Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Stratics - Hunters Guide Graphical Update

- - - - - graphical guide hunters stratics update

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Stratics is looking for help in updating it's hunter's guide with monster imagery from the UOKR client.

[Community News] Hunters Guide Graphical Update - Strat-O-Graphic Safari

Hunters Guide Graphical Update - Strat-O-Graphic Safari

Posted Image
Hail and well met! It's time to make some graphical changes to the Stratics Hunters Guide. Currently, the graphics used is from both 2d and the old 3d client. With the release of UOKR, we need to update the entire Hunters Guide with the UOKR graphics, and keeping the 2d client graphics.
*hears the UO population roar with glee*
So I have come up with this evil plan *rubs hands together*
Seeing there is over 400+ different types of monsters & Animals within Sosaria, it would take me an eternity to do this on my own. This where where you all come in...
*evil grin*
Posted Image

Strat-O-Graphic Safari

Posted Image
Posted Image
I have created a thread on the UO Stratics Content Update Help Forum that lists every known creature, monster, animal, human, and quest npc's within Sosaria, called the Hunters Guide Graphical Update. I wanted to make this a bit of fun for everyone who wanted to get involved. So the silly idea of a national geographic type expedition came to mind, of course with our own label "Strat-O-Graphic Safari", where the citizens of Sosaria can don on the old baggy hat, safari cloths, and head out there with their trusty camera and take photo's of all the creatures listed in that thread.
"That's pretty boring! How can you possibly make it interesting ?!?!" I hear you cry!
Well, I'm glad you asked! (for anyone who use to watch the curiosity show)
As well as taking some happy snaps of the creatures of Sosaria, if your feeling creative, you can also write up a short story on how you came across that creature. This story will also be placed under the stats on the hunters guide, to make it more interesting for people reading it. Make it funny, make it serious, you could even try your best at being David Attenborough.
If your interested in pitching in, check the thread in Stratics Content Update Help Forum called Hunters Guide Graphical Update before you head out, to make sure your not going on an adventure that has already been done. This will be updated daily with the ones that have been done and who had done it.
Posted Image
What's required:

Posted Image
1 snap shot - of the creature, monster, animal, human, or quest npc's that you have chosen.
Short story - This is optional, you don't have to submit a story. If you just wish to help out with updating the graphics on the Hunters Guide, that would be great! Send your happy snaps, and story, to Ovrkill@stratics.com

So if you can help out by submitting pictures, please do!

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
i will do my part ..where is my camera
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

eshezo

eshezo

"Kaz"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
I'll try and help out some.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eshezo

eshezo

"Kaz"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
Dropped you a mail with a handfull of photos on it, if you caould check them and see if they are what your after I'll go out and do a load but just want to make sure the format is ok first.

rgds
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: graphical, guide, hunters, stratics, update