Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Possibilities for RP without a guild?

- - - - - guild possibilities rp

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Octa

Octa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Well firstly Hello, first post here heh.

Secondly - I've never RP'd before in UO but as my previous source of roleplay (a WoW guild ) has fallen through I've been thinking about giving it a go here. However from what I've noticed the preferred method of getting people into the roleplay here is 'join guild X' or 'guild Y is great' but I was wondering if it's at all likely to roleplay without going straight for one guild or another.

Basically, I prefer to stay as just myself for awhile, get involved and get to know people etc and if events steer me towards it then join a guild. Well I've tried just walking bout places (particularly vesper/trinsic) to see who's about and obviously those who are around are in the middle of something so not wishing to be rude I leave them alone.. um anyway. Also reading through some of the guild sites/forums it almost seems as if in some cases you need to make a character specifically for that guild with regards skill use etc.

Anyway my basic question is - is it possible for someone to create a character and get involved/rp some without being in one of the guilds? since just wandering around (especially since I'm not going to just interupt someone who is already doing sometihng) doesn't seem to work.

Thaur Macil

Thaur Macil

Norway

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Sure it's possible. The only problem is that it's fairly hard to RP with blues, cause they have what one coul call "god-powers". It means you can't touch them, so if for example you should end up in an argument it would become a emote-war hehe.

Else then that it's no problem to RP as a blue with no guild at all.And for interrupting people who seem busy, well do as I do. Interrupt anyways.. Or try your best to get involved in what they are doing, basically.

But all in all, it's hard playing a blue. You're restricted in what you can do, and people might not involve you as much as they would if you were orange. Atleast that's how I felt it when I played as a blue.

Vordrius (V^S) ‎(17:52):
THAT'S why all my chars have been ********!!! It's because I knew deep down I hated RPers!!!

callumf

callumf

Stalking U

• Members
  • 2,107 posts

Sure it's possible. The only problem is that it's fairly hard to RP with blues, cause they have what one coul call "god-powers". It means you can't touch them, so if for example you should end up in an argument it would become a emote-war hehe.

Else then that it's no problem to RP as a blue with no guild at all.And for interrupting people who seem busy, well do as I do. Interrupt anyways.. Or try your best to get involved in what they are doing, basically.

But all in all, it's hard playing a blue. You're restricted in what you can do, and people might not involve you as much as they would if you were orange. Atleast that's how I felt it when I played as a blue.

Quoted for truth =)

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England

Well firstly Hello, first post here heh.

Hello Octa,and welcome to UOForums.

Basically, I prefer to stay as just myself for awhile, get involved and get to know people etc and if events steer me towards it then join a guild. Well I've tried just walking bout places (particularly vesper/trinsic) to see who's about and obviously those who are around are in the middle of something so not wishing to be rude I leave them alone.. um anyway. Also reading through some of the guild sites/forums it almost seems as if in some cases you need to make a character specifically for that guild with regards skill use etc.

Thats a great way to get used to everyone around those towns/areas,and it also gives folk a chance to get to know you also,so it works both ways.

What Thaur and callumf said,is true.

We have had many a 'thread' disussing how blues [ unguilded folk] are 'ignored' by those 'orange' to each other.[warred/allied]

People will say 'I never ignore blues' but its been proven ,thats not the case.

However I do hope,if that does happen, you will not be put off from still trying.

If ever you come across a 'group' of people,roleplaying,as a stranger IC they may ignore you, so just join in .

Maybe some thing like " I couldnt help overhearing......" orjust ask outright whats happening.

I am sure you will be welcome :)

Anyway I hope you enjoy what ever experiences you embark upon ,and soon feel a part of it all

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Octa

Octa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the response, and it does make sense yes, rather similar to what occured on my WoW server, if you did not have a prgoram for inputting character surnames/appearance descriptions you were practically excluded from rp in general.

Hm, it does seem a bit catch 22 ish unfortunately (though partly my own fault I guess). I'll keep trying, though have to say it doesn't look to bright for me right now. Can't/don't want to join a guild without getting to know people/getting into roleplaying here, but can't get to know people through RP very well if I'm blue, but in order to be orange I have to be in one of the guilds etc

Oh well, will see what happens I guess heh.

Thanks again.

