Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Brand Spanking New Haven Map

- - - - - brand haven map new haven map spanking

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Ghazghkull

Ghazghkull

Warboss [Orcs]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
I have been working on this, And its now completed (involved taking a bazillion screenshots!). I have tried getting it into UO AutoMap, But it wouldnt have it, Im not sure why. If anyone wants to do it, Have a go. If anyone wants to use this to update their maps, Especially there roleplay maps, Feel free to I dont mind.

Attached Thumbnails

• NewHaven.png

• Baldguy likes this

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[Orcs] Guild Master [Europa]

Orcs Website | Orcs Forum

Tukaram

Tukaram

Old & grouchy

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
Great map. Too bad it is Haven though. They ruined my favorite town!

Tuka :cool:

Posted Image

Kinsmen are born. Friendship is a gift of the gods.

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
GREAT contribution!!! Thank you!!!!

Is there a way to indicate the moon gate on the map? That will really help out the new players. I will add this to the new player FAQ's as well.

I know I could most likely use paint and photo shop to add remarks to it, but I dun wanna take away from your work. Thanks again!!

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Ghazghkull

Ghazghkull

Warboss [Orcs]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

GREAT contribution!!! Thank you!!!!

Is there a way to indicate the moon gate on the map? That will really help out the new players. I will add this to the new player FAQ's as well.

I know I could most likely use paint and photo shop to add remarks to it, but I dun wanna take away from your work. Thanks again!!

I could put that on them, I could also put the shop icons on too if need be. if you want to do them feel free, The map is here for anyone to use and/or edit

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[Orcs] Guild Master [Europa]

Orcs Website | Orcs Forum

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Great work! Thanks for sharing.

Not sure if it's the problem, but maybe you couldn't get it into UOAM 'cause it is no longer being updated (whoever made it/kept it up stopped).

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
looks nice great job
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

Nok

Nok

Founder/Publisher of GameXbar

• Members
  • 3,217 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Nicely done. Great work.

Posted Image
GameXbar: DAoC - LOTRO - MMO - UO - WAR - WoW

zevil

zevil

the lors of shadows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
the lowest part of haven was fine, but the most stuff of the isle wasn't used... if they change it its better in my eyes :P
the shadows will prevail

Baldguy

Baldguy

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

I could put that on them, I could also put the shop icons on too if need be. if you want to do them feel free, The map is here for anyone to use and/or edit

Shop locations and all would be fantastic (especially healers, bank, moongate). I am really time limited right now, so it would take a few for me to knock it out.

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Saturn

Saturn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
It is possible to get UOAM to show New Haven. I've attached a .zip file that includes the new .bmp maps for Trammel in UOAM and I also included a .map file for the locations in it.

The archive contains these files:

MAP1-1.BMP (Normal, Show Statistics view, 1/1x zoom) 29.4 MB
MAP1-2.BMP (Normal, Show Statistics view, 1/2x zoom) 7.35 MB
MAP1-4.BMP (Normal, Show Statistics view, 1/4x zoom) 1.84 MB
MAP1-8.BMP (Normal, Show Statistics view, 1/8x zoom) 0.46 MB
MAP1-NS1.BMP (Hide Statitics view, 1/1x zoom) 29.4 MB
MAP1-NS2.BMP (Hide Statitics view, 1/2x zoom) 7.35 MB
MAP1-NS4.BMP (Hide Statitics view, 1/4x zoom) 1.84 MB
MAP1-NS8.BMP (Hide Statitics view, 1/8x zoom) 0.46 MB
MAP1-X1.BMP (X-Ray view, 1/1x zoom) 29.4 MB
MAP1-X2.BMP (X-Ray view, 1/2x zoom) 7.35 MB
MAP1-X4.BMP (X-Ray view, 1/4x zoom) 1.84 MB
MAP1-X8.BMP (X-Ray view, 1/8x zoom) 0.46 MB
New_Haven.map (Shops and other locations on the island.) 1.47 kB

And here's what it looks like with those in use:

Posted Image

If you use the normal view only, that is, never the x-ray and hide statistics view, then you don't need to extract the MAP1-NS*.BMP and MAP1-X*.BMP files and can save some hard drive space that way.

Enjoy! :)
---------

Attached Files

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Welcome to UO Forums Saturn :)

Very nicely done on the map.

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Baldguy

Baldguy

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
Thank you Saturn for a GREAT contribution. What a great thread this has turned out to be.

Useful links

Winfield

Winfield

Governor of PaxLair, Chesapeake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts
Superb map! I love maps. I've also been mapping for a long time using Paint Shop Pro in the 2D client and now the UOKR 3D client.

One very useful utility I found was Zoomify. It takes a LARGE area map and breaks it up into smaller pieces automatically. Then people can ZOOM in and see various areas.

Here's a link to the 3D Map I did of PaxLair City on Chesapeake. You can zoom in and "wander around".

This zoomify should also work with a LARGE UOAM map, pieced together from many screen shots.

Also, thanks for the UOAM New Haven City files. Will give those a try!

- Player behind Winfield

Wrath of God

Wrath of God

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
/mourns the loss of Old Haven =(

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
very cool winfield
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

Guest_TuFatSnaka_*

Guest_TuFatSnaka_*
  • Guests
Ive tried so many ways to get the new Haven into UOAM.. and i cant do it.. if i upload these images UOAM still loads the same way.. and i cant figure out how im going to make it show these.. can someone help me out here

Thanks

Baldguy

Baldguy

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
Basically, you download the .zip archive, then extract it into C:/Program Files/UOAM. Make sure you overwrite existing files. You may lose some of your personalized markings, unless you are saving to a personal archive.

Useful links

Nasher

Nasher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I would like to get the buildings to show in UOAM for New Haven. I got the labels to work (I actually had a set of my own labels so I had to delete mine since the ones Saturn did were spot on), but the buildings aren't showing up. Nothing was overwritten because the names of the files weren't the same. Do I rename the files I downloaded to the ones in the actual folder? I'm gonna try it...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nasher - Elder Paladin - CoV
Edgemon - Citizen Cartographer - Rose

Nasher

Nasher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Nope... Still no buildings. Saturn? How'd you get them into UOAM???

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nasher - Elder Paladin - CoV
Edgemon - Citizen Cartographer - Rose

Paidric

Paidric

The Youngherder [HLP]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
Hello, I made a map of haven for myself in both 2D and KR, maybe it can help you.

http://haven.uosites...town-map-kr.png
http://haven.uosites...en-town-map.png

*edit*

aha, you kinda took the same way as me... tons of screenshots :)
"If deathrobes were bank checks... I'd be filthy rich!"

New in Ultima Online? Visit Haven Helpers
Trade at Ingame Auctions!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brand, haven, map, new haven map, spanking