Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Only one race in the trial download?

- - - - - download race trial

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

ErikW1248

ErikW1248

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Do I have to buy this game to activate more races? I tried going to frys and they don't even carry it? Is it normal that only the human race appears?

---Edit---
Also, I just noticed that I cannot even get past the Profession screen. when I click next, nothing happens!

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
There is a little icon at the bottom I believe that says Elf or Human.

Are you picking Advanced Profession, like Blacksmith, or Samurai or are you trying to do it old school were you tweak 3 ?

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

Solidchrome

Solidchrome

† Virtual hero- real life geek †

• Members
  • 1,858 posts
Hi
You need Modains Legacy to be able to choose another race.
Hope this helps.

Tovladian Soltyr- "..then I saw it was Solid and I was like "Ah ok" because we all know he's not the most complete box of crayons.."

UOForums Need Your Donations- Click Here

Guest_Valamyr_*

Guest_Valamyr_*
  • Guests
So the trial version doesnt have all the expansions included?

Alright... having the same issue here, and im also wondering if the cutomize appearance option also requires an expansion?

Guest_Valamyr_*

Guest_Valamyr_*
  • Guests
awright i was able to create a character with hair using the 2d client

but this way, i miss out on the tutorial quite sadly. oh well. hair > wasting an hour figuring out how to get the trainer to teach me magery 1.

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Welcome to UOForums Valamyr,hope we can be of help as you start out on your journey in UO KR.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ghazghkull

Ghazghkull

Warboss [Orcs]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
The trial does not come with Mondains Legacy, that is why you cannot use the Elf race. Though the question is why would you want to? "Dirty Elbz!" You may also find certain items you will not be able to use until you upgrade. For instance the quivers and the Crystal and Shadow house tiles.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[Orcs] Guild Master [Europa]

Orcs Website | Orcs Forum

callumf

callumf

Stalking U

• Members
  • 2,107 posts
I think you are missing the obvious =)

This guy cant believe there is an online MMO that only comes with one or even two races and not loads like in nearly ALL other MMOs whcih are fantasy based.

To answer the OP - in UO there are only two "official" player races humans and elves.

However you can role play an orc by using an Orc mask etc etc

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
Welcome to UOForums my young ones...

Hope you will enjoy your stay here and in UO. Give it some time and you will love it!

Posted Image

lklovelykiki24

lklovelykiki24

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,113 posts
:XXbunny:Welcome to UO :XXbunny:

Ghazghkull

Ghazghkull

Warboss [Orcs]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

I think you are missing the obvious =)

This guy cant believe there is an online MMO that only comes with one or even two races and not loads like in nearly ALL other MMOs whcih are fantasy based.

To answer the OP - in UO there are only two "official" player races humans and elves.

However you can role play an orc by using an Orc mask etc etc

Ey yug nub d'ont! Orcs are a real race! They are the most superior out the bunch. And their is no such thing as "an orc mask"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[Orcs] Guild Master [Europa]

Orcs Website | Orcs Forum

Nok

Nok

Founder/Publisher of GameXbar

• Members
  • 3,217 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Ey yug nub d'ont! Orcs are a real race! They are the most superior out the bunch. And their is no such thing as "an orc mask"

Ghazghkull is my buddy. Especially when it comes time to choose sides for the annual bagball match in Luna.=)

Posted Image
GameXbar: DAoC - LOTRO - MMO - UO - WAR - WoW

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: download, race, trial