Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Do you feel EA is listening to you?

- - - - - ea feel listening

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts

It does seem like they'll throw you in jail or ban you a hell of a lot quicker than help you with any legit request, doesn't it?

Pretty much the same mentality at that strategy and tactics web site UO is so fond of.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

Pretty much the same mentality at that strategy and tactics web site UO is so fond of.

Good point, I wonder which is the chicken and which is the egg.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

OneBoredEMT

OneBoredEMT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
Im indifferent, mainly because I have been told how lacking the support is so I avoid it like the plague. I dont know how much attention they pay to boards so Im not sure if the changes are made from that or people trying to contact them directly. I never really had much of a complaint untill now with the whole BOS deal. I think they went a bit overboard on the change. Most of the time if I have a problem or a question I look on here or stratics for an answer. I hate having to call GM's and the few times I have it took forever but they were atleast polite even if they couldnt help me. I'd hate to see this game die out, its not all about grinding skills, farming resources/gold for me, its about having fun with friends and family but some of the changes have made it not as fun and that giant blue beetle that replaced my BOS doesnt match my armor! :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pennywise

Pennywise

Crumbpicker, dat der Renaissance Manz of da Werlds!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Im indifferent, mainly because I have been told how lacking the support is so I avoid it like the plague. I dont know how much attention they pay to boards...I hate having to call GM's and the few times I have it took forever but they were atleast polite even if they couldnt help me. I'd hate to see this game die out, its not all about grinding skills, farming resources/gold for me, its about having fun with friends and family but some of the changes have made it not as fun and that giant blue beetle that replaced my BOS doesnt match my armor! :(

Well, said. It is about having fun. I only discovered gaming late in life, from my daughters, and that one game I play is UO. I don't think I would play anything else once it died out. I might take the time on Friday nights or early Saturday mornings when I do play and write, walk, or travel the world some more once again.

There is something about the world of UO, that to me, stops me once or twice a week to sign in and raise havoc while riding naked if I want, all in another world. It's a nice escape, and produces sweet endorphines. Its better than drinking, afterall. Then again, for some, you can do both.

As for the GM's. They do listen to us. Remember, however, they are working in a corporate environment in which they want to sympathize with all the thousands of posts, help summons, and emails they receive, but then, when they turn their chair around and see the look of a stern corporate accountant assessing their workplace efficacy, reality sets in quite heavily and rapidly like the fog of death from a Stephen King novel.

I try not to bother them much at all. I like to tweak the game a bit, and know once in awhile they might be watching me do it, but it's all in fun, and I think they know that.

I am glad they are there doing what they do for us to have fun.

And for those of us who are investors and business people that play, make money for us as well.

So m-m-m-much for rational th-th-thought. Back to my UO p-p-persona. *winks*

Pestilence

Pestilence

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I voted NO.

Simple...i believe this all started with AOS. (when they nerfed all my beautiful drag scale armor!!) Trying to compete with another game (WoW) at the time got this ball rolling. I love UO. I am not here for the game play as much as for the people. I was always told...If it aint broke dont fix it. UO has a soul and a vibe all to itself. Bring me a smith shop in brit that is full of crafters again and bring real skill back to playing, rather than trying to give me catchy items that i cant get in doom (to this day nothing from doom....cept dead) all the expansions have really not enticed me...I still prefer fel and tram and ilish to the others and tbh i still have only been to tokuno to get my runie. Instant gratification will not serve anything except greed and...hell i worked hard to try to finish one character in almost 6 years. (now i have 2) lol If it is all about $$ then let the game be the way we want it and let it BE. You cant buy me EA....I am already an addict...Yur messin up my high! I already have paid through time and erm torment tryna train poisonin!! Lastly......Please bring back the Silver Steeds!!!!! tyvm...i hope someone is listening even if it is not EA/Mythic. *crawls back in her hole*

Macdaddy

Macdaddy

Trustworthy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
I also had to vote no..

I have to ask what is uo anyways? Is it just killing things and people?
When I first started playing it was not for that but for the friends and things I myself or with others did and made happen. I at times could see my personality in the char and wanted much for him as in life I want stuff.... this game has so much to give but many dont understand the real game here. I use to see a game that things would happend and you would have to put your self into it and make the proper or unproper changes.

