Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

KR & Blue Screen of Death

- - - - - blue death kr screen

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Morph

Morph

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
After playing KR a while, maybe an hour or so, blue screen of death appears and computer restarts. First couple of times it crashed when i was in twisted weald near swoop, so i thought maybe its only twisted weald problem, but than it started crashing in other places too :icon_neutral: Anyone else experiencing this?

Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ 2210.1 Mhz
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS
1Gig RAM

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Morph do you have the latest drivers for your video card? It sounds like something is overheating and forcing the motherboard to reboot.

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

callumf

callumf

Stalking U

• Members
  • 2,107 posts
Does it happen if you arent playing UO? If the PC is just left on?

WHat does the blue screen of death say?

More details please =) !

Tovladian Soltyr

Tovladian Soltyr

Timeless Treasures Co-Owner

• Members
  • 1,521 posts
The blue screen of death says

"HA HA PwN3d N0ob13 LOLRZ1111!!1!!1!1!1!!1!1!!"
Posted Image
Timeless Treasures Auctions on Legends Grand Re-Opening to be announced - Contact me for more info

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
I Have Heard The Blue Screen Is A Scary Situaton Glad It Never Happend To Me
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

Guest_F'Nor_*

Guest_F'Nor_*
  • Guests
Sounds to me like its the AMD chip thats over heating and forcing the shutdown/reboot BSOD.

merth

merth

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
Yep you have some kind of major hardware issue going on....overheating, bad processor, vid card or hard drive. fix it fast or blue screen will be your friend forever :)

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Could also be software, i.e a driver problem.
I had something similiar when I first had ADSL, the USB modems driver kept giving me the BSOD

Morph

Morph

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Its not overheating, i have around 40 °C on CPU while playing (50% CPU load) and around 35 in case. It only happens while playing UO:KR. Could be the drivers. I had some problems with 8800 drivers, but nothing like this. Damn nvidia and her drivers.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blue, death, kr, screen