Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Cloak of Humility Art

- - - - - art cloak humility

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Thradia

Thradia

*licks*

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
Posted over on UO Stratics:

Player: The dragon helm was so good and the cloak is so bad (stiff)

CatHat: Good eyes

Actually the Cloak of Humility and other armor was created shortly after ML - using the Mondain's Legacy Method of the 3d client's low poly needs sorta dictating what the 2d model will look like. Probably why so many folk say it looks stiff in the 2d. 3d having a higher framerate and a different rigging system fitting the 3d client more than the 2d world.

Notice how the monsters in ML looked in 2d - poly's showing - well its that same old method on that wearable. The armor and stuff - much you haven't even been allowed to glimpse looks pretty fine - the cloak just comes off stiff.

The dragon armor stuff, while released sooner, was actually developed afterwards with a more advanced art philosopy process. The Dragon Armor set was made under the idea that Polygon count doesn't matter in 2D so just make it look good - not to mention the fact that a spiffy partial hue is critical too.

So If anything consider this Cloak an artifact in the real sense of the word- cause its the last of the objects to probably be developed the way it was. Last of the SE, ML way of doing things. Dragon Armor was sort of a turning point in how stuff is in the 2d client.

Is it realistic to expect to see a change come over the cloak - yeah - i think so - QA bug listed it for us. Odds are... someday you'll see that cloak in world looking quite smoothed out. Hopefully not too different - lol then i'd have a whole different set of complaints - HEY! WHY'D YOU CHANGE IT I LIKED IT.

Still - when it comes to turning points - the quest for this object really was a turning point in more sophisticated quest systems. So thats another landmark for UO.

Player: eye candy for the most part. I wouldn't be caught wearing mine unless I was a huge bragger.

Wilki: We are talking about the cloak of Humility here, right?

Someone strong in the virtue of humility isn't going to be complaining about a lack of bling. The virtues aren't about things and looking good... they're about, well, the virtues.

Seems we've lost something along the way here...

Posted Image
Posted Image

Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests
I like his last reply. pwnage

Niles

Niles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
Well in this game people hardly care about the virtues. I suppose it only matters to those that Rp. And not those that want to look good and have the best equipment. I'm still wearing Gm made leather armor in pvp. The cloak is stiff. Its long but it just didn't look right to me. The picture we had posted on here when the 8th age items were released we had the suit together and the cloak looked red like a cloak someone of royal blood would wear.

I wander if you have the whole suit put together would the color of everything change like the other armor sets

Cassie

Cassie

I'm high on life, can't you tell?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
I'm not really into RP and I care about the virtues...I try to uphold them in game (depending on char of course)...so please don't lump us all together and say we don't care...'cause some of us do.
Posted Image

Niles

Niles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
I didn't mean it in the way it sounded.. I was just trying to refer to those that really don't care about interactive with others. Also I didn't mean to offend anyone either. On my shard all I see are people that wish to have the best equipment or what to look great. I do alot of rping since that what I thought this game was suppose to be about. But alot of people I see around only want to sell stuff or just want to be in fel and do the pvp but pvp isn't exactly what it once was. i mean I go there looking ot have fun and all I hear is I pwned you and this sorta of crap since its no one wishs to actually fight one on one. I'm sorry if I had put everyone into a group. That's not how I ment it. I meant it more towards the crowd of folks that act like jerks or show there Arse ingame thinking they can't get in trouble like you would in rl. Do forgive me on not being more spiefic on my statement.

Cassie

Cassie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
no worries...I wasn't offended. I guess my 'pet peeve' with forums/internet interaction is it IS harder to portray what sentiment is behind what we type...I know that I have typed stuff that has been misconstrued and so didn't want it to be in your case? Sorry if i sounded like i was coming down on you...I did that quest last night and I had fun doing it. the cloak itself may not look like much, but hey, i 'earned' it :D
Posted Image

Niles

Niles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

no worries...I wasn't offended. I guess my 'pet peeve' with forums/internet interaction is it IS harder to portray what sentiment is behind what we type...I know that I have typed stuff that has been misconstrued and so didn't want it to be in your case? Sorry if i sounded like i was coming down on you...I did that quest last night and I had fun doing it. the cloak itself may not look like much, but hey, i 'earned' it :D

First thing I need to say is sorry I didn't respond sooner been sick to my stomach and coulnd't get out of bed let alone get to the computer to respond. I do agree when typing it is diffcult to understand how someone means what they say. The quest for the cloak does give you a sense of pride out of earning it since you did it on your own but if i remember correctly pride is the other direction of the meaning of Humility. But Earning something is always leaves a good feeling to one's self.

Cassie

Cassie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
good point...I wasn't thinking so much of the way my answer might sound prideful. What I meant was that I did the quest all by myself...(with a little help at the end heh), but the sense of accomplishment of having done it, not just 'hey look what i got for doing this!'

make sense?
Posted Image

Niles

Niles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
Yes I understand.:) I mean doing something that is diffcult on your own gives a person a nice smile. Like in the old days if I could last a long time with nothing but a butcher's knife. I've not actaully done the quest besides on TC since I'm not friended to the libaray yet. last time I tried I lost my Horselord Bow.

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
hu·mil·i·ty n. The quality or condition of being humble.

hum·ble ( P ) Marked by meekness or modesty in behavior, attitude, or spirit; not arrogant or prideful.
Showing deferential or submissive respect: a humble apology.
Low in rank, quality, or station; unpretentious or lowly: a humble cottage.

Hrm, sounds like the cloak should be as plain looking as humaly possible, no?

Posted Image

Snowy

Snowy

Pretty Nice Disguise, isn't it?

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
It is pretty much that... it's just that it lays there like a board.. not cloth...

~

"It's definitely a Bubble Bath Day.". ~ Dove Promise

~

Cassie

Cassie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
a comment was made on the uhall boards on the stratics boards...'it just doesn't match my outfit..what am i to do?'...

i don't think it's 'supposed' to 'match' any particular outfit, except maybe for the suit it goes 'with' ...

i don't worry about color-coordination of my outfits..i'm looking for something that keeps me alive long enough to run with my tail between my legs..lol
Posted Image

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
What are the stats on it?

Posted Image

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
kettlewhistle - +1 to all resists when part of a full set

I may be the only one to say this, but I like the way the cloak looks... and seeing how the majority of people don't, I may have to take a second look at my RL wardrobe.

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts

....., I may have to take a second look at my RL wardrobe.

Dip, I like your collection of Hawaiian shirts and bowling shoes :P

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
I knew I shouldn't model myself after Lebowski (sp?).

Snowy

Snowy

Pretty Nice Disguise, isn't it?

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
Oh, I like it except for the 'boardlike' way it lays behind you on horse. The collar is nice and I even like the color. I posted this in another forum, guess I didn't think to add it here too.

~

"It's definitely a Bubble Bath Day.". ~ Dove Promise

~

Mapper

Mapper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
I quite like the colour of the cloak too, I dont like how it moves when you walk though.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mapper - Egan - Tari Seregon - Aeldur
Europa News Manager on Stratics

Adrianna Danere

Adrianna Danere

Stop staring at my daishos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
In 3D the cloak behaves like the pre-AoS cloaks did, ie. it's sorta tied to your ankles instead of flowing freely... which looks kinda crappy. But other than that and some clipping issues I do like the design, picked up cloaks for two of my characters.

Though the original color is nice, I had to dye 'em both to better suit my chars' outfits - which brings about some funny things with partial hues, like dyeing the cloak white turns the inside a sort of pinkish tone :grin:

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: art, cloak, humility