Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Brand Spanking New Haven Map

- - - - - brand haven map new haven map spanking

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Nok

Nok

Founder/Publisher of GameXbar

• Members
  • 3,217 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
News item.

Posted Image
GameXbar: DAoC - LOTRO - MMO - UO - WAR - WoW

Paidric

Paidric

The Youngherder [HLP]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
Neat! It was beginning to be painful in UOAM not seeing New Haven.

Well, now let's just hope they'll work on the town design and make it a bit more cosy... and remove that big stone structure in the middle. It makes the place messy.
"If deathrobes were bank checks... I'd be filthy rich!"

New in Ultima Online? Visit Haven Helpers
Trade at Ingame Auctions!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts

and remove that big stone structure in the middle. It makes the place messy.

that is not going to happen anytime soon. Since that "big stone structure" is where you begin as a new player if you are using the KR client. That is the only place to get the new player experience (not the new player quests) and why EAMythic removed the 2D new player experience. To force players in KR.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
This is positively brilliant!

A question: can I use UOAM with KR? I never even bothered to try, but now I'm wondering...should I be downloading this to my spiffy new laptop?

~M

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
nope,

uoam only works with 2D.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Curses - foiled again.

Thanks for the tip, though. Is anyone working on a UOAM equivalent for KR?

Pretty please?

~M

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
nope,

EAMythic will tell you use the KR map, Many people that are in love with the KR client also blindly say the KR map is better.

While I found the KR map ok, it was also bad at least for me ( I am colorblind) therefore even though you can change colors of the various things to mark on your map. many of the colors are too close in shade/hue for someone with my problem.

Never really used uoam either, downloaded it at one time. Just do not see the need for it. The world is not that big. And over the years, I have pretty much memorized most of the city layouts. 2D map always been enough for me.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
KR map stinks compared to UOAM.

- Icons are limited. All my shops look the same and I have to mouse over each one to read it's name. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

- Can't use plug-ins. I'm pulling my hair out doing T-maps without UOAM to tell me to nudge one tile to the left

- I looks different than UOAM/2D. After 125 months playing this game, I'd really prefer not to have to squint and wonder what I'm looking at. I heavily used UOAM in the day, and I miss it.

- Not that it matters without 8x8, but KR doesn't show server lines. UOAM lets me know when to watch out for hordes of ganking reds just over the horizon. Plus, I can never remember precisely where that stupid line is southeast of Brit Gate.

The one (and possibly only!) category in which UOAM excells is the little red dots that tell me where I can get a rez. Best. Thing. Ever. about KR.

~M

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
If you miss uoam that much,

why not return to 2D?. Personally I found KR not that great of an improvment for me to switch from 2D, graphic wise. I was trying to get use to KR with one character that I use a lot. I was finally getting things worked out to my setup, when KR refused to patch for me. And I sure as hell aint downloading that mess again.

Plus items in the backpack, I have no idea what the hell they are. where as in 2D the items are clear.

Personally I am also tried of people whining about UO on their flat screen monitors. Gee people UO was first coded what? 13-14 years ago. So you got a new flat screen so you can watch your movie/music downloads. What the hell did you do with your old monitors? Just hook one back up, your UO size problem is solved. I know I have 3 crt screens which all still work (oldest is from my first computer in 96), I have 2 monitors on my current computer, one flat screen, one 17 inch crt which I use to play UO on, its no big deal. I use the flat screen for all other new games on my hard drive.

oh well, maybe someday the KR map will get better for you.

elffyb

elffyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
I run UO on my 20" wide flat screen and it looks fine. Lots of extra black space on the right.

On the second monitor 17" CRT I open UOAM. I use UOAM to mark resource locations, friends houses and such. Runebooks are tedious.

I also couldn't get the posted HAVEN maps to work in UOAM ... I even removed ALL of the originals ... and somehow it knew how to look up the old haven map ... very weird.

I haven't tried that ML uoam patch ... will try that tonight.

Ivory Norwind

Ivory Norwind

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
No, the problems was that when i stay at New Haven ( that i see well, the char is not tracked. Also if i move myself, the point of tracking is stopped.
But now I've resolved all. I've restarted my computer. Maybe it was one of the mystery of pc!
Now it's all working fine.
Ivory Norwind
ICQ 146447909

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brand, haven, map, new haven map, spanking