Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Info on KR and UO 2D

- - - - - 2d info kr uo

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

cadethepagan

cadethepagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
As many of you know people are scared that the 2D client will be trashed for the KR. THIS IS NONSENSE. EA themselves have reported that until 95% of its ENTIRE subscribers switch to KR that they will begin plans to remove the 2D client. KR and 2D will live side by side until almost all of the subscribers decide to switch. EA also conveyed that even though they wish more people to switch to the new client they will in fact MAKE the new expansions for both clients.

All you 2D players are safe. You may sleep easy at night
Power is not given, it is taken!

Ned Stark

Ned Stark

Governor of Vespenland

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
EA are gona be lucky if 5% of the player base play KR! :P

I havent even thought about it for two weeks! Shame really
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BaldEagle

BaldEagle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
What concerns me about this is that the next expansion is slatged to be KR only. This means that to create the new race, explore the new lands, perhaps make new items or use new items players will have to switch to the KR client.

Also when they say 95% use it, do they mean have logged in with the client or use it on a regular basis?

Nevertheless, a KR only expansion will drive a great many to get the new client.

Peace,
Peace,
BaldEagle

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
I think it's only the new land(s) that come with Stygian Abyss that you need to be in KR to access.

I don't know where I read it, but I'm 95% sure *cough* that they said anything from the new land(s) can be used in 2D, just not obtained. You can also use a gargoyle character in 2D, not sure if you can make it through the 2D client though.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Gieschen

Gieschen

Bringing RP back to mmoRPg! w0o+!!!!!!1 <

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Is this switch to *only* KR, or switch KR as additional use? I'm assuming the former rather than the latter, but just curious.

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
X amount of people using it Y amount of time.

The question becomes, what's X and Y?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Santi

Santi

El Mero Mero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
I plan on switching back on forth, depending on my mood.

cadethepagan

cadethepagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
The dev teams cannot decide if they want to release the new expansion for KR only and release it for 2d later much like the lands of Ilsh or release for both at the same time. Of course be prepared for anything but at least know at one point the new expansion will be available for BOTH clients. Whether at the same time or not is up to the dev team. Most likely they will NOT pull a third dawn since so many people complained 2d could not visit Ilsh. So MORE THAN LIKELY stygion abyss will be released to support both clients. Remember the EAMythic team working on UO is tight for time and does not release much info. I have to make my friends that work for EA Sports get the info outta the uo supervisors.

cadethepagan

cadethepagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
Bascially the new expansion will be released for 2d but the kr client will have a few more perks. Supposely the stygion abyss expansion's new dungeon is suppose to be an awsome work of art and EA says would be a shame if everyone just saw it in 2d. So basically if you play kr you get to see cool stuff in the new dungeon. If your 2d its just a cool 2d dungeon, no over the top graphics or scenery. (which in my opinion is good since i need all the speed my computer can do for fighting)

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts

I think it's only the new land(s) that come with Stygian Abyss that you need to be in KR to access.

They do the Illisnhnar mistake over and over again... Welcome to the deserted lands....

Posted Image

noixiata

noixiata

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
*nods*
They should perhaps even also remove some land considering there is so much unused.. imho

Posted Image

"..the first lesson: that we must be
powerful, beautiful and without regret.."
- Armand

cadethepagan

cadethepagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
heh yea