Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

A tip if your buying a vet ethereal...

- - - - - buying ethereal tip vet

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Solidchrome

Solidchrome

† Virtual hero- real life geek †

• Members
  • 1,858 posts
I didnt realise that you cant use the veteran reward etheral mounts unless you have the gametime behind you. I bought one for 2.9 mil and I cant use it for 57 more months... :eusa_doh:

Tovladian Soltyr- "..then I saw it was Solid and I was like "Ah ok" because we all know he's not the most complete box of crayons.."

UOForums Need Your Donations- Click Here

callumf

callumf

Stalking U

• Members
  • 2,107 posts
ouch

merth

merth

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
well consider it a wise investment for the price :)

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
your set up in 4 1/2 years think of it like stock that might be a rare when you can use it
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

Rascal

Rascal

Madam of Mayhem

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
Don't the vet reward items tell you in their description what age your account needs to be in order to use them???

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Solidchrome

Solidchrome

• Members
  • 1,858 posts

Don't the vet reward items tell you in their description what age your account needs to be in order to use them???

Just says 2nd(3rd..whatever) veteran reward but doesnt specify what age your account needs to be.

Like merth and kingtony says...Its a good investment :)

Tovladian Soltyr- "..then I saw it was Solid and I was like "Ah ok" because we all know he's not the most complete box of crayons.."

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
There should be some warning on the ethereal's description before it lets you trade
You can however ride ONE ethereal, the Mondains legacy Charger of the fallen.
Not sure how much they go for, but they aren't dependant on account age.
Maybe you could trade with someone for one of those?

Solidchrome

Solidchrome

• Members
  • 1,858 posts
Good idea Adam..just one question..can they die like normal pets?

merth

merth

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
good call Ad however most ethys sell for far less than charger, at the price he paid my advice would be:

1. hold onto it til able to ride/ become a rare
2. or sell for actual worth( 5 yr ethy prolly sell for more like 4 to 5 mil I would think depending on shard)

merth

merth

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
No they can not die

Solidchrome

Solidchrome

• Members
  • 1,858 posts
Thanks merth :)

Rascal

Rascal

Madam of Mayhem

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
If your character dies while mounted on an ethy or charger, the animal will end up in your pack as a statue and because it's blessed cannot be looted by anyone but you.

Word of warning though, keep the ethy or charger in your main pack, do not put it in another bag in your pack or it can, at that point, be looted.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Also..from memory, if you're overloaded with items and you dismount, doesn't the ethy drop to the floor?
Might wanna watch out for that..assuming that still happens.

Solidchrome

Solidchrome

• Members
  • 1,858 posts
Good tips- thanks guys :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: buying, ethereal, tip, vet