Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

How would you rate UOKR?

- - - - - rate uokr

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
1 being poor, 5 being excellent.

This is a general poll, so vote on the client in general.

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
I'm between good and excellent - I think if it had gone gold with fewer bugs, I'd say excellent. They're doing a great job of terminating the bugs, though, and since it went gold, I've been playing KR 100%. It runs great for me and I thoroughly enjoy the graphics.

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
they have come along way so i voted good but im sure there on the verge of excelent
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

Serdan

Serdan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
It really is rubbish, how in any conceivable way could it be described as better than poor, considering most of it doesn't work. I am so sick of sliding around on my horse naked that I've lost all hope for it.

JCtheBuilder

JCtheBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
If I had to do a Felucca IDOC in the Kingdom Reborn client today I would cry. I can't track because that skill is not yet implemented (in a gold client mind you). Can't PVP if I had to. Can't see the house itself from latest patch bugs. Have to click 5+ times each time to place the house instead of once in 2D. All animal forms are broken and move at only human walking speed. I would lag terribly if anyone else showed up. If I had to run away from someone, I can't because they are 25-33% faster in 2D.

I am going to have to rate the client as poor.

UOGuide -- The best Ultima Online reference, better than the T2A manual!

gogouo

gogouo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
is the new client really that bad? Looks great, though.

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Short answer gogouo. Yes compared to 2D.

Good thing is they are not near done with it :) . If you look at KR as a beta client (which IMO it still is). That is still being worked on. It is really not bad. The patch yesterday was another big improvement.

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

abracadabra

abracadabra

Mindless Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Art-good, user interface-poor, compliance with required system specs-poor, playable/functional vs bugs-poor, marketing/accessibility-poor, and in my opinion, KR needs much more work. One good out of five isn't very promising at this point.
Posted Image

gogouo

gogouo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Makes me think: What if UO/EA never created the 3d/KR clients and gradually updated the 2d client with better artwork? Did they really have to change EVERYTHING with KR? Hehe, the spells look really good though.

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
IF I understood EA correctly (and thats a big IF). They wanted an interface that would be easily recognized by new players. So they really did have to do a new client :-/

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts

IF I understood EA correctly (and thats a big IF). They wanted an interface that would be easily recognized by new players. So they really did have to do a new client :-/

Vepl

Not only that but it also makes adding new items/art to the game that much easier, graphics wise. At least if I remember the discussion from long ago correctly.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
It's a shame they didn't revamp the 2d client to make it true/high? colour with new animations and art.
Something like Saph's art.

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
Same arguments they had for the 3D client. easier to add new content, menus easier to make, etc. We all see how THAT went.

I can see the need to get away from sprite based client, but you would think they had learned their lesson from UO:2, UOTD, etc.

Intentionally doubling your workload to make it easier to add new content to an interface that MAX 20% of the players use is kind of oxymoronic.

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Does seem like a waste of time, to me
But only time itself, will tell.

To me it just looks like a polished UOTD client
Although that might be because I'm used to 2D and have played it for...8 years.

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
OMG adam, that was funnnyyyyyyy

Since UOTD is commonly called UO Turd dawn, and you say they polished it.:Rofl:Rofl:Rofl

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
*kicks paul*

I like SOME of UOKR, some of the effect are nice, but eh, the interface just looks so cumbersome
Some of the art is so blurred looking, lacks any real definition etc.
I'll just stick with UO2D, if I ever return
It's fast, crisp and doesn't make my CPU fan go nuts, heh

Rascal

Rascal

Madam of Mayhem

• Members
  • 1,088 posts

*kicks paul*

I like SOME of UOKR, some of the effect are nice, but eh, the interface just looks so cumbersome
Some of the art is so blurred looking, lacks any real definition etc.
I'll just stick with UO2D, if I ever return
It's fast, crisp and doesn't make my CPU fan go nuts, heh

I'll second the *kicks paul* part :Rofl On the other note, Adam is most correct! Some of the effects are nice but 2d is and always will be my favorite :XXhippylove:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

antarek

antarek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I vote : poor.

Why? Because event if it's only a nice 2D upgrade with 3D spell effects the current client is freezing a lot! It's like if the game was suffering of a major memory leak problem. I got 2Go DDRAM and i often freez because of the game loading the map... I can't accept it from a game that have graphics that aren't better than thoses from games like commando 2/3 that were 2002/2003 games!

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I can't accept it from a game that have graphics that aren't better than thoses from games like commando 2/3 that were 2002/2003 games!

That's my main issue, as well.
Even the alpha screenies from WOW, in my opinion, look better than the current UOKR
I mean, I played WOW briefly, but I found the interface to be clean, crisp, easy to read and understand
Items you got from loot and items in general, were also clean and crisp
I mean I've played UO for 8 years, so I've seen most of the items you could get in game, but when people started posting screenies from UOKR both in their homes and pictures of their backpacks, I couldn't tell what the hell half of the items were, because they were so blurred and undefined.

Solidchrome

Solidchrome

† Virtual hero- real life geek †

• Members
  • 1,858 posts
I love UO:KR- I think the new graphics are much improved but not too different to the originals. The menu systems are really cool too.

I would hate to go back to using 2D in all honesty :)

Tovladian Soltyr- "..then I saw it was Solid and I was like "Ah ok" because we all know he's not the most complete box of crayons.."

UOForums Need Your Donations- Click Here

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rate, uokr