Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Your Perfect Home

- - - - - home perfect

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Brom

Brom

Introverted Barbarian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
Im torn between two options here.

1. Big home i own right now, a 16x18. Lots of storage and the sound of frogs and crickets.

2. Much smaller plot, 10x9 (or something close to that). Excellent location, love the view, remote area.

What would you folks do? I like being able to store all my junk but I also like the idea of having a home in a remote location that looks really nice. I can't choose :-/!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Which is stronger. The desire to store all your stuff or the view? Go with that :-/

(I'm a need all the room I can get sorta guy)

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
Well write down on a sheet of paper the total storage for both plots, side by side, and I mean everything total storage, lockdowns,vendors everything.

Whats the total difference between the two. Then go through every item, every chest/box in your current house. Either try to enhance everything you wanted too but were too afraid to try (somethings go *poof*) and/or really thing about each item and either trash it, put it on a vendor for vendor price or below current shard value, or give it away, donate to your favorite museuem, sell them at an auction house (if available)
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

eshezo

eshezo

"Kaz"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
Personally , I would keep the larger home, I have a lovley location at the moment by Yew moongate and 2 secs walking from Yew bank but I'm constantly frustrated because I know I need to move to a larger plot.

If you do decide to go to a smaller plot let me know becuase I'll certainly be in the market for your 18x18.

rgds
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ned Stark

Ned Stark

Governor of Vespenland

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
Hell No man! Go for the smaller plot!

I have just, this week given away my 14x12 Between Brit & Trinsic, and exchanged it for this...

i think its a 9x8 :) But its jus off Vesper Beach, where i RP all the time, and i love it!

Posted Image
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ghazghkull

Ghazghkull

Warboss [Orcs]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
Sell them all and buy an orc fort instead!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[Orcs] Guild Master [Europa]

Orcs Website | Orcs Forum

JimmyPlot

JimmyPlot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
In my oppinion, a 7x7 in a lovely area is ten times better than a castle in trinsic swamps, or ice island.

Jakar

Jakar

I'm very sneaky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
For me, its all about house design. I like having a bigger house because it allows me to build my house to be more in tune with its surroundings...

Posted Image

Brom

Brom

Introverted Barbarian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
Well Ive made the switch, I went with the smaller plot. Gave my old one to a friend. Turns out the storage on my new house can hold everything anyway, but just barely. I'm now in the process of getting rid of some excess junk, it's amazing how much useless crap you can collect when you have tons of space :D.

The plot I switched to isn't even the original plot I had been eyeballing for a bit, I just happened to stumble across it. It's in a great spot all by itself only two or three steps from the road.

Thanks for your input everyone, its great to have some differing opinions and view points!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: home, perfect