Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

What forum is it that Jeremy responds to people on?

- - - - - forum jeremy people responds

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Gieschen

Gieschen

Bringing RP back to mmoRPg! w0o+!!!!!!1 <

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Is that stratics? Why not here? Just curious.

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I asked that....several times, the official response is Stratics gets more traffic then any other UO fan site, so they use them exclusively.

That’s pretty much the reason – right now I have beta forums as well as public forums, and posts I put on U.Hall are going to get many more eyes than on any other site. To be perfectly honest, I don’t have anything like the time needed to keep up with other sites – yours, Flutter’s, or anyone else’s. It’s not a judgment, it’s a numbers game. Also, as time goes by you’ll see more and more stuff getting posted on the Herald and NOT on any forums – again, for time reasons.

Gieschen

Gieschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
suxxxors :(

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Indeed, although that was back in March, they still seem to be posting on Stratics a hell of alot.
I don't agree with it, but there's nothing I can do.
I send out an invite to any new UO team member and reminders every now and again
I do me best, but we're obviously not "worthy" :P

Brom

Brom

Introverted Barbarian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
Stratics may get more "eyes", but I question the intelligence and maturity level behind a great many of them. I think the UO staff would be better served by posting here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gieschen

Gieschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Agreed

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Well thats where Ally and I come in, by bringing over as much 'news' as we can that is posted by the dev team :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Brom

Brom

Introverted Barbarian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
Tabbitha and Ally, you certainly have my thanks for it! :)

I don't have hip waders that are tall enough for reading on stratics. :icon_wink:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Yea, I did debate with her a few times about it, but obviously it didn't work, heh
Cathat however is kind enough to visit!

Gieschen

Gieschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
:) yep, I like seeing CatHat of the forum, especially since he's the art guy and I love art junk. (my mom and sister are artists, and I am artistic where I recognize good art, though I can only draw)

buddy lee

buddy lee

Agent Zero

• Members
  • 2,249 posts

Agreed

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Sometimes I don't think Stratics has more "eyes" just more screen names.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
definitly agree with that dip
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Doesn't bother me that they use Stratics as a source of feedback, what bothers me is they completey shun other fansite forums.
Not everyone uses stratics, or wants to use them.
To me, it's as if they're basically saying, we'll only read/respond to feedback on stratics and no where else, which imo, is wrong.

It's like UO's 10th anniversary.
Quite a few UO team members posted in a thread there saying happy 10th, not one posted on UOF, not even to say congrats on OUR 5th anniversary.

I am grateful for what they DO give us, like prizes for one of our contests and interviews (Even if they take 9+ months to get returned, if at all) :P

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Tabbitha and Ally, you certainly have my thanks for it! :)

I don't have hip waders that are tall enough for reading on stratics. :icon_wink:

I would have to agree with that statement.

When I started playing UO I went to stratics daily, since I found UOForums I hardly ever go back. There is a bunch of good people at are willing to help with anything. Every question has been answered, every PM has been answered, and people are willing to meet in the game to help.

I just want to say thanks to everyone at UOF. I would still be lost in this game if it wasn't for this forum and the memebers of this forum!!!!!!

Again thanks for everything:D

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Ive sent Jeremy the odd PM on here when a player has needed help of the sort no one seemed able to help them with.

I dont remember getting a reply though.

I tried in my own way to encourage her to use UOForums a bit more,hoping that the fact we arent quite so ' in her face' and outright rude,might make her enjoy visiting here more,hehe.

The last PM I sent was on the 25th Sept,regarding Gnomy's 'UO Comics' as I thought she would get a laugh out of them ,but sadly,she hasnt logged in here since the 18th :).

All that said,we dont know what she is told to/or she can/ do .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
IMHO, our job is to keep our own readers informed, updated and happy. And I think we're doing a great job of it. We have our own style and I don't think we need EA Devs to justify our existence.

And I have to add, and kinda back up Jeremy, back in the day it was a major nightmare to try to keep up with all the posts, emails, never mind check other sites. I can see where her problem lies, been there done that and it isn't easy.

Let's continue to do "our" thing and let the chips fall where they may.

All IMHO

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

CatHat

CatHat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

IMHO, our job is to keep our own readers informed, updated and happy. And I think we're doing a great job of it. We have our own style and I don't think we need EA Devs to justify our existence.

And I have to add, and kinda back up Jeremy, back in the day it was a major nightmare to try to keep up with all the posts, emails, never mind check other sites. I can see where her problem lies, been there done that and it isn't easy.

All IMHO

Well said - you guys really do a fantastic job! I'm really grateful to all your hard work.

=)=)=)

Cathat

Posted Image
Dave "CatHat" Brown

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks Cat, nice to hear it's appreciated :)
And thanks Silver for your post, to.

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts

Sometimes I don't think Stratics has more "eyes" just more screen names.

I'm not even sure the most vocal actually play anymore.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: forum, jeremy, people, responds