Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

To Die and To Gain

- - - - - die gain

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Ulfhedinn

Ulfhedinn

When a problem comes along, you must whip it

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
Two things have been piquing my curiosity with UO today. The first is to do with champion spawns. I read about how you need to go through the spawns one by one but how do you activate the spawning? Just by double clicking the statue?

The second is GGS, how the hell does it work? I'm not thick, I just don't get how it effects gains. I've read the page on UO.com dozens of times now and don't see how it effects normal gains or when it kicks in or anything. Can somebody who understand it explain it?:)

Memento Mori

Posted Image

Ansatsu_MoFo

Ansatsu_MoFo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Well I can help you with your first question..
To Activate ("pop") a spawn you need to be a knight of valor.. You can gain valor by kill pretty much any type of monsters in UO. To pop it click on the virtue gump in your paper doll and then click the valor virtue (the sword) you should then get a target cursor.. Target the idol (statue) and that will start the spawn..

Hope that helps..

As for GGS gains they always confuse me too.. They are pretty much a way to guarantee a gain over a period of time.. For me I use it on my bard.. Im 110 and I get a GGS gain each day.. The more skill you have the longer the time period between GGS.

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Welcome to UO Forums Ansatsu_MoFo :)

Would like to add a clarification on gaining Valor. You have to be in a champ spawn area (either Fel or Ilsh) and kill the spawn current spawn.

Let me take a stab at explaining GGS. Depending on your skill level and total skill points. There is a "skill timer". If you have not gained in the skill during the timer and you have a successful skill check after the timer has expired you will get a gain. Let me illustrate. I used GGS gain to legendary my last tamer. I was at 720 skill points (had one set to go down) and 119+ taming. Not sure of the exact timer (think it is around 40 hours) but I would log in every other morning. Tame a bull and get a GGS gain. Only took one successful tame every other day. I could of tamed bulls nonstop and gotten more gains in between or I could of tamed bulls nonstop and not gotten a gain until the "skill timer" ran out and then gotten a GGS gain. All GGS does is after a "period" of time you will get gain if you pass a skill check.

Does that help at all?

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Ansatsu_MoFo

Ansatsu_MoFo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
You can also gain Valor at the Tokuno champ spawn as well.. Its an easy way to get your Valor back up after you pop a spawn type you don't want to work..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ulfhedinn

Ulfhedinn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
Yeah I getcha, thanks:)I thought it was similar to that but the way it's worded on UO.com is wierd imo. Does it work on any skill your using? Like could I, if I was in the position you were in vepl, and had say 119 provoke and 119 magery, would ggs work on both? Like after 40 hours if I logged on and used provoke I'd gain, would the same go for if I used magery straight after? Thats just me being inquisitive again:) The original question was perfectly explained, thanks:hat48:

Memento Mori

Posted Image

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Short answer. Yes.

Each skill has it's own timer. So you could get one in any or all your skills at the same time (that is as long as all the skills have the same "time" for there timer) .

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Ulfhedinn

Ulfhedinn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Memento Mori

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: die, gain