Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

How do you make the Castle on the original Marble Island?

- - - - - castle island make marble original

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

croy6325

croy6325

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Been checking out the old version of Marble Island, and i absolutely love the white marble castle, but i can't figure out how to make it, it looks like it is 6 stories high.

so can someone post here (w/pics preferably) on how to make it including the pointed top, i'd really appreciate it.

Alynora

Alynora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts
Are you talking about this one of mine?
If so, hold on, I still have the interior pics of it somewhere on a CD... (I just cleaned up a lot of stuff off my hard drive..)

Posted Image

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

zevil

zevil

the lors of shadows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
www.xs4all.nl/~garod1 love the music on it :o, u have more of the sort of music??? :P now i know ure secret, with such music everyone can design soo nice :P (just kidding, ure designs are too good for that :P)
the shadows will prevail

croy6325

croy6325

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
YES! THAT ONE! the closeup helps alot, but it still looks like it is 6 stories high? maybe i'm just blind, but it looks really tall. i'd love to see the interior work, but just something about the outside, made me say WOW the first time i saw it.

tnx for pics

Alynora

Alynora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts
oh bah, I can't seem to find them offhand.

The interior wasn't really too special, it was done up as a sort of theater. The ground floor had a dance studio with bar/mirrors, and a ticket office and some rehearsal rooms. The upper two floors was just stairwells and open with some small areas for extra seating up top, behind the stairwells were a couple of rooms for "back stage storage props" and a dressing room, and a toilet. The insides were actually pretty square and open.

All of the extra "floors" you see were only done on the rooftop. The trees helped me disguise a few wonky bits up there. It's pretty easy to do again so, I could go back into custom mode to get you some fresh screens if you need. Will just take a little while.

It's an 18 x 14 roughly to give you an idea of the space inside. As to how to make the tower tops, it really is just a matter of spacing up top. You basically lose a big portion of the roof as walkable space by doing this sort of thing unfortunately.

Most of them can be found here: http://smg.photobuck...e Isle/?start=0 tho if you want to start

I'll show you the pic of a basic tower I did to go with this building, This one however will show you just one section of the roof:

Posted Image

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Alynora

Alynora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts
forgot a couple of pointers on this one:

You have to be very careful with the height of leaf roofs up there however otherwise the stick through the tower tops. Also for additional effect, it is a floor tile that makes the "edge" around the marble arches.

To Zevil:

hehe, thanks :) we have lots more music like this, and other genres too. TBH I forgot what song we have up there, it's been so long since we've updated that site. My husband was the one who made it, so everything can be blamed on him! *nodnod* :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Awesome home/castle Alynora!

croy6325

croy6325

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
wow, just tried it out, DAMN GOOD JOB on the illusion man, loving the way it looks. tyvm

Alynora

Alynora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts
thanks, glad you're enjoying it :) what shard have you put it on then outta curiousity?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

croy6325

croy6325

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
still working on it, but its going up on siege perilous

zevil

zevil

the lors of shadows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
can u put music on a site or so meting? :eusa_pray:

love it :P, or can u pass to me another way?
the shadows will prevail

Alynora

Alynora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts
Zevil, I'm not sure how to do that, my husband is the one that created the site... He's either got Evanescence or Rammstein music on it if I recall correctly. So if you find some of that, you're set :) - sorry it was a soundtrack from Tsubasa Chronicles or some such thing from an anime...

And *sigh* yup, I'm going to redo Marble Isle and put the White Castle back up but in a bigger version :) The reason that I made the "blandified" version of marble isle is over, so I can now do it up fancy again :) so look forward to some new and improved stuff there...

However, I am extremely highly (highly) tempted to recreate that japanese castle myself, the one that was posted on the rainylain thing as I thought it was beautiful. and then carry that ttheme through around on the island...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Saphireena

Saphireena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
Found this page googling UO castles and wanted to compliment you on a job well done. One of the most beautiful things I've seen in UO house customization!
Posted Image

Mirt

Mirt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
That house looks amazing great job.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: castle, island, make, marble, original