Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

New types of boats/ships

- - - - - boats or ships types

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

cadethepagan

cadethepagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
Well I did write for a few games westwood did as well as produce a few expansions for Valve and Gearbox software...
Power is not given, it is taken!

cadethepagan

cadethepagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
id like to see a new landmass not actually being land. Instead a town with room for player houseing build upon a sytem of docks. Anyone remember that town build on the ocean in the movie waterworld? I think this town should be rather small about the size of a regualr town with a few spots for player housing as well as plenty of room for player owned boats/boat houses to pull up and anchor next to a dock.

This town should be the center of interest for marine hunting and treasuring. A grand expansion of sunken ship exploring is a must. Instead of pulling up a chest with a few shells and pillows how about being able to purchase addons for your ship one being a pully system and nets. You can locate sunken ships and drop hooks to pull up whatever you may find.

This type of expansion would in its self be small and would add better things to the already current things we have. There would of course be a huge aquarium movement. Fishing would have increased rewards along with increased risk. Big finds no longer require the lone fishermen but instead a ship with a nuatical crew.

But if EA ever considered an expansion like this I think the most valuable would be the new boats along with house boats.

Nok

Nok

Founder/Publisher of GameXbar

• Members
  • 3,217 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
I like it. :)

Posted Image
GameXbar: DAoC - LOTRO - MMO - UO - WAR - WoW

cadethepagan

cadethepagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
sorry for the incorrect spelling and grammer I get excited when I type. usually when I write my short stories and such I have an editer go through since spell check on computers reall dont do well grammer wise.

Cerwin Vega

Cerwin Vega

Legendary Pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
They should do something to make people wanna go to the ocean... we have fishing and sos but most people dont really do them unless their really bored because the reward for spending the time isn't that great. If we had nice boats and ways to war each others boats in tram and if you hit the other boat enough it sinks and cause the boats only cost 10k u could keep waring eachother and no be out tons of cash when u get sunk.... Oh the ideas we can come up with, they would make great annivasery gifts. Oh well who needs fun like that we got tokens over powered items and a wand.

AbbyRose

AbbyRose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
I would love to see something done to help the waters. I love the idea of having ships that actually have a purpose other than for sos and deep sea fishers.

At the very least, semi-customizable ships where you can decide the look, I would love to get a new tiller man or woman. To be frank, I feel that they really neglected the open seas, and they should do something to bring people back to the water.

I remember back when UO first was released, and how boats were such a big investment, and how fun they were. Sailing to places that you could have otherwise never reached, and how fun it was. I would love to see about anything done to bring back adventure to the high seas of UO.

Posted Image

Lady Devika
// Legendary Tamer of Great Lakes

cadethepagan

cadethepagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
good to see another player on great lakes

Nok

Nok

Founder/Publisher of GameXbar

• Members
  • 3,217 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Hi AbbyRose,

I remember back when UO first was released, and how boats were such a big investment, and how fun they were. Sailing to places that you could have otherwise never reached, and how fun it was. I would love to see about anything done to bring back adventure to the high seas of UO.

If you get to Baja sometime... there has been a naval fleet at Marble Island in port there, fairly consistently since the opening of Trammel. Sometimes the navy has sailed to other ports on the shard for in-game and player events. The navy is at MI now for UO's 10th. :)

Posted Image
GameXbar: DAoC - LOTRO - MMO - UO - WAR - WoW

cadethepagan

cadethepagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
thats awsome

Pennywise

Pennywise

Crumbpicker, dat der Renaissance Manz of da Werlds!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
A Greek trieme would b-b-b-be cool. You could go around r-r-r-ramming udder ships.

reason

reason

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I would love to see that down stairs cabin in the boat too , sort of a place to hide from baddies even log off for a few ! As for boat houses , well in Baja , Moonglow you do have the two houses on water out towards cemetry side ! i would love a water house too ! then the two man boat would be good to get in and out the house !

Lady_Emma

Lady_Emma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
sea battles would be great even if it was only arrows. It would be neat if you could take over a boat and keep it "}

Lady_Emma

Lady_Emma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
:Dalso swimming and floating and diving would be neat new uo skills .

Gorthyn

Gorthyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
All these boat ideas are great - But surely the first thing would be for them to somehow fix after all these years the ridiculous jerky movement and daft "moonwalking" on deck as you travel...
Gorthyn
Of The Shadow Court
Posted Image

Ridaran - Elf with attitude

The Warband of Imladris - LOTRO

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: boats or ships, types