Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

KR Not all bad

- - - - - bad kr

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
KR has some really nice features. I was filling potion kegs the other night. Had it set to make max. Well when it had made nine. My ISP lagged. I set there watching it and wondering how long this would last and would I need to restart the macro. Well finally the lag spike ended. My comp was making the "pouring" noises furiously. I watched my make count jump to 21 then went to 41 and leveled off in the low fifties. So it seems they have the server side actually doing the work and just reporting it back to the client.

May not mean much to most people. If you are used to using UO Assist. It is a nice change :)

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
It's taking a bit to get used to, but I'm making head way. I kinda compare it to relearning Microsoft Office , the 2007 version is soo much different than the 2003 interface. But sooner or later I'll get there and be comfortable.

So far the only thing I totally miss is UOAM, the map just plain sucks.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
I want to familiarise myself with KR and enjoy all it offers,but sadly to date,I can still barely move around :(

However I CAN logg in and see it now :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
Still trying to learn it too. Took me a while when I started playing 2d, but not as long as it's taking me now. But I'll get there.

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
When they get KR where you can do things. Give it a good work out. It really is a nice client. Right now my biggest problem is lag (not with KR). The ISP for my ISP has a problem. I hoped they would have it fixed by now. So far it has been this way for several weeks. Not much fun trying to hunt when you can lag for thirty to forty seconds :-/ .

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Spree

Spree

I ♥ ORKIES !!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

It's taking a bit to get used to, but I'm making head way. I kinda compare it to relearning Microsoft Office , the 2007 version is soo much different than the 2003 interface. But sooner or later I'll get there and be comfortable.

So far the only thing I totally miss is UOAM, the map just plain sucks.

What is Office I'm still using Word for Windows 2.0. The only probem I have it is on the old 5 1/4, I have to copy it to Zip disk to move it to a new computer. :P
Posted Image
Ahh. Sorry to misinform. I redirect your questions on all things Stratics to Delilah ~ TizzyL

Spree

Spree

I ♥ ORKIES !!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
As for KR it sucks since it does not run takes 5 min to get to log on screen, the mouse curser never shows up. 30 second lag between tyuping any thing or moving mouse and to have it show up on screen. P4 2,4 gig 1 gig mem and new nvidia 7600 card with 512 meg vid mem. KR SUCKS and i dont like it
Posted Image
Ahh. Sorry to misinform. I redirect your questions on all things Stratics to Delilah ~ TizzyL

Nok

Nok

Founder/Publisher of GameXbar

• Members
  • 3,217 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

What is Office I'm still using Word for Windows 2.0. The only probem I have it is on the old 5 1/4, I have to copy it to Zip disk to move it to a new computer. :P

You're scaring me Spree! ;)

Posted Image
GameXbar: DAoC - LOTRO - MMO - UO - WAR - WoW

noixiata

noixiata

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

it seems they have the server side actually doing the work and just reporting it back to the client.

This sounds good, and yes it's not all bad in KR :P

Posted Image

"..the first lesson: that we must be
powerful, beautiful and without regret.."
- Armand

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
I can get into KR now, and move around a bit. The bad part is if I try to go anywhere. The more I move around, the more lag I get. It all just keeps building up until I have to log off.

Gyvalor

Gyvalor

collecter of death robes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
During the past few weeks I have been spending a lot of time in KR. I am growing found of little things like the ease of making macros and using hotbars. Also the way you just right click on loot items and they go straight to your pack. However Like Adri mentioned after a few hours of playing KR gets really slow and laggy, then I have to go back to 2d. I read somewhere that KR has a memroy leak issue they are working on so this should be fixed at some point. But if you can give KR a chance, it will grow on you.
Posted Image

Gorthyn

Gorthyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
Still wont patch ,still cant play :'(
Gorthyn
Of The Shadow Court
Posted Image

Ridaran - Elf with attitude

The Warband of Imladris - LOTRO

Nok

Nok

Founder/Publisher of GameXbar

• Members
  • 3,217 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Hi Gorthyn,

Still wont patch ,still cant play :'(

Are you using Vista?

Posted Image
GameXbar: DAoC - LOTRO - MMO - UO - WAR - WoW

Danny Ocean

Danny Ocean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
yeah, if you're using Vista, you need to run the prog as an admin, otherwise it won't patch.

Solidchrome

Solidchrome

† Virtual hero- real life geek †

• Members
  • 1,858 posts
Its now very playable for me with no probs except the odd ctd. I love thegraphics in KR and the interface and craft menus are great.

Tovladian Soltyr- "..then I saw it was Solid and I was like "Ah ok" because we all know he's not the most complete box of crayons.."

UOForums Need Your Donations- Click Here

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Just a note for those lagging a bit. I posted in my blog that by turning off shadows in the graphics options, KR ran light years better for me. And I have a fairly decent system.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

facattac

facattac

Lil' Scamp

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
Turn OFF shadows? I'll try that, thanks. Is there a way to shut off swaying trees?

Solidchrome

Solidchrome

† Virtual hero- real life geek †

• Members
  • 1,858 posts
Gorthyn..
Can you tell us what the problem with your patching is? Sorry if I have missed any of your previous posts :)

Tovladian Soltyr- "..then I saw it was Solid and I was like "Ah ok" because we all know he's not the most complete box of crayons.."

UOForums Need Your Donations- Click Here

Winfield

Winfield

Governor of PaxLair, Chesapeake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts
I have a computer that would "crawl" (unplayable) in UOKR. So I thought it's probably my old graphics card. My computer is hand-built, but about 3-5 years old in technology. It's 2.01GHz AMD Athlon XP 2400+, 1.5 GB RAM.

I tested my system with Aquamark3, which I downloaded from here. I think/hope that is a trusted site (http://www.softpedia.com)

On my poor system, I had a total Aquamark3 value of around 6000. My CPU value was pretty good, but my GFX (graphics card) value was really low.

I then bought a new top of the line AGP card (since I did not want to change my motherboard and go with new PCI-extended cards yet) and I can easily play UOKR on my older computer. I now get an Aquamark3 rating of about 33,000. I think my computer was waiting so much on the graphics card to do things, I could not play UOKR on that machine.

I don't understand all the tests and values, but I do see the test shows the workload on the CPU versus the workload on the GFX (graphics) card. (higher ratings are good, lower are bad).

Are there other forums/threads talking about test benchmarks for our computers so we can at least try to know what components might need upgrading?

-- Player behind Winfield

merth

merth

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
LOL just to give yall an idea how bad my work comp is....8:44 hours just to download aquamark3. just seeing that is enough to tell me it suxxors!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bad, kr