Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

KR Not all bad

- - - - - bad kr

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Winfield

Winfield

Governor of PaxLair, Chesapeake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts
I'm using UOKR most of the time now. I'm not usually in combat situations where I need the speed. But for what I do, I really love the flexibility of the user interface and especially the zoomin zoomout feature.

I use several toolbars which makes counting resources, gold, reagents, etc. very easy. I'm getting use to the macro system and it seems very powerful.

I run a lot of meetings in UO, and for that I must still use 2D because I don't think Journals record yet in UOKR. And the Chat system in UOKR still needs work (it's hard to change chat modes unless using the Legacy chat mode option).

With my new graphics card, I run UOKR at high rez and that gives me a lot of screen space. I do wish UOKR would allow multiple monitor usage; then that would be golden.

The Mapping system and Radar work pretty well for me, but is still a far cry from UOAM's precision, resolution, and user flexibility.

The party bars are still buggy for me to use (health does not show up well, not easy to see who is out of view, etc); I'm a cross-healer in parties and I have to use 2D for major adventure parties.

By and large, though, UOKR is like learning a new interface, and I think a powerful one at that. Every chance I get, I learn about or find new tricks in the interface. I'm happy with the way UOKR is going, and I imagine the graphics will improve over time too.

Winfield

Winfield

Governor of PaxLair, Chesapeake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts
Oh yes, Aquamark3 is about a 65MB download I think.

There are other benchmarks, if they still exist. Let's see...
  • 3DMark2001SE - probably an old benchmark, newer one is probably out there.
  • PCMark
Both of these are about 40 MB download. I think I used these a few years ago since they are in my old downloads a few years back. Not sure they both still exist. I don't remember what both of those do, but I believe I used them to test at least graphics components.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bad, kr