Why is there no new grafics as in swiming and such making the game more than just this or that but under water places and realms and things making the lets say like the hords have like king orc or something that gm works with making plans to raid and do things making changes all the time with the game? what happened to times where you would see people being draged to jail and ingame things like this " one time went to the jewler and he had something stolen your job was to look for guy with this or that in brit... when found him and asked him about it he then started to kill you and then quest started and things.

sorry I rant and rave but uo could be better than any game! That is why they could be spend money making the game the best and you would have older player and such come back.... Most times now they do stuff with no Idea how to finish it and it is like a good thing you waited for just to be disapointed :(

I wish in this new year they would listen and do more thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

UOGuy...

UOGuy...

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
[quote name='Xavier_Arcanus']Everyone DOES have a chance at them. Just because they increased the rarity of the colored ore/wood doesn't mean that you can't get it period. Games like these have always been about who is willing to invest more time to get better stuff. [/QUOTE]

Dude, my interest in a Game goes down... as the Odds of Failure go up... To put it in simple terms, does NOT change the fact I have better Odds playing the State Lottery...

[quote name='Xavier_Arcanus'] If you invest in BOD collecting(scripters aside), then you can get BRK and make awesome armor./QUOTE]

Dude, you are joking, right? I played UO maybe 2hrs a day, 5 days a week at my High point... and I quit doing BoDs like 3 yrs ago, the Odds are so long... Of course I was doing smith BoDs, and they defenitly have far longer Odds than Tailoring, smiths have 3 times as many BoDs... Now that I can't gather enough resources in the same given time, to even turn a BoD in for another... and even IF I did hit the Lottery, I now have only 45 uses of another freaking lottery system, AoS Odds...

[quote name='Xavier_Arcanus']If we follow the same logic that you're displaying, then gathering wood would no longer require lumberjacking, same with ore and mining. Everyone would get a valorite runic hammer or BRK whenever they pleased, so that it could be balanced.[/QUOTE]

Not at all, But I wouldn't mind seeing color spawns on NPCs that offer wood/ore either... If there was a Random spawn of 10 logs for 35k, at a Random timer each time, to foul scripting... and with our existing system, where if sold out, it respawns at double quantity/pricing, to max of say 100 logs... That to me would be a nice "Gold sink" to drain away some gold... after all the logs ARE consumable, I don't care what additions to crafting, I will always "Burn" alot of material trying.... This would have a two fold effect, and cause some competition with scripting players selling mass resources....

[quote name='Xavier_Arcanus']Regardless, we're discussing the merits of the change itself, versus the way it was implemented. My original point is that if their intention is to create a rarity in the higher end colored materials, then they released it exactly as they should. They can't tell the playerbase that they want to make certain items rare weeks before they intend to publish the change, or else stockpiling will occur, which would totally defeat the purpose of the change in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Dude, stockpiling was going on long before this change... The Problem realy IS, nothing ever wears out and breaks, needing replacing... Breakage was eliminated in favor of Rarity... I agree, if New items were intoduced requiring rare materials to craft, having a surplus of those materials give the players an edge... But only until the materials are Burned up, trying to make the New craftable... and Again its sounds too simple, like I can just walk out and do it... I predict another Lottery is on the ways...

and we WERE talking about IF EA/Mythic realy listens to US, the players who pay a membership fee to play... I still have to say NO, they don't listen to us... not even alittle... Doesn't make much differance, I've become a Full time WoW player, and accomplish much more in 2hrs of play, than I would ever, playing UO for 10 straight hrs....

Guess what? WoW has a Rarity system too, but their system makes sence... and its pretty straight forward and simple... Lots of in-game Tells...

reason

reason

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Theres room for change in UO all over , but really often people tend to come out with rediculous things to change UO has to satisfy so many would be normal that some would be left out , all we can do is make the suggestion and hope its a hit with them , and possible to do !

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
I vote YES.

GRI (catskills) started a Magik Academy...

Devs changed the name of the Inn in Haven to our Guild name and visited us every 15 days (wednesdays)... and placed a new item at the bank plaza (that will allow donations and Haven improvement)...

