Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Custom UI Walkthrough: 'Classic' Paperdoll

- - - - - classic custom paperdoll ui walkthrough

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
source UO U.Hall

Gildar has been keeping busy. Here is the latest project to be worked on.

--------

Ok... I've decided on what interface my walkthrough is going to use - a "Classic" Paperdoll type UI.
It's going to tweak the Paperdoll to have menu buttons, remove the menu from the bottom of the screen, and make it look more like the classic Paperdoll (but still have the object slots).

One thing, however, that would speed things up for me... is if a nice artist would take the original paperdoll images and adjust them to fit the new menu, object slots, and clothing/armor/profile tabs... drawing up one set of images that could be used for textures, and one that combines those textures to show how they all fit together.
Writing up a walkthrough for this process would be nice as well. Full credit will be given in the walkthrough, or I can simply say that the images were provided anonymously if no credit is desired.

--------

... 7 pages into the walkthrough... and still no visible progress for the skin...
I've got a feeling this is going to be more annoying to read than it is to write.
Before I go too much farther... I'm going to put what I've written so far
here to see if I should even bother going any farther.

Please let me know if you think that continuing in this fashion would be helpful to you (before you're too brutal, please keep in mind that this is a very very early draft).

[Ive copied the walk through to here in case anyone has a problem with Gildar's link....tabby]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think this is a good format. If you were to include some pictures where appropriate, this will be a fairly easy to follow guide. It might also be nice to include line numbers and xml code coloring. That way people reading can more easily see what is code vs what is explanation.

This is a great start. I'll be happy to help with whatever I can.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't stop now Gildar - I guarantee this will help a lot of people for a long time to come. Perhaps a statue will be constructed in your honor somewhere in Britannia. Seriously, it's very good so far and would be a big help.

I appreciate your efforts!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Many thanks to Gildar for all the hard work in doing these UI's for the community.no pics as yet ,but watch this space :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sahra Swift

Sahra Swift

UO Stratics Catskills Reporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
16 pages now done, still much left to do.
Walkthrough PDF
Texture file
Posted Image

Posted Image

Sahra Swift, UO Stratics Catskills Reporter (AKA Gildar and Illandril)

Interested in KR UI customization? Check out KR Modders Exchange and UOSkins.com

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
Bunches of Mahalo Cookies Sahra for sharing all your hard work :icon_thumright:

Spree

Spree

I ♥ ORKIES !!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
It looks cool is there away to just click install?
Posted Image
Ahh. Sorry to misinform. I redirect your questions on all things Stratics to Delilah ~ TizzyL

Sahra Swift

Sahra Swift

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
Currently? No, but it's not finished yet. When I finish this walkthrough, there will be a zip of the final product though (actually, I'll probably have that done before I finalize the walkthrough).

Posted Image

Interested in KR UI customization? Check out KR Modders Exchange and UOSkins.com

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
Amazing stuff Sahra,and many thanks for allowing me to post your great work over here for our members too.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Great work! I look forward to seeing the finished product.

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Solidchrome

Solidchrome

† Virtual hero- real life geek †

• Members
  • 1,858 posts
Isnt this a step backward?

*sits back with some popcorn to watch the show*

Tovladian Soltyr- "..then I saw it was Solid and I was like "Ah ok" because we all know he's not the most complete box of crayons.."

UOForums Need Your Donations- Click Here

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts

Not really,its a way for UO players to keep the 'classic' look and feel of UO.

I for one will definately be more encouraged to use the new UI once this can be done :) [ IF I ever can get it to run as smooth as 2d :P]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sahra Swift

Sahra Swift

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

No, it's a step forward. It keeps the functionality of the KR paperdoll, while adjusting the feel of it to match what people are more used to. The goal is to take the good parts of both sides, and combine it.

A generic looking interface isn't what makes KR good, it's an unfortunate side-effect of making KR be ready more quickly, and the lack of being able to know exactly what the players actually want. The benefit of KR is all the added features in the client and the 3d capabilities, and I'm not removing any of that with any of my "Classic" skins.

Posted Image

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hmm that looks cool, good job Sahra.

And...

*smack*

Solidchrome

Solidchrome

† Virtual hero- real life geek †

• Members
  • 1,858 posts
:new_popcornsmiley: :new_rofl:

Tovladian Soltyr- "..then I saw it was Solid and I was like "Ah ok" because we all know he's not the most complete box of crayons.."

UOForums Need Your Donations- Click Here

Kurgan

Kurgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Adam:

:XXfridge:

http://builder.thelostlands.com

House Builder Website in Link above.

Email me those designs victorkrugar@gmail.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: classic, custom, paperdoll, ui, walkthrough