Arius

Arius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
It¨s definitely possible RPing a blue, but as Thaur said, it¨s a lot harder. I personally have no problem whatsoever Rping with blues, but when they start acting all big and bad and start threatening your char that¨s when I get annoyed, as there¨s no chance for anyone to duke it out. As for joining a guild...hmm...I think the best way is to just walk around RPing for awhile, and meet someone you enjoy RPing/talking to IC and OOC...and then join whatever guild they¨re in. Thaur and I for instance have basically always joined the same guild together because we have the same RP style (I¨m far superior though) and...wait, I hate him ooc too....
Thaur Macil ‎(22:29):
There is no such thing as the female orgasm..

Decardo Imier

Decardo Imier

Knight of the Balance

• Members
  • 1,328 posts
Hello there
Firstly let me also add a welcome to you my friend.
Then let me offer you any help you require ..like for example getting some GM gear etc or advice on training etc.

Finally about the blue thing...there used to be a CoRE stone where people who didnt want to be attached to a Guild could be put onto that stone and it would be warred to all the RP Guild. I am not sure if its still going, if its not maybe i should create one again as it was very handy. But maybe that would help so you can get to know other Rpers across our great community.

My own Guild ( The ShadowCourt ) have a small town guild in which are placed any quest characters or townfolk etc. Its called the People of Rhovanion ( PoR ), you would be welcome on that if you wished to be warred ( orange ) to everyone to help with your RP.

If you have any questions pm me or send me an icq 164413512.

I look forward to encountering you in game.
Posted Image

Life is the Dance and Honor, the Dance is Death to those we oppose,
Honor is our salvation.
Without Honor the Dance is meaningless
forms and we are nothing.

Gwen Irima

Gwen Irima

Lost elf

• Members
  • 1,257 posts
  • LocationHolland
Hey there ! Just adding my thoughts on this: It is very much possible to roleplay as a blue, just stick to your role and give people a chance to get to know you as a roleplayer :) Don't feel turned down if on your first night of roleplay you didnt get the expected reaction from people you'd like to see. I roleplayed blue for a very long time and yes it was harder then now when i am Orange, but once people know you it gets easier and then you do not need a guild or need to be orange :)

Happy roleplaying !

Posted Image
-oOo- About Elves -oOo-

Faenwen

Faenwen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hello there,

don't worry to much about that you are blue... you still can have fun and you can role-play.... it might be harder... i understand that you need time to get to know the guilds.... i/we do the same... it takes time to get involved in what is going on .... but it is so much fun...

I want you to know that I have real good experiences playing as a blue... and there are a lot of real nice people out there ... so whenever you see me somewhere ... don't be shy *winks*
ohh .... sorry about my English.... English isn't my native language *grins*
Hope all the role players out there won’t mind when I misunderstand them or don’t understand at all or when I seem to say something completely stupid and weird *G*

have fun

Faenwen

• Decardo Imier likes this

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts

Can't/don't want to join a guild without getting to know people/getting into roleplaying here, but can't get to know people through RP very well if I'm blue, but in order to be orange I have to be in one of the guilds etc

It doesnt mean you cant 'tag' along with a guild and join in their adventures.

Im thinking more of a guild that doesnt pvp as much as pvm.

That way you can go along with them, and they can help keep you healed,and vice versa through the party channel.:)

'where theres a will ,theres a way '

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
Oh and welcome to the Forums Faenwen :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Decardo Imier

Decardo Imier

Knight of the Balance

• Members
  • 1,328 posts

ohh .... sorry about my English.... English isn't my native language *grins*
Faenwen

The English which you and Gath speak is very very good :)
Its been a pleasure Rping with both of you from the first day i met you both with one of my characters when you had just arrived on Europa.
Posted Image

Life is the Dance and Honor, the Dance is Death to those we oppose,
Honor is our salvation.
Without Honor the Dance is meaningless
forms and we are nothing.

Spree

Spree

I ♥ ORKIES !!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
I have RP by myself with non RP people too. People get board doing the same things over and over. If there is some thing new or different they get untested. Things i have done.

Make an Ork build a fort with hides and logs yes you can walk right though it but that isn't the point the point is to draw attention to your self. there are websites that have orkish language just use few key words demand gold cidur, tell them they are trespassing.

Use magery or ninja skills to transform. I have a ferret taliment I ask for nuts, food, or other items. Last time I did this I have few people following me to different banks.

