Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

EA customer service, can I get a response from an EA rep?

- - - - - customer ea rep response service

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
source

Ok I've been trying for a while to get an issue taken care of with my account. It seems every time I call in the person I get doesn't understand me and I certainly have a problem with understanding them.

On my final call before this I came out and said, "Is there anyway to get around the automated system because it really sucks and is more annoying than it is useful" and the CSR said "If you talk to me that way then I will not be able to help you" then he hung up on me. I didn't know I was that brutal with him and thinking now that I'm just going to let my accounts go inactive..

My question for the EA reps is.... Do you all ever plan on moving your call centers to america or a native speaking english country or keep the jobs overseas? I'm not racist by any means but this language barrier is a huge obstacle for me. Would there be a way of you sending out maybe a survey for all of your customers to give input on how they feel about your call center and customer service as a whole?

Thats it for me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello Iwilleatyoursoul,
If you are having trouble with our phone support please feel free to use the "Contact Us" option at http://support.ea.com. Please provide as much information as possible, we'll ask for more if you forget something so don't worry. =)

If you have a very old account, don't forget you may need to prefix your account name with uo_XXXXX to log in to send us a message.

Anyone who has trouble on the phone understanding an EA Rep should try out our email support if there isssue is not critical or time sensitive. Common issues are addressed rather quickly, and there is no waiting.. you just send in the email, and then go back to enjoying UO. =) We'll notify you when a response is ready for you. If you like you can even PM me the "incident #" the email will be assigned and I'll follow it to make sure you get the assistance you need quickly.

Should you have any further questions or troubles, please just let me know.

Sincerely,
Spada
Tech/Member Service Customer Support Supervisor
Electronic Arts

Marco "Spada" Sederquist
Global EA Customer Support Lead
Player Relations
Electronic Arts
*Currently accepting PM's

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ghazghkull

Ghazghkull

Warboss [Orcs]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
He has a fair point, customer service is appauling and not being racist myself but when you ring and get an indian call center where they are named Bob or Dave for instance and can hardly speak any english its frustrating to say the least.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[Orcs] Guild Master [Europa]

Orcs Website | Orcs Forum

iheartcullens

iheartcullens

Phoenix Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
I can't even get anyone from customer service who knows anything about UO at all. I am so irritated, and i submitted an online question a week and a half ago, and still no answer. then I called them with the same question, and he said he wasn't a UO rep but would put it in the system and they would get back to me, and NOTHING. the 24 hour wait is a LIE.

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA

I can't even get anyone from customer service who knows anything about UO at all.

That was my experience as well. Not only did the support people I talked to (4 in all) not know anything about Ultima Online, they also had no idea how to answer questions about accounts being hacked, nor who to pass me along to who might have those answers.

It still irritates me that I pay cash money every month for 5 accounts from a company with such atrocious customer support.

But, I love the game, and even moreso, I love the community, so.... I pay.

Brom

Brom

Introverted Barbarian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

I can't even get anyone from customer service who knows anything about UO at all. I am so irritated, and i submitted an online question a week and a half ago, and still no answer. then I called them with the same question, and he said he wasn't a UO rep but would put it in the system and they would get back to me, and NOTHING. the 24 hour wait is a LIE.

Same experience I've had with their so called "customer service". Last time I sent in an email for something I simply didn't get a reply. They usually just send you in loops if you get an answer anyhow. :-/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
Isn't EA customer service one of them oxymorons?

I've gotten to the point where if I can't solve a game breaking problem myself, I will most certainly stop playing. There are things I don't have time for, such as:

1. Waiting for 6 hours in a GM queue and getting the wrong answer at the end of the wait.
2. Writing emails every day with no success in getting any sort of response, let alone an answer. I've heard of some people who get automated responses, which would be an improvement from what I've experienced.
3. Spending hours on the phone just trying to get a simple process initiated (my case was account reactivation) and at the end of it finally creating a workaround of my own design since they were of no help at all whatsoever.

I realized after reopening my account last year that the customer service that I thought they had in the beginning was actually me not going through official channels in order to get a reaction or response. In other words, the only way to actually get customer service in UO as far as I know is to abuse the system.

Stukov

Stukov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
Developers did not have a clue for years what UO is about,I believe customer ┬┤┬┤support`` is not any different

Rascal

Rascal

Madam of Mayhem

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
It is irritating that their customer support really doesn't offer support at all. I have been for weeks trying to find out where my characters are on LA, since my house still stands and they still appear on the guild listing, yet when I log in I'm prompted to create a new character. I've gone to support.ea.com and still no reply after I was told 24 - 48 hours it's been weeks since my first phone call when their rep said he would submit it to the correct area for review. It's disturbing that I'm still paying for an account that I cannot use...even moreso that nobody is able to help me after hours on the phone.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
eeek Rascal, that's awful!! They just up and disappeared one day?? :(

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Rascal, have you tried emailing Jeremy?
Explain that you've tried support and it's been weeks, with no help.
jdalberg@ea.com

iheartcullens

iheartcullens

Phoenix Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Yesterday I was FINALLY able to get hold of someone who could help me with my problem. (which was that I had an old account from 99 that I stopped using a few years ago, and wanted to reactivate, but I had forgotten my password and which email address I was using with that account.) His name is Dustin, he is AMERICAN and speaks plain English. He was a great help to me. Who ever I talked to on a previous occasion wrote my email address down incorrectly and so no wonder no one was emailing me back. But when Dustin sent me the information that I needed, he even personalized the email a bit, I had explained to him that I have a GM mage, and with all the hard work I put into her I wanted to have her back, he said in the email "Have fun with your mage!" Anyway, I just wanted to say, that miracles do happen sometimes!!!

Pameleigha

Pameleigha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
Congrats Iheartcullins!
I have never had a good experience like that.

I wonder who they outsource EAJapan customer service to?

Hmmmm :eusa_wall:

Xenobia

Xenobia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I am so fed up with the so called "customer service" that it makes me not want to log in anymore. I have a huge housing issue with one of my accounts and no one will help me. I just emailed Jeremy in hopes of finally getting a resolution but within hours my house is going to fall and there is nothing I can do about it. I can't even replace it due to the fact that housing is broken right now.
I called EA, they don't know anything about UO. I finally get someone who tells me that a GM must help me. I wait the normal 5 hours for a GM. He tells me he cannot help me. I call EA back. They tell me to call a GM. WTF?!?!? So now I lose a house (my favorite I might add) and we all know they don't "replace" items in this game. Lovely. What has happened to UO??? I just want to pull my hair out and cancel all of my accounts. The game is wonderful and has kept me here for 10 years. You would think that a little help is due.>:(

Ferenhelm

Ferenhelm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts

I wonder who they outsource EAJapan customer service to?

Pakistan maybe?

iheartcullens

iheartcullens

Phoenix Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

my house is going to fall and there is nothing I can do about it. I can't even replace it due to the fact that housing is broken right now.

Ok so that would explain why I cant place a house. Because I know that if you do not own any other houses, even if you are in the 7 day period you can still place a house right away. but I can't. That stinks. I am sorry about your house, that is awful!!!

Markus Balthazar

Markus Balthazar

Nerves of steel!!!!

• Members
  • 2,498 posts
am I missing something? last time I called EA their call centre was based in Austin Texas or had moved somewhere else in the states.
Posted Image

NemesisDesignz

NemesisDesignz

Nemesis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
When you call EA you have to go to Pogo option on their automatic service crap in order to get someone that knows about UO........

Emails suck........just got a reply back from one of my small issues........ 13 days later......

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: customer, ea, rep, response, service