Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

The Roleplaying Rules

- - - - - roleplaying rules

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Ulfhedinn

Ulfhedinn

When a problem comes along, you must whip it

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
One of my favourite things about Europa is the amount of Role-Playing that goes on within the community. I recently started an archer and would like to put him into a RP Guild. While I love the fact that Role-Playing Rules have been able to be agreed upon on a shardwide basis I'm a little confusimigated....

When reading the rule's I came across certain thing's you can and can't do in RPvP, which makes perfect sense otherwise RP guild's would be no different than your average PK Guild. But when it comes to the parts about magical item's I'm a little stumped.

If trotting along on your own, hunting wascally wabbits or whatever takes your fancy, are you allowed magical weapons? Obviously it would be a little awkward if a rival guild member decided to attack with his run of the mill halberd and you had a 50% DI Bokuto. But I have a lot of magical items that I'm proud of and wouldn't even consider 'giving up'.

Is this down to the guilds own discretion? Are you allowed to carry items such as a horselord in certain non-town/city based guilds? I'd really like to know before applying for a guild membership for my self proclaimed 'gentleman archer'.

Memento Mori

Posted Image

Decardo Imier

Decardo Imier

Knight of the Balance

• Members
  • 1,328 posts
Almost all RP guilds have signed up to the Roleplay Rules of Engagement plus they have a code of conduct. Both shown below...

General rules

- Stay in character whenever RPing or in a RP area. Keep OOC talk to party/guildchat.

- Do not recall or gate into or out of RP towns or areas.

- Guildtags must be visible at all times.

- No OOC profanity or insulting of other players.

- If there is any complaint, grievance, or other issue with a player or guild, it must be dealt with between the respective GMs.

- Do not force players to PvP, always give alternative options (running away, being taken prisoner, etc). In all cases, ensure players are not AFK or disconnected before attacking.

- If there is an intention to attack a guild?s normal roleplaying area in force, check with any relevant GMs first to ensure that the timing is reasonable.

- All players must carry a yellow bag in which items available for looting or stealing must be kept. In addition to one or more items from this bag, food, drink, gems, and up to 1000 gold coins may be taken per victim.

- If knocked unconscious or killed, do not continue to fight or otherwise take part in any ongoing battles (eg healing others) for 30 minutes, during which time a deathrobe must be worn.* RPing injured (walking and talking) is permitted. Battle may be rejoined with another character only on home territory.

- Player crafted armour & weapons only, but no runics and no special wood items.*

- All quivers except the Quiver of Infinity may be used, but no other magic items are permitted except with single mods of nightsight or luck.*

- In a pre-arranged battle, each guild may field two riders at any one time. These may not be used by ranged attackers. Mounts must be set to guard their owner (ethereals are strongly discouraged but allowed at the discretion of GMs). Once a rider is dismounted in a battle, they may not remount for the duration of that battle. Outside of planned battles, guilds may have up to two riders patrolling their home territory at any time.*

Specific skill limitations

- Conflagration and explosion potions may only be used by a character with at least 70 alchemy skill. Greater conflagration and explosion potions may only be used by GM alchemists.*

- Poisoned weapons may only be used by a character which with at least 70 poisoning skill. Deadly poison may be used if the character has sufficient skill to apply it. This also applies to shuriken.*

- Tamers may not use any pets which take more than one control slot, and may only use two pets at a time. Once a pet has died it may not return to the encounter for 30 minutes.*

- Mages, necromancers and paladins may not use offensive area spells. Mages are restricted to a single summoned creature at a time which may not include a blade spirit, daemon or energy vortex. Necromancers may summon familiars except death adders, and use animate dead but not revenants.*

- Bushido users may not use lightning strike.*

- Archers may not use serpent arrow or lightning special moves.*

- Ninjitsu users may not use giant serpent, bullfrog, ostard, llama, wolf, bake-kitsune, unicorn, or ki-rin forms in combat, unless the character is permanently in that form, eg RPing a guard dog.*

But that does not mean you cant wear magical gear, it just means that you cant engage in player vs player combat whilst wearing the kit. You have to seek alternative means to fighting. Generally though most wear and carry GM gear whenever they are about RP areas. Otherwise when hunting they can use what they like...subject to the Guilds GM. I know some ban magical gear full stop, its all down to the individual guild.
The ShadowCourt ( www.shadowcourt.co.uk )through its Roleplay is known as a group of adventurors who have meddled in many matters and who are known to carry some wierd and alien objects.

I hope this information helps, if you need anything else pm me or reply here and i am sure myself or others will answer any questions you have.
Posted Image

Life is the Dance and Honor, the Dance is Death to those we oppose,
Honor is our salvation.
Without Honor the Dance is meaningless
forms and we are nothing.

Edmund Fairholm

Edmund Fairholm

MoongatesWiki Curator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
More information on the Europa role-playing community can be found at our wiki:
Main Page - MoongatesWiki

There you will also find the RoE, the Rules of Engagement:
http://wiki.moongate...ment_(non-CoRE)

Here is a listing of all active role-playing guilds on Europa:
Europa - MoongatesWiki

The in character weekly newspaper of Europa, reporting from events, scenarios and happenings in-game:
http://www.uoforums....733/#post356733

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: roleplaying, rules