Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Customize my house

- - - - - customize house

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

cadethepagan

cadethepagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
Right now I have an 18 by 18 cube. I really suck at customizing houses and my rooftop garden is atrocious. I really dont have the patience or find motor skills to make my house look more like the castle I want. Is there anyone from Great Lakes that can help players achieve there dream home?

zevil

zevil

the lors of shadows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
well if i know great lakes IP i can log in there for u and costumize ure home for u :)
the shadows will prevail

Alynora

Alynora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts
If you have some ideas on what you would like as to the general feel of the place, this can help any designer immensely in working with you. Do you have a need for specific types of rooms? Do you prefer large spaces over intricate illusion style designs (which often waste tons of space etc)? Rooftop usable or roof tiles? Did you have a preference in type of wall tiles? (ie stone, marble etc) as this can be also quite a difference to the feel of a place.

Also consider how you want the designer to work.
For example, Do you prefer them actually building it while using your account (a huge trust issue for some), or do you prefer to work with screenshots of a house being prepared in customization mode and you do the building yourself? (of course these sorts of things you might want to discuss privately with the person)

I know, a lot of questions and perhaps some unneeded extra advice, but it of course can also make a difference for who can design or build for you as those who prefer to work with screenshots could be from any shard really. It's just what you want :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

cadethepagan

cadethepagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
Well basically I want to make use of my space. I want it to look like a castle with a lot of small rooms and hidden passageways. The roof I want to be my garden from which I grow my plants and take care of my aquarium. Right now the roof has a small crick of water running across it, the floor is grass with a wood shed I keep my gardening stuff in. It looks ok but better when my plants mature. Im also looking to add trees and maby a gazebo. But I kinda want the rest of the place to look like a castle. I have some rooms kitchen, workshop, laboratory, training room and bedroon. I feel as if Im not using the space I have adequately. I dont have much furniture because I my carpenter is still low and cant find a good dealer. Id like to add a liberary and possibly a nice living room for my guildmates. If anyone can help that would be great my icq is 59386507

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
I would like to see the ending picture. So when you are finish post a pic.=)

CheesePlant

CheesePlant

Won this title in a raffle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
cadethepagan, try make the castle yourself use real castles for inspiration. Post a picture and we'll help you improve it :)

cadethepagan

cadethepagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
k
Power is not given, it is taken!

zevil

zevil

the lors of shadows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
especialy post it :P, love screenshots of houses ;)
the shadows will prevail

Gieschen

Gieschen

Bringing RP back to mmoRPg! w0o+!!!!!!1 <

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Okay Cade,

Here is a quick castle. I am guessing you would probably want to switch floors 2&3 since your room, library etc. would be more private that way. Also I didn't put in secret doors because, well, they are secret :) . Critique it and I will tweak as needed since this is a preliminary design. I tried to maximize space while keeping some design aspects. Also note the windows (or lack there of) on each floor to give you an idea how those would look.

Attached Thumbnails

• cade1.jpg
  • cade2.jpg
  • cade3.jpg
  • cade4.jpg

Gieschen

Gieschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
redid the 2nd and 3rd floors. Note the stairs on the third floor are going the correct way now

Attached Thumbnails

• cade2a.jpg
  • cade3a.jpg

zevil

zevil

the lors of shadows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
neat design, really looking like a castle (with the 4 towers, connectway to them and the large midle room :P
the shadows will prevail

Gieschen

Gieschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
thx :)

cadethepagan

cadethepagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
Ok after getting stuff ready Im going to attempt this tonight... Hope it doesnt take to long

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
Good luck!

zevil

zevil

the lors of shadows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
good luck, and post some pics when ure done ;) (even if u think its terible. we can help u to make it better).
the shadows will prevail

cadethepagan

cadethepagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
Ok I know people are waiting but work has been hectik and I just finished up all my overtime. I will have a couple days off so I can do this.

zevil

zevil

the lors of shadows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
haha, just take ure time ;) aslong u post pics in the end i am happy :P
the shadows will prevail

cadethepagan

cadethepagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
Ok, I think I got somthin here! Im not finished with the decorations but this is what I made. I only have a 17 inch monitor so one of the castle corners will be cut off but its only stairs.

If your wondering why I have that text above me one of my macros is next to my snapshot button. I guess I didnt notice until I loaded it here. I wish I could find horse dung to put in the stable also some scattered hay.

Posted Image

I got most of the decoration I want for the blacksmith, maby some wooden curls. For the lab im going to put some flaks and different bubbling bottles.
Posted Image

I have a lot of decorations for the bedroom. I dont even know where to start there. The southern tower where you see the shadow stuff has a hidden door. I call that my torture chamber. There is a cut up body on a stone table and various parts strewn about. Im going to add blood tiles and bones later.

Posted Image

The roof is far from done. Im still growing some plants and trying to figure out where people get the apple trees and the pink leaf trees. I decided against a little creek since it takes up a lot of room. I want to make a gazebo but have no idea which housing peices to use.

Posted Image

Sorry for the wait my work schedule screwed me over for game time. But I got er done on my day off. I hope i can get a lot of feed back. I also need a lot of furniture to fill the place up. Most rooms have things but hallways and corridors are empty.

zevil

zevil

the lors of shadows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
i would change the stables a bit if i were u, mayby wooden wall? or dirt ground? (i know my horse, ridgeback and beetle dont like to stand on hard ground so...)
the shadows will prevail

cadethepagan

cadethepagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
I was going to do that. But im not looking forward to having to take all my fish out of the aquarium and go into customize mode again. But then again it doesnt take to long... I hope a dirt floor doesnt make the rest of the place look funny which happens to be tile.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: customize, house