Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

KR trial - bad experience

- - - - - bad experience kr trial

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Kaila

Kaila

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Ok, to take the off the title.. i love the graphic - for most part, some items are a little.. eeeh.. fuzzy

I have been playing 2 days - or rather i have started with the trial - and since then my PC is totally acting up, not only have i ig freezes, my whole pc freezes.

Which is very astonishing AND aggravating, cos WoW runs fluent - yeahyeah i am one of those ones

So me uo addicted since years in Europe (not server Europa, which is where i am now, though )- starting to play again and first experience for an UO that i have to PAY for for the first time, am VERY disappointed.

Small voices in the chat suggested that i should take a look at my videocard, which might be one of my problems cos in WoW i see purple stripes or very "edgy frames" in bright purple or dark green. so i am thinking time to get a new graphicscard coming up.

My motherboard is good enough and my ram is 3 GB, so why do i have those freezes ? Not very enjoyable first experience but i want to look past that. i will get a new graphicscard / videocard (um... tech question is that the same or two items? ) soon this month.

So me little frustrated pup runs and buys 9th CE, which is affordable.

Another question, my account runs over KR - so after the Trial do i have to pay for KR ? or no cos it is still in Beta, now that i upgraded.. er actually DOWNgraded. can i upgrade / download KR at any time since my account is registered under KR ? I am a little confused here.

I want to keep my under KR trial made account and play under 9th.. not sure if i made myself clear enough ??

cheers Kaylee Dunmoore (Europa)

Edit :
Ok i tried out 9th and it runs PERFECT, so i do have problems with KR, although i checked allmy backround processes and minimized those amounts.

Maybe i should have kept my KR soi dont have to pay for an upgrade later.. still confused

Frarc

Frarc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
You can alway play KR whenever you want. KR is only a different client. If you can play 2D client you can also play with the KR client.

3 little question to see if i can help with your PC problem.

What kinda video card do you have?

You using Vista?

And is your mother board a AMD Dual Core?

I think your video card might be the problem too.
We are the New Frarc!
Drachenfels News
All news of the current live event : The Awakening in Quest and Event News

Kaila

Kaila

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
What kinda video card do you have?
are you talking graphicscard ? that is a Radeon 300X i think i bought that about 9mos+ ago, time for new one i know.

You using Vista?
yes, unfortunately

And is your mother board a AMD Dual Core?

no idea it says acp something multiprocessor : /

would defragmenting help a bit i really like the slots in my bags... vs chaos in 9th

Frarc

Frarc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
Ok for Vista make sure you have everything installed that comes trough the Windows Auto update.

Also have these 2 hotfixes installed:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940105

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936710
  • Nevaeh likes this
We are the New Frarc!
Drachenfels News
All news of the current live event : The Awakening in Quest and Event News

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bad, experience, kr, trial