Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

UOKR pc compatibility

- - - - - compatibility pc uokr

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Yaya'Ri

Yaya'Ri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Whats up with UOKR? I thought i had a decent system thats consist of:
Pentium 4 3.ooGHz
1.00 GB of RAM
Saphire Radeon X700 pro
and i still move sloooow .any tips from anyone?

Nok

Nok

Founder/Publisher of GameXbar

• Members
  • 3,217 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Hi YaYa'Ri,

Although KR turned out to need higher resources than anticipated, but even though KR has gone "gold" and is a production release... it will still be undergoing a lot of optimizations for a while to get it to run better.

Pentium 4 3.ooGHz
1.00 GB of RAM
Saphire Radeon X700 pro
and i still move sloooow .any tips from anyone?

Normally that would be an adequate system. However that's really not a lot of info to determine from a distance what would keep KR from running on your system. Aside from a full list, which OS are you running... XP or Vista? And which version of those? Vista's 64-bit versions are having the most problems with KR. Make sure you've checked Windows Update again just to be sure you have the latest updates and hotfixes (if you have Vista, there are some hotfixes not available through WU yet... not till Vista's Service Pack 1 due in about 2 months).

If your Intel PC has an Intel chipset you may want to check Intel's web site for any chipset & I/O interface drivers that would enhance the performance of your system. If your systemboard uses another company's chipset, check that web site. Also check the web site for the maker of your hard drive, sometimes you may find a driver specific to your hard drive that may help too.

Lots of people still believe that 1g of RAM should be adequate, but really it's not enough even on XP (depends on how your system is configured)... and especially not for Vista. 2g or more makes a big difference (especially if you have faster, low latency RAM). Update all your security software (anti-virus, anti-spyware, etc.) and do a complete, full scan... just to make sure there is not anything running in the background slowing things down. Also look in Windows Task Manager to see if you see anything that might be running that you don't actually need to run all the time, like component & software connection & update services... such as services for iPods & MP3 players, updaters for media players, printers, etc.

About your video card (assuming this is it), it should work fine... just make sure that you have the latest drivers for it. Windows Update is a little slow in getting the newest drivers... so either check either the ATI or Sapphire web sites, or if you have ATI's Catalyst Control Center installed... use Check For Updates function in it. Sapphire makes two versions of the X700 Pro... the Hybrid and the TOXIC, make sure you choose the right one.

Also after doing the security scans, do some maintenance on your system. Follow up the scans with CHKDSK, Disk Cleanup (during this would be a good time to erase any of those unnecessary files you don't need anymore), and finally Disk Defragmenter. It's important to do these in this order to reduce any chances of data loss.

I wouldn't recommend spending any money until after you've completely scanned & maintained your PC, and installed any driver/OS updates needed. After that, if you need anything... it would be more RAM (rumor has it there is no such thing as too much RAM). =) Although you may want to wait for another couple of KR patches to know if you really have to or not.

Doing all this is no guarantee that KR will run well on your system, but it could also be just what you need... it is all good PC practices though. There is also 2D for now until KR gets better with time. Hope that helps.

Posted Image
GameXbar: DAoC - LOTRO - MMO - UO - WAR - WoW

Yaya'Ri

Yaya'Ri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I'd like to thank you for your insightfull reply to my PC problems in regards to UOKR. I did all that you suggested and i now am playing UOKR in all its glory.Now that i am playing it i have to say,what happened? All the screenshots of it prior to its beta release were just awesome.To me it looks terrible and maybe itll get better sooner rather than later.Anywho again thanks im up and running and i have learned some things

Nok

Nok

Founder/Publisher of GameXbar

• Members
  • 3,217 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Hi YaYa'Ri,

I can't speak about the current publish of KR, except that it will get better over time.

And about your PC... you are welcome. :)

Posted Image
GameXbar: DAoC - LOTRO - MMO - UO - WAR - WoW

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Nice call Nok,thanks for the help :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nok

Nok