Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

How would you rate UOKR?

- - - - - rate uokr

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

Nok

Nok

Founder/Publisher of GameXbar

• Members
  • 3,217 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
I spent $500 for both a new PC -and- a new 19" HD LCD widescreen. LCD is worth $150... so the PC was about $350.

Runs KR great for me.

Posted Image
GameXbar: DAoC - LOTRO - MMO - UO - WAR - WoW

Guest_Halfsite_*

Guest_Halfsite_*
  • Guests
:( not very happy with KR. I personally think the graphics are poor.

Norman Bates

Norman Bates

Manager, Bates Motel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
Don't play it myself, no desire to...but just looking at those poll ##'s I would quote Jed Clampett: Pi-tee-full...PI-TEE-FULL. Less than one fourth thing good or great? PI-TEE-FULL.....

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
I just (re-)-downloaded UO:KR, figgering that they would have distributed patched up versions to the file share servers since release (I had beta).

Guess what? AM CURRENTLY on the FOURTH patch. How OLD is this thing? WHAT are they DOING? Why wouldn't you update your downloaded files?

While I rant, Anyone else take that survey? What happened to options like:
I don't play UO:KR because
- You ignored the Beta testers
- You are STILL fixing bugs reported in beta
- You have NOT fixed bugs from Beta
(see a trend here?)
- You slighted all the beta testers with focus group because the beta testers were no longer active (since it was not longer beta), yet you are STILL fixing bugs they reported
- Cuase it is only good for crafters
- Cause the macroes make the game, and the KR macroes are below par
- Cause the key controls are counter-intuitive (shift click? pet commands in all lower case? )
- Cause noone ASKED if we (the loyal few) thought a new client was a good idea? Course, it ain't our money, or our free time at stake..... oh WAIT.....
Patching stopped, only 5 patches behind.

Why can't I scale my HP bar so it fits in the black space? I dont WANT it to block the screen.

Will they ever give us a WEIGHT indicator on the status bar? That seems kinda nice to know at a glance. (oh, wait UO Assist has it. Must be copyrighted.)

WHY can't I use this (silly) right click+shift on my (useless) healthbar to bring up text menu's? Makes sens to use the (oversized) health gump for context menus (you can't miss it). (edit) oh, wait. You CAN. As LONG as you only target the RIGHT between the bars and the picture (don't try hitting this in life or death). The picture is useless (always). The bars are useless (for this). The numbers are nigh unreadable.

One definite dislike. When you click on yourself (say to bring up your toggle quest item menu), the cursor (pain in the butt) moves over to you. This brings up your OWN health bar. But that crappy thing is ALREADY up. Why do I need to see my health TWICE? Seems like it would not be hard to detect the main life bar up, and cancel the switch over.
During crafting quests, I rely on this so I can double click the health gump, and not have to chase the quest gives around the screen. Now, I have to pull HER health bar up. And guess what? I get ANOTHER of her health bars up when I click on her. Talk about CLUTTER.

Why are all the crafting action buttons on the left side of the gump? This means you can only take the screen so far to the edge without losing functionality. WHich also means, due to it's inordinate size, that your character is always covered up by it.

WHY is the "open backpack" option on a beetle at the BOTTOM? RIGHT under RELEASE? Couldn't they have moved it so fewer pets are released by accident?

WHo did the think-through on this "toggle as quest item" addition? GREAT, WELL intentioned idea. But a waste of code. I timed myself using two different methods., for a batch of 270 boards (3 turn-in quests for footstools)
First, (1 minute, 45 seconds)(times 3)
get the quest
make 10 (footstools) Bug, if your tool wears out while making this number, clicking on the a new tool resets the number. Ex. if you made 2 of 10, and it breaks, clicking on the new tool wills how you have 10 left to make instead of 8
Select toggle as quest item
Type in number to make
select make
sit back an wait
click on ciala (health gump)
click ok
click ok

Method two (batch method, 30 foot stools) Time: 3:15
(make max)
Select toggle as quest item
Select make maxBUG: If tool breaks in the middle, the menu will switch back to the default position (right side of game screen)The matrix container view makes selecting quest items REALLY nice. (OMG, I said something positive)

Wait (1 min, 35 secs to make 30)
click ok
click ok
Click on ciala new quest) (health gump)
Click ok
Click on self (health gump BETWEEN the picture and bars (bug?))
select quest item
mark 10 more
click ok
click ok
Click on ciala new quest) (health gump)
Click ok
Click on self (health gump BETWEEN the picture and bars (bug?))
select quest item
mark 10 more
click ok
click ok
Now, it appears on the surface that the toggle as quest item would save numerous steps, which it does, but it does NOT save time. Weird.

These pictures make my first impressions obvious. First MINUTE in the game already seeing "issues". How far are we into release again? ( in this one, I am headed EAST. Rent-a-bug seems to have different ideas). I have noticed that whenever Rent-A-bug twitches sideways, my processor useage jumps 10%.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Me scrolling through the binding keys. Note that the context menu is ABOVE the binding menu. It actually will scroll all the way off screen as you scroll down the page.
Posted Image

Me walking around my house (actually, I am running, but you would not know it). Note the resource useage (36% CPU, 237K Memory, 10 minutes after logging in.)
Posted Image

I did NOT like the mouse action (dragged too slow). I did not like the cursor accuracy (off by half a pointer width at best). It (no exaggeration) took me 4 minutes to place my sacred journey in a hot bar slot. WTH is up with THAT? Drag and drop? HA. I hovered over one, and THREE would light up with a shadow.

I did a FOV calibration check between UO:KR and UO:2D. I set UO:KR at max zoom out, uo:2d at normal play.
WOW. WOW. WOW. UO:KR by a MILE.....
2D (notice the upper portion of the statue)
Posted Image

UO"KR (notice the SECOND statue!. This is HUGE for problems with off-screen monster targetting. Too bad you will crash anyway.)(My eye doctor will NOT be happy with me playing at that resolution however.)
Posted Image

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
When do you guys think it'll be a good time to do a new poll?
Hard to believe UOKR has been out for nearly 5 months now
I suggest doing one on the 5 month mark, which will be November 28th, what do you guys think?

Baldguy

Baldguy

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
Good idea. I SHOULD have built up another good rant by then.

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Gwen Irima

Gwen Irima

Lost elf

• Members
  • 1,257 posts
  • LocationHolland
Average.

If i did not play uo before and would see the game for the first time in the shops I would not buy it.

Posted Image
-oOo- About Elves -oOo-

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
did anyone notice they stopped upgrading after the dev's got fired
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

Baldguy

Baldguy

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
I have a theory (silly one) on the updating thing.
All publishes / patches MUST go through QA before they are published.

There IS no QA (I KNOW what Jeremy SAYS, but PROVE it! :P ).

Therefore, there are no patches.

Useful links

buddy lee

buddy lee

Agent Zero

• Members
  • 2,249 posts

:( not very happy with KR. I personally think the graphics are poor.

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
tell you what much better then before and it is on it's way just not with me yet
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
We'll do a new poll on the 25th, so I'll close this one up

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rate, uokr