Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Do you feel EA is listening to you?

- - - - - ea feel listening

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

UOGuy...

UOGuy...

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

I don't think that graph is accurate
Trammel didn't come out in 2002/2003, it came out (from memory) in late 1999?

hehe... I'm sure its not accurate, but my memory is failing(when I added labels)... all I can remember of those days was "statloss" was tried first.... When it didn't do the job, Trammel was born... and I'm pretty dang sure AoS came afterwards...
Its just an example of "which way the wind is blowing"... heres the link so you can see what all the games are doing:http://mmogdata.voig.com/

So, what I'm gathering from this thread is mostly about us not *acting* in a way that shows that we're listening to you. Is that the biggest concern?

Yes, basicly... Personnelly I would rather hear or see whats planned for the future before work begins... Kinda hard in your field, but yes... Don't announce things being on TC, without even mentioning it to the players... I thought that was what "in consept" was all about....
The Dev team at the time where color ores came into play (color woods came later, ML I think) pretty much "Garrenteed" that the color spots "would not be random" and always be known places to get color ores... We would have to adventure around to find them...
and This Dev team thinks completely opposite....
After 10years I just don't get it... Please look to see which way the wind is blowing....

Xavier_Arcanus

Xavier_Arcanus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Just look at the way the resource change was handled. Now wether you agree with it or not. Its implementation left something to be desired. It was announced one day, placed on test center the next day, and the day after it went live to all shards.

The only thing I'll say about this is that if they had announced it very much ahead of time, there would have been a massive effort by the players to build up a stockpile of the rare materials. I don't think they could have made a change like that otherwise.

Whether or not I agree with the change is immaterial, but I do know why they implemented it the way they did.

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Welcome to UO Forums Xavier_Arcanus :)

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Once upon a time there wasnt just Stractics as a forum for UO folks to go talk, EA had their own, UOVault, Cross Roads of Brittannia existed...

Once upon a time the developers did go to the forums and talk about UO, they would share things they were thinking about, things they would like to look into doing... they also posted things in a place on the UO site itself called "IN CONCEPT"

But guess what the players did in general and still do if a developer makes the mistake of saying anything on the forums about UO...

It became and becomes.. EA PROMISED!!! doesnt matter or didnt matter how many times it was stated that it was just a thought, they were just looking into it, just thinking about it ect ect... many players CLAIMED or SAW that EA had promised to do ect ect...and then all you see posted is EA broke their promise, they are liars yada yada...

How pray tell can a company do what lets say 75,000 subscribers want? how can they please ever single one of us? they cant....

The only listening part they do not seem to do is in dealing with bugs and glitches pointed out on the test shard when new additions are put there.... but then most should know that the developers do not call the shots in when anything is to be made live ... thats EA and its nothing new with them, they have been that way since the very first alpha and beta of UO... like it shouldnt be a surprise to anyone...

Personally if I was the developers and I was reading half the crap thats posted on stractics UHall I wouldnt respond and there is things they dont need to nor can respond with nothing more than we are aware and dealing with it and then they still get BS out of too many players... that one thread that was about cheating and EA not saying anything was pure childish temper tantrum crap...

Its EAs game and they have the right to do what they want and the subscribers have the choice of dealing with it or not via stop paying or to continue to pay....

I have enough sense to know they can not make the game to fit everyones playstyle nor view nor taste... its insane for folks to think EA can....

I have enough sense to know they will not say what they are doing about the cheating... like not organization that deals with such will say publically what they are doing to combat it ....

You show your trust in keep paying or you show you dont trust in not paying... that speaks more than the constant babble on a forum..

Heck why should EA listen to what the players say on forums? besides the above bit on the THEY PROMISED.. we also have seen the player base, the vocal part chant about how UO is too ITEM based, how its ruined the game, ruined pvp ect yet when EA comes up with two ways to limit the effects of the itemness the forums exploded with folks having cows about their uber items being ruined... being no good... too often the vocal base claims one thing yet let action be taken on it they then scream bloody murder over it...

The players have taught EA (the developers) not to listen...

EA has changed alot in the game, many things I dont like yet there is just as much I do like and I focus on what I do and leave what I dont for those that do... after all UO was not created just for me.....

Airmid

Airmid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

So, what I'm gathering from this thread is mostly about us not *acting* in a way that shows that we're listening to you. Is that the biggest concern?

What I will say:
I think yes that is a big concern if not the biggest concern and would really show the community that you are not only listening but implementing the positive building community experience that happens when our concerns are brought to fruition in the game we love.

[deletes what I almost said...]
/being generally mean. sorry.

Zen me baby.:XXhippylove:
  • Vepl likes this
Posted Image

Chrono

Chrono

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
EA isn't listening to me in paticular - i've been wanting more events, events for everyone, ones which include newer/inexperienced players. That and more visible GMs.

Maybe they are listening, but not doing what I ask I suppose, and why should they if i'm one person, but it is irritating nontheless.

So - No I don't think so, but I wouldn't expect them to on the things I request tbh

UOGuy...

UOGuy...

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

if they had announced it very much ahead of time, there would have been a massive effort by the players to build up a stockpile of the rare materials.

Ya, and so what? What are you ppl afraid of?
What is EA/Mythic afraid of? Players succeeding? and having Fun...
So what if each and every player had a 60k stack of each resource... Who does that hurt? the Economy, no one needs to buy anything? I would guess it would only hurt ppl selling resources, at appalling prices I will say... the rarer the item, the more cash it sells for in rl....
and I would like to know if any EA/Mythic rep is interested in this descussion... would be nice if they startd a "sticky" somewhere....