Everytime we ask something from the devs, we get a reply...

Maybe training ALL(over 95%) the newcomers that came to Haven made this happen... so stop asking what the Devs can do for you... and think about what you can do for UO. =)

Shifter

Shifter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

*randomly wanders into the thread a week or two after the big discussion*

A situation such as this has always been somewhat conflicting to me. On one hand, I want a dev team with enough smarts and conviction to build a new game... despite the player base (and if they're good, the game will reflect it). That's why when I see the dev team grow a pair and implement something as bold as random resources, I sit back and consider it, possibly even defend it (and I did, though I have mixed feelings about it) because hey, they might be going somewhere with it.

On the other hand, I want the entire dev team to listen to me because I am right about everything. It's just the darn truth. My ideas, my views and my philosophy is never "me, me, me"; I will toss down my arms, the house that I owned (it was a nice house, trust me), all my gold and virtual possessions, and endure the beating of a thousand mongbats to see the true glory of Ultima come to fruition.

On another note, Jeremy if by some unusual chance you read this, I hope you understand that this game has in fact declined over the years; charts are nice and all, but to take a stroll through some of the shards themselves is to really feel the frustration of knowing that your "virtual home" has been obliterated, and by what? Bad game design, pure and simple. We all know it, and we know in our hearts that devs shouldn't listen to players (since they might listen to incorrect players), but what if devs are incorrect? Tricky tricky...

I have not played in two years after the game running me off, but I think this post is dead on.

lklovelykiki24

lklovelykiki24

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

I vote YES.

so stop asking what the Devs can do for you... and think about what you can do for UO. =)

Please are you serious :P

If it was a free game and player run I could see how that would work but we "Pay Money!" every month to play this game, the least those GMs could do is answer some of our questions its not like we ask for help every five minutes. I have asked for in game help from them 2 times in 2007 and had absolutely no help from them they referred me to a web page that had no answers on it. Why do you think I found UO Forums because I was looking for answers as a matter of fact if UO Forums asked for a monthly fee I would pay it gladly because seriously they have given me more in game help for UO than any GM has ever given me. Yeah! you and a coupled of you guild members might be the GM's pets but that doesn't go for all of us in UO.

merth

merth

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
well said KIKI and there is a donate link at top of page :) :) :)

kennykilleduo

kennykilleduo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
No we pay to play , they make it look like there trying to fix and make our game better...:5badair:

Tukaram

Tukaram

Old & grouchy

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
Obviously they don't listen, or even ask questions for that matter. I just canceled a 10 year old account and had no kind of exit survey at all.

I canceled an 8 month old City of Heroes account and got a huge exit survey asking tons of questions. But I've said for a long time that EA and EA/Mythic can learn a LOT from NCSoft about customer service!

Tuka :cool:

Posted Image

Kinsmen are born. Friendship is a gift of the gods.

abracadabra

abracadabra

Mindless Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Last winter I would have said no, they don't listen and they don't care. Today, I believe there are finally some good changes to the game, and maybe even more to come. The initial petball changes were appalling, and EAMythic took our disdain to heart, with a fair compromise. I had posted in the "If I could change something" forum here regarding IDOC changes in Trammel, and e-mailed Jeremy also regarding this issue. Now it seems like some of those problems are being addressed. I had months of not being able to obtain a fiend scroll for one of my spellweavers. This too has recently been fixed. Some of the exploits are also on the action list of late, yielding burning effigy traitors in the UO world. Finally, I can say yes, I hope for a brighter future in a game that for a long time was festering with old wounds. The new bandages look good indeed.
Posted Image

Littleblue

Littleblue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Excellent post, abracadabra. :)

Pretty much sums up what I would have to say. *nods*

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
I am starting to think that they hear the players, but the only thing they hear coming out is *cha-ching*

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Arne Kimmer

Arne Kimmer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Among our babbling, they particularly concentrate on hearing the word "Money! Money ! I pay money !". As for the rest, I can easily bet my masculinity that they don`t give a `%&# about it.

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
*nods*

That too, as long as they get paid.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ea, feel, listening