Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

It's been too long

- - - - - long

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
With a heavy heart, Adri slips through the tavern door. Slung over her shoulder are a few wild ducks.

"Hello? Is anyone here? I brought some game, and was wondering if someone could cook it. I am no chef by any means."

Well, I guess I will sit and wait. Perhaps someone will show in time.

Grabbing a bottle of wine from behind the counter, she leaves the ducks on the bar. She takes a seat in the corner, making sure she is facing the door and her back is against the wall. Staring blankly across the room, with eyes unseeing, she muses what has happened lately.

Prizim

Prizim

I am getting too old for this!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
Prizim wanders in... Sees the ducks on the bar and shakes her head. "Adri, you know you shouldn't leave the ducks on the bar.. that is so unsanitary!!"... Going over to the bar she takes the ducks back into the kitchen and starts plucking the feathers and thinks of meals she can make with them... searching the boxes she finds some onions, carrots and potatoes and a few cabbages she starts to make some stew, and thinks she will roast at least one of the ducks....
Posted Image

Thradia

Thradia

*licks*

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
*smiles seeing Prizim cooking*

Finally some decent food around here!

*sits next to Adri*

How have you been good lady?

Posted Image
Posted Image

SpyderBite

SpyderBite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
The Vampire, SpyderBite, appears suddenly from the shadows, "I've been here.. I have only been silent". Bowing gracefully in a flourish of white robes he smiles at the ladies gathered.

Adri

Adri

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
With a smile, Adri watches Prizim fussing over the ducks, and pushes the wine to Thradia.

"It's just been a long time between rests, M'Lady. I love the wilds, but it can grow lonely with nothing but the occasional orc camp to break up. I've missed the tavern, and the civil speech of good folk."

With a grin, she turns to Spyder. "I'd offer you a drink, M'Lord, except wine is all I will offer."

Prizim

Prizim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
Remembering where Thradia got the last bottle of blood for spider, she wipes the duck feathers from her hands and walks over and grabs a bottle for Spyder and tosses it to him... she returns to the fires and stirs the stew...raises the cooking vessel higher so it only simmers... pulls the roasted duck from the oven and knowing too well that the other ladies present are hungry gives them each a small bowl of the stew, and carves up a few pieces of duck for each of them... and as a nice surprise she has been secretly cooking up apple tarts for the wandering souls that may land at the Inn.
Posted Image

Adri

Adri

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
Eyeing the bottle of blood, Adri wonders who the luckless donor happened to be. She sniffs the tarts appreciatively, and settles into her meal.

"Ah, all the comforts of home... yet with none of the responsibilities!" She says with a chuckle.

Prizim

Prizim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
"The blood was stock that Thradia had... but we are running low and I for one am not going to restock it... I believe that is Thradia's job... I hope you enjoy the meal... it feels good to be cooking again for people who appreciate the effort put forth... and I believe Dragonreborn is responsible for cleaning up after us" Prizim settles in and decides to enjoy the duck and apple tarts and grabs some wine and waits to see who else will join our gang at the Inn.
  • Shryke likes this
Posted Image

Jomo

Jomo

always tring to help someone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
*Loud knock on door*

Jomo the Dwarf pushes the door open and walks into the inn, shaking himself as he walks to help remove the rain his cloths were absorbing.

"Evening all. Does it ever do anything here but rain?"
  • Shryke likes this
Respect everyone

Adri

Adri

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
"Why certainly, M'lord.... sometimes it snows."

With a full stomach, she starts to relax a bit.
  • Shryke likes this

Shryke

Shryke

The Vulgate Cycle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
The sound of an approoaching horse grows steady from outside. The noise increases to almost the sound of the thunder from the storm. Suddenly the clamor stops and metal footsteps are heard approaching the inn. The door swing wide and a figure dressed in red leather and dirtied armor emerges from the shadows. Smelling of wet leather and blood the man steps to the bar not saying a word. Opening a small pouch he retrieves a few gold coins and lays them on the bar. "Some food please and grain for my mount".

Prizim

Prizim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
Prizim gets up from her cozy little spot and gets Shryke some of the roasted duck and potatoes.... Pulls some fresh apple tarts from the fire, and searches for the grain she knows Thradia has stored somewhere in the Inn... "You may want to wash up first M'lord, for the vampire Spyderbite is lurking within and sometimes he can not help himself when he smells blood"..
Posted Image

Shryke

Shryke

The Vulgate Cycle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
"Tis a good idea" he says not looking up. "I still have the foul stench of that beast and the smell of sulphur still burns my nostrils". Walking over to basin in the corner Shryke keeps a hand on the hilt of his sword and a wary eye for anyone hiding in the shadows. Removing his breast plate he notices a wound that he was unaware of. Looking over his shoulder he quickly bandages the wound and washes the offensive odors away.