Xavier_Arcanus

Xavier_Arcanus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Ya, and so what? What are you ppl afraid of?
What is EA/Mythic afraid of? Players succeeding? and having Fun...
So what if each and every player had a 60k stack of each resource... Who does that hurt? the Economy, no one needs to buy anything? I would guess it would only hurt ppl selling resources, at appalling prices I will say... the rarer the item, the more cash it sells for in rl....
and I would like to know if any EA/Mythic rep is interested in this descussion... would be nice if they startd a "sticky" somewhere....

Because, according to one of their recent townhalls, they are planning on making rare resources more meaningful. If people were able to stockpile, any extra abilities they give rare resources will be mostly useless, since everyone would have them and it wouldn't be rare.

DENNAR

DENNAR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I guess your right my post on stratics asking what is being done about cheating is nothing more than a childish temper tantrum.

I guess my concerns about UO and the future it holds are all part of a tantrum. The tons of people posting agreement with my post were also having temper tantrums.

But since you recently posted somewhere that you just returned to UO I do not expect you to be aware of just how bad cheating has effected UO. Maybe you were not here to see the thousands of Dupped high end items, or reading about the Trillion gold deleted. Maybe you are not around to see the scripters working. Have you paged a GM since your return?

Players went around and found a few scripting stations. They paged and paged and paged and nothing was done. Then by posting on stratics and reposting and not giving up even after threads were locked and moved did the operations end. We still dont know if the scripters pulled out because they had been exposed or if EA actually did something.

If EA did something it was only because people were throwing temper tantrums on stratics. Because pages to GM's went unnoticed for weeks.

So if by your standards I am throwing a temper tantrum and it helps to get cheating addressed in UO than I will continue throwing temper tantrums.

I will also add that I do not blame Jeremy. Before all of this I had the pleasure of working with Jeremy on a believed cheating operation. I tried to deal with GM's and got nowhere. A friend was able to contact someone at EA and Jeremy finally contacted . Within a few days the operation seemed to have been shut down. I give the credit to Jeremy. But again the GM team proved to be useless.

But maybe I should take your advice and stop having a tantrum and let things go unchecked.

Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

I guess your right my post on stratics asking what is being done about cheating is nothing more than a childish temper tantrum.

When one keeps bashing anyone over something they can not speak about is childish... no one no matter what they claim to do in real life has a clue what goes on behind the scenes nor what is actually involved in the coding and what can be done to stop the scripts or what ever the cheating is about...

Logic doesnt apply all the time.. what we may see as a simple thing to deal with may not be that simple...

We the subscribers have pointed out a problem in our eyes... and thats all there needs to be said...

We do not have a clue about anything dealing with how UO actually works and what the developers can actually do in a flash... the GMs can only do so much...

would Jeremy replying every third post make any difference? will that speed up EA in figuring out what to do long term? will that resolve all the problems?

You read the thread in question and you have a ton of crap said that no one posting has a clue about... Have not seen any of the supposed programers come up with proof they have worked on UO or have a clue how it actually works...

So yes the majority of the thread is just childish trantrums because EA will not give everyone a cookie

kennykilleduo

kennykilleduo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
I cant wait to see if theres a Dev reply , Ohh wait Stratics still down , Jeremy still on vacation(as related to a dennar post on stratics)..:?

FrejaSP

FrejaSP

Lonely Vampire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I feel EA do listen but they had changed road. In the past, we had seen mega damage to the game because EA did listen to the ones who want everything easy.
It seem like they now put the healthy of the game before the whiners.
I believe they are on the right road now and should ignore all the me me, I want whiners who only think of them self and how many RL money they can make from UO.

audrey666

audrey666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
Jeremy has already replied to this thread.

Reading the whole thread : Priceless

FrejaSP

FrejaSP

Lonely Vampire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Dude, AoS that POS was just the beggining of the end for UO...

That graph tags are wrong, stat loss was added the summer 1998 and Trammel was year 2000

kennykilleduo

kennykilleduo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

It's not you as a person it's EA's attitude towards UO , yea sure 10 years is great , graphics upgrde ( once fixed) great , but to twist yor words ,

So, what I'm gathering from this thread is mostly about us not *acting* in a way that shows that we're listening for the last 4-5 years to you. This is our concern ,as related to PVP , Cheating ,Exploits ,Lack of real solid content.

kennykilleduo

kennykilleduo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Dude, AoS that POS was just the beggining of the end for UO...

It went down hill once the thieves of UO will killed off or sentenced to doom.

UOGuy...

UOGuy...

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

If people were able to stockpile, any extra abilities they give rare resources will be mostly useless, since everyone would have them and it wouldn't be rare.

I'm sorry, but its this kinda logic thats driving the game into the toilet....
Just because its common and everyone has one, Does NOT mean its useless.... Quite the opposite, I call it balanced, equal... If they're going to ad abilities into the game its only fair everyone have a chance at them... I pay my fees, I should have an equal chance...
Rarity only turns UO into a numbers game... a Lottery...a big gamble...

Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Rarity only turns UO into a numbers game... a Lottery...a big gamble...

and who can invest the most time ingame and tolerate endless clicky clicky

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
Ingame support.... All that help button do these days is sending you to the knowledge base.

Sure it is good.. But ingame help and a GM really coming to the person makes it more beliveable that the GMs listen to the people.

More visible GMs, Event characters.. more involvement in game by the staff in total. Makes a huge difference.

I know all this costs lots of money. Probably not possible. But it would solve alot of problems I think.

Posted Image

Valken Stark

Valken Stark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Does anyone really believe that stupid chart that gets posted every now and then? Does anyone REALLY think KR came along, and 40,000 otherwise happy UO players INSTANTLY uninstalled 2D and quit the game? I mean come on, I'm gonna make up a chart and just start posting it, and I bet half of everyone believes it for no reason.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ea, feel, listening