Dress up a jester and sing and tell jokes.

Put out a table and have a bake sale be sure to brim a good supple of table and chairs people will take them.

Set up table and chairs with few friend and have a picnic in front of popular dungeons tell people how brave they are or ask them if they are scared.

The dumbest ideas are some times the funnest ones to do
Posted Image
Ahh. Sorry to misinform. I redirect your questions on all things Stratics to Delilah ~ TizzyL

Jade Bastet

Jade Bastet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
If you are blue the best you can do is to be seen and heard. The community will want to see you about if you are respectful to the role you are playing and to the others around you.

The forums here are so full of events and opportunities for blues to get involved in a mutual respect for the game. Remember to invite some to party chat so you can introduce yourself out of character. So they know what you are about. Sure they will try to recruit you but think of it as a compliment to your skill as an roleplayer.

For many of us, roleplaying is fun and we would like more people who enjoy it to play along too. Have fun and hope to see you about.

Posted Image

Edmund Fairholm

Edmund Fairholm

MoongatesWiki Curator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Lots of good advice already given, I've got really nothing to add. Welcome to Europa.

Posted Image

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
This question reminded me of something way back in the day, when Trammel first came out.

Everyone used to hunt in shame. A lot of people (myself included) were a bit too low level, and would fight by the entrance. If things got too hard, we would run out.

There was a female character that dressed like one of the town guards. She used a halberd and everything. I also think she had hiding, as she would seem to appear from nowhere. I always loved seeing her in there. If someone was about to die, she would pop out of nowhere and yell things the guards used to say and kill the ele for them. If she was too late, she would rez them, help them get back their stuff, and go on her way.

I never saw her anywhere else in the game, but I always got a kick out of that.

Octa

Octa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for all the advice/offer's, I'll keep at it obviously and see how it goes, I guess somethings bound to happen eventually even if I am blue but we'll see.

Thanks again.

Kaila

Kaila

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I am " a blue" also and i play with another player that is IG my brother, so there is a lot of rp together. but others just downright ignored us.

at least in britain.

we started posting in rp forum for europa and i think it will be fun to play our chars with the tasks they have set themselves.

In new haven ppl have been very nice and friendly

Thx to Han, decardo and ulfehdinn um.. Paaiax??? and Tabby your help was just lovely.
out of new haven through the portal players where downright ignorant. Well it was our first day out of new haven, but still that experience put us down a bit, also that we could not rent a little room for us.

where are the chars supposed to sleep? can we buy tents? or do we have to start with a boat so we have at least a little storage.

I used to play on freeshards in Germany,so please forgive if i ask dumb questions, but help would be greatly appreciated

we are not particular about playing IN a guild,but playing with OTHERS, maybe we can arrange a *new to this shard day* where we all sit in an inn of Brit and chat in rp....

cheers

Kaylee Dunmoore

Angst

Angst

Old and Decrepit Guiding Spirit of the Leafsta Survivors

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Thanks for all the advice/offer's, I'll keep at it obviously and see how it goes, I guess somethings bound to happen eventually even if I am blue but we'll see.

Thanks again.

Suggest you come to the Elven Quarter, west of the Trinsic Moongate - The Trinsic Rose 7pm onwards Mon and Fri and to the Free Repairs Hour Wednesday 7-8 pm at the new tree house a couple of tree-houses south of The Trinsic Rose.

My experience there is that no distinction is made between blues and guilded characters. If you are a new customer you will usually be greeted and asked if you want a drink (or at the Free Repairs Hour if you want to have something mended).

I've sent a private pm to you.

Cherry

Cherry

Lady of the Pool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
welcome Kaila and good to hear you are having some positive experiences. Rping without being in a giuld is possible if you know some of the areas where theres lots of rp going on.....as Angst stated the trinsic Rose and Elven quarter is one such area...also there is Trinsic itself - was a lot of activity last night around the Keg and Anchor :) Also theres the Swaggars Inn in vesper - if you want to know where any of these places are pm me and i will be happy to show you :)

also to housing - theres limited storage space in your bank box. But at the moment there is lots of small to medium spaces around where houses can be placed. Iwould happily help you find a place for your characters to sleep and store their belongings :) have recently settled a few other people into new homes :) just drop me a pm or icq me on 161973662

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: guild, possibilities, rp