Snowy

Snowy

Pretty Nice Disguise, isn't it?

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
*Snowy slips quietly into the cozy room, sniffing appreciatively the fragrant stew, she brushes rain droplets from her White Feathered cloak and sits, not too close to the fire. She looks around at the gathering by the bar and, satisfied as to the location of all ... wait... who's there in the shadows... *

*Blink* "Hail to the fine company on such a miserable evening. I would have sworn someone was sitting in that far corner... Must have been a flickering from the light, Else these old eyes are finally playing me tricks. "

*She sighs wearily as she removes her Owl Helm and pulls a silver flask from under the feathered cloak, then, not offering to share, takes a small sip.*

"Believe me, you wouldn't want any of this. Purely medicinal to counteract the damage done by the storm. Owls don't enjoy being wet, you know." *leans back and closes deep green eyes*

"Jomo, I smell your pipe... I know that's you over in the corner. Glad you could make it." *smile*

~

"It's definitely a Bubble Bath Day.". ~ Dove Promise

~

Prizim

Prizim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
Prizim notices Shryke bandaging the wound, and realizing that it is way too deep for the bandage to do any good. She looks around her pack knowing that she has a needle and some thread somewhere in the mess. Walking over she gently takes his hand and sits him down in the chair. "M'Lord I see you are brave, but you must be smart about your wounds, let me clean that up and get it stitched, a meager bandage will not do the job." She carefully cleans the wound and starts to sew up it wondering which of the foul beast in the woods did the damage this time, for she can see the many scars on his chest and arms and can only imagine that there must be more for she has her own battle wounds and knows the stories behind each.
Posted Image

Shryke

Shryke

The Vulgate Cycle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
With a surprising gentleness Prizm efficiently seals the wound "Thank you M'Lady you have been too kind." After Prizm bandages the wound Shryke finally realizes his extreme hunger and digs into the wonderful smelling food.

The coziness of the inn and good food relaxes Shryke and he begins to finally take closer notice of the occupants. He notices a dwarf sitting quietly in the corner smoking his pipe. he does not know him but his face and axe looks familiar. The four women are of rare beauty and he nods to Adri and Thradia chatting to each other. Thradia throws here head back and laughs out loud her flowing hair adorned with small flowers. Adri glances over at Shryke and nods back obvious a woman that can take care of herself. Prizm’s eyes are lit by the fire and candles in the room but her face seems to constantly be in the shadows bringing a mystery about her. Snowy seems to have a brilliance about her even on such a dreary eve. He still has not quite seen or heard SpyderBite in the tavern but has felt his presence.

Adri

Adri

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
Hm, that's a new face. Surely there is a story behind it.
Picking up a new bottle of wine, Adri walks over and sits next to the stranger. Keeping a safe distance, she pushes the wine over to him.

"Hail, M'Lord. I'm Adri. I don't believe I have had the pleasure yet?"

Shryke

Shryke

The Vulgate Cycle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
“My name is Shryke I come from the lands north of here” he eyes the bottle then pours some into a tankard. “I have been summoned by a good friend to help rid this land of a scourge”. Looking around so that all may here. “I fight along side of many a type in your lands looking for the One” the liquid warms him inside as he drinks. “I may need to rest here for the eve” The liquid loosens his tongue as he continues. “This must have been a beautiful land before these vermin left their mark on it”. “It reminds me much of my home. He sighs deeply. “It’s been too long since I gazed upon the beautiful valley of my home” He sits back in him chair and asks “Where do you hail from Adri?”

Adri

Adri

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
Avoiding Shryke's eyes, Adri looks at the fire burning.

"My home now is the forests and fields. My pets are my constant companions, but I do get lonesome for the sounds of speech at times."

She contemplates the fire with a small frown and a sigh.

Snowy

Snowy

Pretty Nice Disguise, isn't it?

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
*Snowy turns to the fire, heedless now of the possiblity of scorching her feathers...a diamond teardrop in the corner of one eye... she quickly shakes it away, humming a quiet tune to herself as she continues to watch the flames.*

~

"It's definitely a Bubble Bath Day.". ~ Dove Promise

~

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: long