Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Austin Town Hall Fun Begins Here!! Day One!!

- - - - - austin begins day fun hall town

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Angelica_3MT

Angelica_3MT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
First and Foremost, I would like to thank UO Radio for all the entertainment they provided for this weekend. and Heather for planning all the events for the Austin meet up. Deadeye and Viceroy definately made sure we were entertained for all three days.

The UO Radio Team!!
Posted Image

No one could put it any better then our own Seige Moderator, Kelmo..... "UO Radio helped to make this one of the most memorable weekends ever. The people from UO that showed up were so passionate about the game." Another Seige player, Tide gave his opinion of the weekend as well. "It was a great weekend and we all had a lot of fun. Even with all the Trammies, we had a blast." Even though he is a Seige/PvP player it was said with no disrespect intended.
The first day there, after meeting up in the hotel lobby, we all headed over to BB Rover's Cafe and Pub. Everyone spent a little time getting to know each other and chat about the game while the UO Radio guys were getting all the equipment set up.

Posted Image

In attendance the first night we had a couple of pretty famous people inside the game of UO. Mayor Ga'kuct and Governor Winfield of PaxLair on the Chessy Shard. They run an entire player run community that is exactly like a real town.

Posted Image

We had a few members of the stratics staff there to hand out bans and warnings lol. Kelmo moderator/player from Seige, Tazar moderator/player from Atlantic, and myself Moderator/LA Shard News Manager/player from Lake Austin.

Posted Image

Also in attendance was Sorceror Kevin - Atlantic, Dragon Slayer - Atlantic, Hotaru-Chan - Sonoma, Hawk and Sharween - Origin, Heather - Great Lakes, Aes Sedai - Napa Valley.

Posted Image

After UO Radio got all their equipment set up, Viceroy and Deadeye started doing their interviews of all the players that were in attendance. Starting with Heather who was the major player in all the events over the weekend. Without her, we only would have had the EA Town Hall. So THANKS BUNCHES HEATHER!!! The team from the radio station recorded all the interviews done with the players which you can listen to here.
You will hear views on KR, interesting facts about UO and the changes from the beginning of the game, information on PaxLair, opinions from people like myself, Kelmo, Sharween and so many more. Be sure to check it out and see if maybe some of your questions about the history of the game are finally answered!
Right before we wrapped up the night to leave and get some sleep, guess who showed up? None other then our own Draconi!

Posted Image

Poor guy never knew what was gonna hit him when he met me lol. That interview was off the record though since it wasn't the actual Town Hall meeting, so be sure to read up on the events that happened at the actual EA Town Hall meeting to hear what he has to say.
All in all it was a very fun and exciting night with lots of conversation, interesting information on the game and actual player's views and lots of beer. Wish you all could have been there and check back shortly for the report on the actual EA Town Hall meeting. We actually got an interview with the original founder/creator of Ultima/Origin Lord British (aka Richard Garriott). There will be a link to hear that interview in its entirety as well.

Angelica Lake Austin Shard News Manager/Moderator

Maharia

Maharia

Citizen of New Dawn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Nice Pictures! It looks like you guys had a blast! *Is SO jealous*

I can't WAIT to read the rest!

Larisa
G&C News Reporter-Stratics
Origin Shard News Reporter-Stratics

(I REALLY need to get my siggy in here lol)

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
Can't wait to read the rest of the report :)

Thanks Angelica.

Sebrina

Sebrina

Legendary Medium

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
Thanks for posting this here, Angelica.
It was a great meeting and celebration of the 10th anniversary for UO!

They can bite me for saying this, but too bad that Stratics decided NOT to be around for this.

There is more to come about this great event and possibly some fallout too. Hmm!

(UO Statics Chessy News Reporter) Sebrina

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Journies!

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Thank you for the write up. Look forward to seeing the rest :)

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Great report Angelica and thank you for posting this here.

I too amd GREEN that you all got to meet and hear Lord British.....*sighs* ...every fanbois dream.

Cant wait to hear it all :)

can you hurry up please....lol... only joking :P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nok

Nok

Founder/Publisher of GameXbar

• Members
  • 3,217 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Great report. :)

Posted Image
GameXbar: DAoC - LOTRO - MMO - UO - WAR - WoW

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks for sharing Angelica :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: austin, begins, day, fun, hall, town