Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Ice worms, speak?

- - - - - ice speak worms

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I didn't know Ice worms spoke..

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
Wow, haven't heard of them talking before ...
Adam, you have a following :shocked:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Snowy

Snowy

Pretty Nice Disguise, isn't it?

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
WHAT!!! Are you serious? (hmmmm).... I guess I should not be surprised, but I am.

~

"It's definitely a Bubble Bath Day.". ~ Dove Promise

~

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Yea, I have a feeling the code has messed up somewhere
I'm sure hirelings (Npc kind) say "Very well", when you command them

Snowy

Snowy

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
That's kinda what I thought it might be from what the critter said. BTW hope you are feeling better.

~

~

Flutter

Flutter

The Secret World

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
Skittering hoppers talk also.

Posted Image

'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.' - Albert Einstein

Snowy

Snowy

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
Wonder if that one that keeps wandering into my house is trying to tell me something. How would one know? Is there a skill that lets you understand them? Spirit Speak? I thought it was just for listening to the dead.???

~

~

Yuallica

Yuallica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts
Are ice worms not supposed to speak? I thought they always did when they were tamed.

Never heard a skittering hopper speak though...
Posted Image

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I'm just glad I don't use those pets in PVM, can you imagine 5 of them saying "Very well" after every command? Gah
A gm would probably jail my pets for spamming :P

SpyderBite

SpyderBite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Is there a skill that lets you understand them? Spirit Speak? I thought it was just for listening to the dead.???

Nope. Spirit Speak is for talking to ghosts and as a ghost as well as healing and boosting the strength of several Necro spells. There is currently no skill that allows one to speak to animals. However, that'd be a neat addition to Animal Lore. Should be required to understand people in animal form or polymorphed. Same should go for undead forms, only those with Spirit Speak should be able to understand and converse with them. :)

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Makes good sense SpyderByte and would add some fun to the skills

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Prizim

Prizim

I am getting too old for this!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
I don't think I would like to know what my pets have to say to me... they have been locked in the stable for a few months... and I am sure they are not happy right now... :(
Posted Image

Snowy

Snowy

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
I agree. That is a suggestion to make to the Devs! Makes a LOT of sense. There are a number of things which would be useful and fun to do with Animal Lore besides checking to see if it is happy or not.

~

~

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
I think pets should kind of communicate I think it be neat if a dragon talked or something like Draco from Dragonheart! You out hunting and pet remembers things that maybe you and another person have talked about and recall it or says something cute while hunting.

-RMS Carpathia-

Snowy

Snowy

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
I would love to have more 'interactive' things with my pets. When you develop a long term relationship with one, you ought to have learned some ot the little tricks to understanding what's going on with the pet and have some responses to your interactions... similar to and an expansion on the 'Your pet seems happier' thing when you have fed them.

~

~

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ice, speak, worms