Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Devs: Doom drop odds on FoF (Jan) are BS

- - - - - bs devs doom drop fof jan odds

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
source UO U.Hall

(Coming off of the Doom Q&A thread)
http://www.uo.com/fo...onfriday44.html

Devs, j'accuse.

Ok, true, this is like half a year after the fact, but someone just brought this to my attention (I was on another UO Hiatus when this one came out)

These odds are impossible on Sonoma. I've taken down well over 100 consecutive Dark Fathers and did not get a single Doom Arty.

Either Sonoma Doom is bugged or you guys are bugging.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did you solo them? Did you have luck gear on?

(I completely believe there may be a bug we didn't spot, but Wilki pulled those formulae straight from code, so it's definitely how it' *supposed* to work.)

E. Jeremy Dalberg
UO Community Coordinator

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After re-readinf the FoF article I feel like the information could be accurate, but I don't think it's complete... I think something is missing, or maybe I just missed it...

Who's luck is used for the calculation? Top attacker? Hmmm, it's an easy way to get it, but well that's not fair if the top attacker has very low luck but other paty members have high luck... It's also not fair if the top attacker has the high luck, triggerd the artie to drop but then someone else with looting rights and no luck gets the artie dropped....

If it's an average of all attackers luck? More fair than the above, but also still unfair to the folks who come in with high luck usits and then have their averages dropped by folks with no luck...

If parties are treated as one person in terms of damage and luck for looting rights? I.e. I could be IN a party that's running the gauntlet (so I would have looting rights when a monster dies) but just sit in Nix's the whole time and still have a shot at an artie?? And if so, AND the luck is an average of a party's luck, can we get 7 or 8 peeps with 1200 luck to party up and stay out of danger while the rest of us kill stuff to help raise our odds of getting an artie for someone in the group??

Those are just a couple thoughts on it, be regardless I think the Doom system is too complicated...

I think we need way more info on what goes into the Doom Artie drop calculations! Any Official (Jeremy, Leurocian, Wilki etc...) input would be greatly appreciated...

-=\E

EDIT: wow I took so long typing my post that Jeremy beat me in... I rescend my ealrlier request for official input, as we are already getting it! Once again EJD FTW!!

EA Mythic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For Doom Bosses specifically, it actually says "The 1 in X chance is influenced by the luck value of the top attacker only."

Looting rights are explained in the FoF q immediately above that one. Does that cover it?

E. Jeremy Dalberg
UO Community Coordinator
EA Mythic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hehe, yeah your reply helped Jeremy, but msotly helped me to realize I wrote my post very poorly... it was meant to be more editorial on the state of the Doom drop system rather than a 'please explain' sorta thing... after re-reading I have edited it to clarify... although now I think I sound like I'm backtracking myself... I'm not going to do anymore editing I'm tired of typing

-=\E <it sounded good in my head... honest>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Top attacker. Ah, I missed that part.

So once again the Tamers get the edge while Warriors dont have a prayer.

Got it.

How about upping the odds for the rest of the crew? I mean, Doom should be, and is, a group effort. I'd like more than one artifact a year for hitting it every week. Pretty please.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Top attacker's luck - who gets the arti is actually random. (amongst those with looting rights)

E. Jeremy Dalberg
UO Community Coordinator
EA Mythic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did you have luck gear on?

The luck factor is the stupid part of the whole equation.

Why is it that only a bard or tamer can benefit from this. I don't see many archers, dexxers, etc running around in luck suits and WHY would they!!!!

Someone over there needs to rethink this whole luck thing, because it seriously blows.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

tamers all have the fun?

I dont know for myself but..... all I hear are warriors soloing Doom...

I haven't heard of any tamer soloing doom...

But if their is please chime in so I can oooooh...... ahhhh...

I've never seen either. There's no way I could solo Doom. At best I do 150 points a hit to a DF. And I have max DI and demon slayer.

I'm sorry, I did not mean to turn this into chapter 343,312,931,233 of Tamers Vs Warriors Vs Bards. But the answer supplied makes no sense either.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Given that the DF has a base 1 in 20 chance to drop an arti, its perfectly possible (even likely) for y'all to kill him 20 times and not get one.

E. Jeremy Dalberg
UO Community Coordinator
EA Mythic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
i have tried to solo doom one day when i was bored with a paladin blade of the rightous withh 100 life leach doing close to 180 damage and it is near impossible if not impossible for a warrior to solo i was dead in 10 min using 4 sec heals with enchanced bandaids and cure all
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

Given that the DF has a base 1 in 20 chance to drop an arti, its perfectly possible (even likely) for y'all to kill him 20 times and not get one.

It's also perfectly possible to kill him 2000 times and not get one. Nothing is garuanteed. This is also true even if the odds are 1/2 or 9/10. You can still come up with nothing, forever.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
dip is correct it is all probility
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bs, devs, doom, drop, fof, jan, odds