Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Nautical UI skin [large picture]

- - - - - large nautical picture skin ui

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
UOKR

Sadly no code with this skin as yet.Will add one if it gets posted.

I'm working on a nautical-themed re-skin of the KR interface.

I'm more inclined toward graphics than code, so I'm basically working with the default coded layout. I'll probably want to work with custom interface definitions later (as the default is dodgey anyway) but for now I'm just "looking at swatches" in a sense.

Much of this stuff is placeholder/experimental stuff - eg: the menu button styles are all over the place - so it's not very consistent. Basically I'm aiming for a general sea-faring feel, a UI that might appeal to fishers, pirates, etc.

Posted Image

Some points of interest are the porthole on the stat-bar portrait, the skull-n-crossbones war mode button (the red doesn't survive jpg compression that well, sadly), the seascape watermark in the current target gump (the one that reads 'Captain Blackheart'), the balustrade at the bottom of the screen, and the general feel of the timber/brass gumps, particularly on the paperdoll.

Any comments/crits/suggestions would be appreciated, which bits you like, which you don't, chuck out/throw in, scrap, burn, whatever. Please excuse the biggish picture as I tried to preserve some detail.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sweeeeet!

Ya just made all us Pirates Jolly!

Posted Image

Dave "CatHat" Brown - UO Character and Environment Artist - EA Mythic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's posts like this that bring joy to this old modder's heart.

Jason "Coelacanth" Abbott – UO:KR Engineer - EA Mythic -

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Solidchrome

Solidchrome

† Virtual hero- real life geek †

• Members
  • 1,858 posts
how good is that? :)

Tovladian Soltyr- "..then I saw it was Solid and I was like "Ah ok" because we all know he's not the most complete box of crayons.."

UOForums Need Your Donations- Click Here

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts

how good is that? :)

Indeedy :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

yoyu007

yoyu007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
great

Gyvalor

Gyvalor

collecter of death robes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
Oh I think this is Awsome! I wonder if you can have each of your characters have different UI.
Posted Image

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
That looks great.

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Now this should get real interesting over the next couple of months! Great job so far!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Petra

Petra

Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
That's pretty darn kewl!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts

Oh I think this is Awsome! I wonder if you can have each of your characters have different UI.

Since I don't fully understand how this all works. Take this with a lot of salt.

I don't think so. I believe it will apply global to all your characters unless you tell it not to use the custom UI when logging in.

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Vepl, I do believe you to be correct.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Dawrid

Dawrid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

You can have a different UI for each character, although it will not "save" it for each. The way it works is that on the login screen is a drop down menu box that will let you choose which UI skin to use. The same drop down menu is also available in the options screen in game, which will let you change UI skins on the fly. :)

Hopefully, in time, someone will host a website dedicated to UO UI customizing. Where we can discuss, upload/download UI skins, etc. :eusa_pray:

Cheers!

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Welcome to UO Forums Dawrid :)

Thanks for the info. Wasn't aware you could save more then one.

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Looks good.

I like this feature.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

• Members
  • 3,882 posts

You can have a different UI for each character, although it will not "save" it for each. The way it works is that on the login screen is a drop down menu box that will let you choose which UI skin to use. The same drop down menu is also available in the options screen in game, which will let you change UI skins on the fly. :)

Hopefully, in time, someone will host a website dedicated to UO UI customizing. Where we can discuss, upload/download UI skins, etc. :eusa_pray:

Cheers!

Very cool! Thanks for the heads up! And Welcome to UOForums!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The crap has hit the fan
!"

audrey666

audrey666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
Let me just say that this is awesome! I love it!

I like the Skull and cross bone war/peace mode and the character portrait.

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
Welcome to UOForums Dawrid and many thanks for your input :icon_cheers:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: large, nautical, picture, skin, ui