Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

The proudest day(s) of your UO life?

- - - - - days life proudest uo

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Thradia

Thradia

*licks*

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
This post was made on UO Stratics by Guildmule:

For me, it was when I GMed Magery (18 months of training!).

Second was GMed Healing (26 months of training!!).

Disclaimer: During those times, I played UO for over 6 hours a day, and double that on weekends.

Draconi: I have too many

I think, the top 3 of all time are:

1) The first play my acting guild performed
2) My first player kill (I still remember the spot, northeast of Vesper, self defense! Heh.)
3) The first time I actually helped a newbie get something done that made them want to keeping playing UO :P Sappy, but it was all warm and fuzzy.

So what was your proudest day??

Posted Image
Posted Image

Mapper

Mapper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
Mine would most likely be the day I helped Marcus Forlan and his team defeat Britain and Lord Helriek, Hehe I just looove EM Events :P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mapper - Egan - Tari Seregon - Aeldur
Europa News Manager on Stratics

Flutter

Flutter

The Secret World

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
Hmm
I don't know... the day I GM'd taming was grand. When I got Legendary it was awesome too but really GM'ing taming back then was a bigger feat.
Taming my first nightmare. That was a huge big deal for me. First mare I tamed back in Tera keep... I sure wish that mare hadn't of died before bonding...
Then there was an ego moment when I was the first tamer on Catskills to tame a firesteed.
Wow I tamed 24/7 back then to get my taming high enough for that... and I had evil Catskills people killing them out from under me so I wouldn't have one.

I have to say taming my first nightmare. The day I lost connection and it died to silver serpents was also the worst day of my UO life.

Posted Image

'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.' - Albert Einstein

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Placing our first small house outside of Yew,on the Ches shard approximately December 1997. We sold everything and anything to get the gold for that small.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

SpyderBite

SpyderBite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
Successfully looting 19 boat keys in one day from people who were stupid enough to dock their boat outside my house on Fire Isle. Not only did I get their boats but all the loot I'd been watching them tow back from the Fire Temple all day as well. *grins*

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
When I was picked to join a fairly exclusive RP guild, and the ceremony that entailed.
Finally reaching GM taming, back before scrolls.
Finally reaching 120 taming after scrolls lol.
When I was 'adopted' by a RP family.

Ly-Las

Ly-Las

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
When a very sweet girl id been running a shop in felucca with, told me how she felt about me, and asked me if we could have a go at an RL relationship. Over a year on we are happy :)

Gwenyth

Gwenyth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
Oh there have been so many great moments in my UO history. I'd have to say when I made my crafter a 7x GM cause that was my very first character to reach such an accomplishment. That was quite some time ago and was truly a goal to be proud of reaching. Then again, I was quite proud the very first time I got a Lady title on my mage. Myself and a guildmate spent endless hours at the mage tower in the hedgemaze running up and down the stairs killing the deamons that spawned at the bottom until we had both gotten our new titles :D
Posted Image

Snowy

Snowy

Pretty Nice Disguise, isn't it?

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
The day I GMd Smithing. I had been struggling with it for what seemed like forever. I must agree with Flutter, GMing back then was more of a rush than for these newfangled titles. I guess that's why it was such a shock to me when PS came in shortly after I GMd and my Smith was almost as worthless as before all that work. Being a GM was being 'someone' in the 'old days'. LOL!

I hold grudges too. :embarasse and still grumble about how GMing is no longer something to instill pride... but just another notch on the climb to the ultimate "Legendary". Oh well, now I have reached 105 on the climb to Legendary... perhaps someday.... :'(

~

"It's definitely a Bubble Bath Day.". ~ Dove Promise

~

Adrianna Danere

Adrianna Danere

Stop staring at my daishos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
In terms of goals in game I suppose it was when I got my char Adrianna Danere to Legendary Swordswoman. I'd trained to 110 earlier and when I finally got the 120 scroll I hacked at stuff like mad for the following days and steadily climbed the ladder until I got there. She was finally as good as she's meant to be :)

On a more abstract level it would probably be the RP-related events, structures and guilds I've worked with. They've all had really crappy times too but still, the feeling of accomplishment when you see your creation expand and more people enjoying it is incredible.

Posted Image

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
Definitely the first house I owned. Little 7x7 down the mountainside from Despise...

I eyed the lot for a few weeks, grinding out low level t-maps, Stone Harpies in Covetous, and selling Iron Ingots to players to get the gold together to buy it.

*sniff*

Posted Image

Santi

Santi

El Mero Mero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
My proudest day was when I killed a scammer that joined our guild. He was a mage on a horse and I was a warrior on foot. It was awesome...he was overconfident...and I was over smarter...or luckier :)

Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests
Getting my first artifact in doom and at the same time gaining the last .1 I needed to be legendary mage.

Anne Nomilly

Anne Nomilly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
I'd have to say placing my very first house of my own. It was a tiny 7 x 7 placed in Malas just after AOS. Until then I had lived out of a friend's house. I still go by from time to time and that house is still there almost exactly like I placed it. :)

Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Mine was getting my first house. I was on temporary duty, and in a hotel with dialup, so I couldnt do much. I was sitting in Umbra bank working on a couple skills, when someone came by and asked if I wanted a house. I was a bit leary at first, but said sure, where is it at. He said it was the 4th house on the right, just up the north road. I was shocked that someone would give away a home soo close to town. It was about a 7x11, already built up and everything. That day, after about 16 months of playing, I finally had a house and could move out of my banks! The house has long since been leveled, as it has transferred between a couple of my guildmates, and then they have moved on. But there is still that little plot there wide open ready for the taking...

Jomo

Jomo

always tring to help someone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
Although my first house, a small marble workshop east of covetous against the mountains, Gave me a thrill.....I think my proudest day was slaying my first Titan Para unaided.
Killed them and been killed by them many times since, but knowing that I have done it before unaided keeps me coming back for more.
Respect everyone

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests

Although my first house, a small marble workshop east of covetous against the mountains, Gave me a thrill.....I think my proudest day was slaying my first Titan Para unaided.
Killed them and been killed by them many times since, but knowing that I have done it before unaided keeps me coming back for more.

You know, when I used to work up my swds/pali, my most memorable experience during that time was finally being able to take on Ogre Lords by myself. I was able to take on LLs with no troubles, but those OLs gave me a hard time, always interupting my heals..hehe.. Eventually I was able to take on the Island with the 3 spawn by myself, and knew I was going to be ok to finally move on.

Prizim

Prizim

I am getting too old for this!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
ok.. my proudest day was the first time I GM'd Bowfletching, it was the first Skill I ever GM'd and it was back before I had UOA... and I was the only one in my old Guild that had done it... and back then, GM made bows were wanted by all archers...
Posted Image

SpyderBite

SpyderBite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
Ok... I remembered another, less violent, "proudest moment". On Sonoma, Queen Mum organized a wedding that was absolutely stupendous. It was enormous and the turn out was absolutely amazing. Several EM's showed up bearing gifts including spawning several dolphins in the river outside that serenaded myself and the bride late in to the night. I've been to dozens of weddings over the years, but that wedding was probably the most "magical" ceremony that I've ever been a part of and one of my fondest and proudest moments in the game.

Zynia

Zynia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
I think I have too many..
*thinks*

I'd have to say my proudest accomplishment would be that I am still standing here today, happily playing the game. After all that I've been through, lost and gained. I can still log in and go into my own little world.

Another would be the very few times you actually meet a genuinly nice veteran, that you can sit and talk to for hours about how the game used to be. They don't come around often, but it's a peace of mind when they do.

*sniffles*

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: days, life, proudest, uo