Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Axer?

- - - - - axer

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Majere

Majere

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
Do they still work? I loved my jacker pre aos.... This is what I was thinking post aos:

=======================
110 STR, 110 DEX, 35 INT

80 anatomy
120 swords
90 bushido
100 lumber
55 chivalry
100 resist (or parry?)
90 tactics
80 healing (or parry?)
(715 cap)
================

This would be for the Siege Perilous server.
Figure I'll have some nice axe with SSI and a spell plus I'll use DCI/HCI jewls and LMC armor. what your thoughts?

No matter what I am looking for a Bushido/Chiv Jacker combo I think.
"Siege is the best form of UO one can play today..."

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
Probably not worth it. They nerfed lumberjackers some time ago, there was just a discussion on this forum within the last week. The DI for 100 jacking is only something like 20%, hardly worth the effort. FWIW. I'm sure others that play/played that template will chime in.

Majere

Majere

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
i understand that but it what i use to play and would like to play again... i figure since it is siege that the extra damage increase is wroth it... not like i can have uber arties. just a really... really.. nice axe.

Phix

Phix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
Get a sick ornate axe, disarm and crushing (mage = dead). Consencrate weapon is your damage here. Lumberjacks do the most damage (of all dexers) in the game with an ornate axe. It is worth it.

To truly understand something, change it.

Majere

Majere

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
thats what i wanted to hear :)

do you think i should go with parry instead of resist or heal? or not at all?

Phix

Phix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
I wouldnt go parry because most axes are two handed. I think they all are. So you could go bushido but in my opinion it is a bit of a waist with this template.

swords
tact
anat
lumber
heal
chiv
resist

Majere

Majere

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
i like lighten strike stacked with chiv spells. plus confidence has saved my ass a few times. but i do think i will go with parry instead of resist besides dont i only need 55 in chiv to use the spells i want?

Phix

Phix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
I have heard 55. I bring mine up to 75 for an easier remove curse. But I have no scientific backing on that one.

Bushido is nice but with an axer using an ornate. You devine/consencrate, Disarm then Crushing or just Crushing if they have no dci and you hit them everytime. Lightning stike in PvP in that situation where you only get a few hits on a person is a bit pointless. Your consencrated Crushing will do about 40 damage - 70+ damage based on resists. Lightningstike will do maybe 20. Granted the mana is lower to use lightningstrike and you have a chance at a crit. I would go with the template listed above, if you feel you need bushido., throw it in there. I however dont recommend bushido/parry on an axer.

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
The template may work on Siege, but it definitely does not work well on other production shards. Siege is tough cause everyone and their mother is a tamer, and that template will be tough against one.

Necro dexxers are still the best imo as of right now, for dexxers atleast. Necro mages are the best over all template, outside of a pvp tamer.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Majere

Majere

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
120 anatomy
120 swords
100 lumber
65 chivalry
100 parry
120 tactics
100 bushido

or?

120 anatomy
120 swords
100 lumber
65 chivalry
100 med
120 tactics
100 healing

Phix

Phix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
go with med

Phix

Phix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
or poisoning =)

Majere

Majere

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
what could i do with poison? seems pointless for an axer.

Phix

Phix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
You could DP someone? Fighting a mage? use a cleaver, bleed, DP, then swap to your ornate and crushing blow them? If you dont like poison just go med. Hitting so hard you dont NEED it, but it is nice to chain poison people then switch and hit for a big one.

Majere

Majere

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
good ideas thanks.

Macdaddy

Macdaddy

Trustworthy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
if I get dped I just pot or evade, if mage evade, and bleed him and if it is a necro just evade if need apple and then bleed him unless in lich or wraith form then they die in few hits too

But poison is not that valued anymore unless you play on a shard with people that dont use pots but most good as in really good players use and have pots

Majere

Majere

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
If you dont use pots you will die far more faster/often on any server while pvping.

Macdaddy

Macdaddy

Trustworthy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
nah since most times using proper ways to use bush char you at times or me that is do over 70 damn +18 spell or more in one hit so i out damn them :) dp is nothing really I heal faster than it can't hurt me when im using confidence

Phix

Phix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
so your bleeding and DPed and you are using confidence? lol

DP might be curable with pots, but charges on a weapon will always out last pots. Go ahead and try to pot through my DP-4/6 chiv-dexer. Its funny when your 20 cure pots are gone =/ and i still have 30 charges that i can apply very easily at any point. I would assume you would then recall or run away?

Poison is very viable even with pots, it costs nothing to use and not everyone has 20+ cure pots on them at all times. If you do, great. That = 2x - 3x dp pots the poisoner needs to carry to negate that. Most dexer fights last awhile and that is that.

A mage dropping a shield or book in order to cure a pot is exactly why I would have DP on a dexer. Go ahead and greater cure so i can hit you with a strong attack, just to poison you again right after.

On that note, if you have exec axe with bleed and mortal, this can take the place of poisoning so you can have med. I went this route on my lumberjack so that I can have med for chiv + specials constantly.

Macdaddy

Macdaddy

Trustworthy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
Ya i never run and pulled 5 dped weopens to 0 and most times dont even last that long since kill them easy but this is lumber place just saying same with good ax and skills you dont lose much to others.