Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Possibilities for RP without a guild?

- - - - - guild possibilities rp

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Kaila

Kaila

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I would like to add cherry to my little thankyou list

She and decardo helped me get a spot for our future house and although i said ok, show me ooc so i have an idea, they just started rp'ing and it was just as easy as breathing for me to fall into rp with them. have rp xperience about three years. so i am not a total rp newb but still the shard is unknown to me

you two are GREAT ASSET TO EUROPA and i am happy to have met you guys! And i am very much looking forward to some rp with you.

cheers

Kaylee Dunmoore
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It is more a thought, than a spell
A picture in my head that runs through body and soul
Blinding sparks and hell's fire
jump free from my fingertips
to burn everything in my path!

The Mighty Raul

The Mighty Raul

The Crimson Claw

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
Also dont be lulled into thinking Europa has a huge and vibrant RP community. Sure we still have RPers but they are in small pockets here and there on the server. You can go for hours nowadays without seeing a single one too.

These forums (and those at Fagnet) and the people that use them do tend to give the impression our community is as it was 3 years ago :) Anyways have fun.

Decardo Imier

Decardo Imier

Knight of the Balance

• Members
  • 1,328 posts
Its all what you make of it Raul, i admit the RP population is spread thinly but thats not due to just the player base dropping its also due to the fact the landmasses have gotten much bigger.

Theres plenty of RP to be had if you want it. Why do you think i am still here after 9yrs.
Plus there are many new players coming through since KR started, and its up to us to steer them maybe towards RP.

But as you say Raul have fun...and thats what its all about..pkayinga game to have FUN :)
Posted Image

Life is the Dance and Honor, the Dance is Death to those we oppose,
Honor is our salvation.
Without Honor the Dance is meaningless
forms and we are nothing.

Vierna

Vierna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
Hi there Octa. Do not be put off by being blue! Good Role-players will interact with anyone regardless of whether they are “blue” or “orange”. If you are sensible with your character then there should be no problems…and do not be afraid to “interrupt”. I myself have in the past created a new character and remained “blue” until either I have got comfortable with the character or found a suitable niche, i.e. an appropriate guild. Furthermore players in my own guild will never ignore a role-player, simply because they are “blue”.

The best way is to interact and converse. Without that you can end up nowhere. You will be surprised how many times you can get involved with a plot or storyline just by conversing even when blue! Sadly there are some elitist types who will ignore you simply because you are “unguilded”, but do not let them put you off. These type of players are few and tend to be in a small cliché of there own, not worth bothering about anyway and contribute little to the community.

On the point by Raul. Yes there are now quite a lot of people who only use the forums, quick to moan and hanker after the so called “old days” and no longer play. (You including yourself, Raul?) Makes you wonder why they don’t come back and play. Maybe the community could become as vibrant once again if all these people came back and did something instead of bleating and navel gazing.

Posted Image

The Mighty Raul

The Mighty Raul

The Crimson Claw

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
I do still play Vierna, im sure my Vesper guildmates will testify to that, perhaps not as much as i used too. But a missus and sprog tend to spoil my online time :)

And yes Decardo you are right, there is RP to be had (if you know where to look) if you dont, then well err....

But lets not spoil this thread with debate about playerbase numbers.

Dragging this thread back on topic.

Blue RPers are fine and i will respond to anyone who takes the time to RP with me, but what i do dislike intensely is if a blue players starts acting up because he knows i cannot harm him whatsoever.

Jade Bastet

Jade Bastet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Do not forget Marble Island for rp opportunities

Posted Image

Brom

Brom

Introverted Barbarian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
And thus a good tip if you play as a blue, be vulnerable! Take a hit or two, or allow that drunk guardsman to knock you in the mud! Even the strongest warrior can suffer a broken nose at the hands of some drunken lout!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Angst

Angst

Old and Decrepit Guiding Spirit of the Leafsta Survivors

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
Of course, some blues can be experienced rp-ers who are trying something out, created in a spare character slot, dressed in anonymous gear. You soon recognise experienced rp when you see it and such characters can be great fun to interact with.

But for anyone who wants to start out with rp but not join a guild immediately - or even ever - I would suggest that you don't necessarily need to say anything if you are shy about initiating conversation. Just emote. Something like *leans against the wall* or *listens with interest*, or *takes out an apple and starts to eat it*.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: guild, possibilities, rp