Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

FoF: Early!

- - - - - early fof

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
source UOHerald

August 24, 2007

"With the recent addition of a timer to enchanted apples, strangle became much more powerful in PvP. Will this situation be improved in the future?"
Adding a 2 minute timer didn't produce exactly the result we were looking for, so we plan to revist this in an upcoming publish.

--

Why isn't auto stealth detecting working properly on Siege/Mugen?

Passive stealth detection is purposefully turned off on Siege and Mugen.

--

"In KR, the gilded dress, formal shirt, fur sarong, fur cape, fur boots, and flower garland are all using placeholder art. What's up with that?"

CatHat says:

"I’m awaiting some technical hoo-hah to be dealt with, so we can introduce MORE paperdoll art and add images for clothing and armor that are duplicates at the moment."

--

"The resource randomization changes didn't stop scripters at ALL!"

No, they didn't - they weren't intended to. As everyone has pointed out, it would have been a really bad way to do it. No, this change was purely aimed at the economy, scripters and all.

Valorite, frostwood, etc, are *supposed* to be rare and hard-to-get - being able to pick them up casually does weird things to the economy. Yes, we expect prices to rise for items made from those resources. They should rise - the gap in price between an iron/normal item and a val/frostwood item should be pretty large, given that the intended rarity of the components is vastly different. (And has always been vastly different - however, the spawn rarity wasn't affecting the actual rarity much at all, because all you had to do to get valorite was recall around for a bit.)

Scripters still have an advantage, yes - that's why we consider it cheating :P However, if you have a system that will run KR, and you haven't played around with the target by resource macro, do so! It should make strip-mining a much more viable and less tedious proposition.

--

"I set off one of my fireworks while it was lying on the ground, and it blew up all the ones near it. Is this on purpose?"

Yes! Draconi explains:

There are 5 levels of fireworks, and each one has an explosive range that will set off others nearby. The five levels are based on the fame of the monster. Type / Range

* "a small firecracker": Same tile only
* "a medium firecracker": 1 tile
* "a large firecracker": 2 tiles
* "an extra-large firecracker": 2 tiles
* "one of the best fireworks ever": 3 tiles

(Warning! Currently fireworks will also blow up nearby ones even if they are locked down, so be careful if you want to leave them on display - this is a bug.)

--

Town Hall: Seattle

Don't miss next week's own Hall in Seattle! We'll be talking about the 10th Anniversary and giving you a sneak peek at some new Stygian Abyss concept art, as well as the usual demos, discussion, and Q&A. RSVP now!

Also, don't forget the Austin Town Hall, only two weeks away!

--

You're getting the FoF a day early because I'm on a plane to Seattle tomorrow - hope to see y'all there!

- Jeremy

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
"With the recent addition of a timer to enchanted apples, strangle became much more powerful in PvP. Will this situation be improved in the future?"
Adding a 2 minute timer didn't produce exactly the result we were looking for, so we plan to revist this in an upcoming publish.

Boohoo, I still want items to replace skill. Bleh.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
I wonder what result they were expecting to see?

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Things are broken, and at best managing to crawl by at times, but the real question is what pixel candy will we get for the ten year anniversary?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Severed donkey heads?

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts

Severed donkey heads?

LOL. ANYWAY CANT WAIT TO HEAR BACK FROM THE SEATTLE MEETING OF WHAT TRANSPIRED
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Same old stuff... Food was good, traffic was bad. The new Sarong is awesome, and here's what it loooks like.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Eowyna Rohanna

Eowyna Rohanna

I may not be the queen of everything, but I'm the duchess of

• Members
  • 1,408 posts

Severed donkey heads?

would these severed donkey heads have developers names on them, perchance?

Posted Image

Thanks to Maddux for the wonderful sig!

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

Master of Magic, no really I'm serious

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
Gah, I hate being a nay sayer about UO, but what is going on over there. The new team was doing so amazing before KR was launched!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
*mutters something about us waiting since January for our interviews*
Oh well

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

would these severed donkey heads have developers names on them, perchance?

If they want to please the masses, I think they should.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
The same crap we go with the 9th?

A new tile set or 2, tokens (I am calling them prestige tokens) that get you any one of 7th,8th,9th,spring decor items.

What more could you wish for? Every one is working on KR. I think it will be late this year too. Like released in late oct/early nov. Again because of the trouble with KR.

But the one thing that I do know for 100% - it will not be free - its gonna be $19.99 at least. Have to pay for that "free" grpahics upgrade somehow.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

merth

merth

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
LOL I look for SA to cost at least $29.99 maybe even $39.99 due to new graphics engine as well as the attracting of a new player base!

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Is anyone else here losing faith in how EA/Mythic is running this game?
Just curious, heh

merth

merth

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
trying to hold on to it Ad! :)

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

trying to hold on to it Ad! :)

But they keep adding industrial grade lube to make it near impossible to.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

merth

merth

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
WOW you got lube Dip?

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

WOW you got lube Dip?

You didn't?

Am I the only one?

Maybe I grabbed the wrong box.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
Darkscribe already confirmed the 29.99 price, quite sometime ago in one of the pre-release interviews about KR. Its on the KR website, I think its like gamers info or something like that will check and confirm later.

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
From gamersinfo.net :

Then there's Ultima Online: Stygian Abyss. Stygian Abyss will add in the largest dungeon in UO history, plus new monsters, crafting, skills, magic, pets, epic quests, and housing. Humans will be able for the first time to reach the gargoyle homeland, and gargoyles will become the third race able to be played by people - they're intended to be stoic, noble, and a bit gruesome. They can shape stone and manipulate energy.

The new expansion will be available for the new client only and will be $29.99. The monthly fees for UO will remain unchanged. (I asked Aaron about the possibility of having a combined fee for UO, DAoC, and the upcoming WAR, much like the SOE “Station Pass”, but it looks like for now you shouldn’t hold your breath.)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: early, fof