 7 mana inc 6 lmc 12 22 17 14 10 resists
rune bettle with totem is 10 int but 3 mana reg and 15 +10 lmc
so have 38 lmc
and has true 68+ damn inc

Macdaddy

Macdaddy

Trustworthy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
What is funny too is on this char just could not fit in play style chivarly have to carry blue pots, white, red, and fire area pot heh.

axer

100 anatomy
90 healing
100 lumber
100 resist
120 parry
120 swords
90 tactics

this what was before the darn tac thing

120 anatomy
95 healing
100 lumber
120 resist
120 parry
120 swords
65 chivalry

Macdaddy

Macdaddy

Trustworthy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
So since in siege your best bet as I told ya is to be in factions and bless all your items and then work with items to make your stats like as above :)

Phix

Phix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
why parry on an axer without bushido? If you had bushido then it would make sense but axes are two handed.

Macdaddy

Macdaddy

Trustworthy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
If dont have parry then your have bushido but I use both but seem in pvp to not have as much of issue at all you know
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Macdaddy

Macdaddy

Trustworthy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
Very true but like to have no resist use items have parry and resist :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Phix

Phix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
Maybe you still dont understand that having parry is a complete waist with a 2 handed weapon (all axes) and no bushido. I guess if you use some 1 handed weapons but doesnt this defeat the point in having lumberjacking?

Scapra

Scapra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Axers can work really well, but lumberjacking is unfortunately useless to put in your skills. I would recommend a template of
swords tactics resist chiv med bushido parry, going light on chiv and med as needed to get the others as high as possible. There is an axer on atlantic who kills people 100% of the time 1 on 1 with a ridiculously uber hatchet, which is super rare since you can't runicly craft hatchets, it has hit fireball damage increase lots of swing speed increase so it hits at 1.25s plus super high hit lower defense. Hatchets get disarm and armor ignore so basically three swings later a total of about 4 seconds, you die unless you can run reallly fast =) He also keeps an executioner axe handy to mortal blow people who give him any trouble.

SumoRat

SumoRat

Minax Factioneer Of Legends

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
im Playin An Axer Atm The Temp Is

Swords
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Bushido
Resist
Chiv (low!)

I Have A Nice Hatchet + Ornate..

I Concecrate Divine .. Bleed With Hatchet Switch To Ornate.. Crushing Till Dead.. With Lighting I Hit 40+ With The Spells Damage Usually 50-60 Per Time against 70 Phys (divine Is giving me 98 Dmg Inc)

SumoRat

SumoRat

Minax Factioneer Of Legends

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
My Hatchet... Which Is Just A Shadow Iron War Axe.. (Not a hatchet.. just looks like one) is..

48 Light
50 Low Def
40 Di
30 Ssi ...

So it Owns. With Stats Of 45 hci 15 Dci.. I Evade To Avoid Hits. N Keep Up High Damage