Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

From the Pen of Darkscribe - A Farewell

- - - - - darkscribe farewell pen

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Wow :(
From UO.com/UOHerald

From the Pen of Darkscribe - A Farewell

Aaron Cohen

11 Sep 2007 19:16:32 EST

To The Citizens of Britannia,

It has been my great pleasure and honor to serve you these past years.

Now, with a heavy heart, I must announce that I am moving on to a new adventure, a new challenge that has called me to service.
I have begun work on a currently “unannounced project” with a new EA team and will no longer be the producer of Ultima Online.

I’m turning over the reigns of this magnificent game to Chris Rabideau and my friends at EA Mythic.

You are in good hands.
And while I’ll be leaving you as a member of development team, I’ll be rejoining you as a player.

My house for too long has gone unattended and my red friends outside of Yew gate have for too long gone untested.

I will be back among you soon.
I wish you good fortune and prosperity.

See you in Britannia!

Aaron “Darkscribe” Cohen

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Safe journeys to ya Darkscribe
Best of luck with your new project.

audrey666

audrey666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
Farewell, Darkscribe.

Will this bode well for the game?

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
Farewell and best wishes Darkscribe.

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
Good luck with you new endeavor and we will see ya soon in Britannia ... :)

*we still have cookies for ya!! =)

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
The Fact that EA is reassigning resources off of UO and not replacing them is a bad sign. It means the UO Team has to do more with less.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

kennykilleduo

kennykilleduo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

The Fact that EA is reassigning resources off of UO and not replacing them is a bad sign. It means the UO Team has to do more with less.

Dare I say how there going to spin this one on us, Days are getting Darker for UO , sorry I love the game but it needs 100 shots of adreniline before it can even think of a comeback...

Need I quote: "It's not over til the fat lady sings" , I think shes yoddling...

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
let's see ...

he helped wipe out a few trillian in gold from said dupers ...
he helped wipe out even more than gold from said dupers ...
he helped to bring about a new client (like it or not is not the issue) ...
he helped bring some in game content (Draconi likes to blow things up) ...
he helped initiate the possibilites of a safeguard against cheaters (punkbuster) ...
he helped with the FoF implementation ... ask and answer series ...
he helped deliver the 9th anniversary collection ...
he helped implement the book of truth content and other things like oh yeah ...
remember the cool pumpkins and jack o lanterns, and oh the mean grim reaper ...
he did a lot of things that we may never know about but to classify him as the worst ....
well that is your dreary viewpoint and this is not the place to debate it .. TY

AesSedai

AesSedai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Enjoy the journey Darkscribe.
(I hope I'm reading it wrong and you were still a player while developing UO.)

Hmm.
Well, he is still working at EA - so I guess the company didn't have too many problems with his work on UO.

I've googled Chris a bit and it seems that he has been with Daoc for quite awhile (if not the whole time) in various roles. I wonder if he'll be as talkative as Darkscribe and LadyLu were... aka interact with your community because I'm told it is good for the soul; or at least say hello on uo.com and tell us a bit about your UO vision & how Mythic intends to support & keep improving the grandfather of online games (maybe even mention how a focus of yours will be to clean up UO's image regarding cheating...).

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Some of the comments in this thread were really quite out of line.
Keep your overly negative and rude comments to yourselves, because really, if you'd read the ROC, you'd have realised we don't tolerate such stuff here.

Ulfhedinn

Ulfhedinn

When a problem comes along, you must whip it

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
I don't know who Darkscribe was but I'm sure I've appreciated his work. Hope he does well with whatever else he does. JC, you just inspired me to make a new thread:)

Memento Mori

Posted Image

Glamorous

Glamorous

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
Fair thee well, and I wish you many a fine killing at yew gate!
Posted Image
"Never argue with an idiot, first they drag you down to their level, then they beat you with experiance."

AesSedai

AesSedai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
He made KR a reality. From the big news event about KR & UO, it also seems he secured resources for and helped plot out the future of UO.
Frankly, it is too early to make any declarations about KR; aside from that it is obviously a work in progress. It just might be looked back on as the best thing to happen to UO since .. okay I won't go there because everything that has happened to UO can be loved & hated.

Maharia

Maharia

Citizen of New Dawn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hey Darkscribe...it's Larisa from over at Stratics.

Though I never had the chance to meet you..(WHY didn't you come to the Chicago TownHall?????) I know you did wonderful things for this game and will continue to do them wherever you are going.

It will be an honor to play along side you...even though you may not be on the same shard as me, you will be "one of us" and that's pretty cool.

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Enjoy your new position.

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

kennykilleduo

kennykilleduo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
"I’m turning over the reigns of this magnificent game to Chris Rabideau and my friends at EA Mythic. "

I hope i'm reading to much into this bt does this mean UO is moving 100% to EA mythic , not in California , where CatHat ,Wilki , Draconi work??

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
What do you mean by moving? UO is EA Mythic.

Posted Image

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Well I missed the announcement of this and what ever went on whilst I slept.

Id just like to wish Darkscribe all the best,in what ever he does next.

As for the negative posts/comments,well you know where to post that sort of thing and it isnt here ,kthnx

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Solidchrome

Solidchrome

† Virtual hero- real life geek †

• Members
  • 1,858 posts
Best of luck Darkscribe- hope your new job goes well for you.

Tovladian Soltyr- "..then I saw it was Solid and I was like "Ah ok" because we all know he's not the most complete box of crayons.."

UOForums Need Your Donations- Click Here

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: darkscribe, farewell, pen