Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Announcing the PvP Focus Group!

- - - - - announcing focus group pvp

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
Posted on UOHerald.com

Announcing the PvP Focus Group!
Jeremy Dalberg
11 Jul 2007 21:31:03 EST

With the changing of the schedule of Stygian Abyss, we’re going to be making some necessary PvP changes sooner rather than later. We have a large number of avid PvPers, and we definitely want you folks to be involved in the process of suggesting, discussing, and prioritizing our plans. To that end, we will be creating a PvP Focus Group on the EA Mythic forums, and we are looking to solicit applications!

To apply, send an email to jdalberg AT ea DOT com with the following:

• Subject Line: PvP Focus Group
  • Account Name(s)
  • Current Subscriber?
  • Red or Blue?
  • Do you play factions?
  • If yes, which faction(s)?

If you are selected, you will receive an email that contains the information you need to get on the internal forums. Applications will be processed on a first-come, first-serve basis, assuming they are qualified. This is a trial run of the focus group system, and if it is successful, it’s a system we will likely use for similar projects in the future.

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
I probably wont get pick, but what the hell, I might as well try :)
Posted Image

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
I'd rather see you try, then alot of the others who will be putting in their applications.I am confident that you will contribute in a positive way, instead of trying to find an exploit to continue using their cheats and hacks like many of the others.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
I agree. Hope you get in Ben. :)

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
Me too. Better hop on KR and see what needs to be improved. That will be their main goal.

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
I got a new video card and kr runs very smoothly now :).

Was actually in the prism of light collecting keys in kr.
Posted Image

Baldguy

Baldguy

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
gonna pvp in it? that is what they will want.

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
If I can use all my macros in KR like I can with UOA in the 2d client I will give it a shot. Still looking for the macro in KR that "attacks selected target" like in the 2D.
Posted Image

Baldguy

Baldguy

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
it's in there i think. make macro, i think attack is one of the defaults. then when it's in the tray, click to get the ttargetting options, select current target.

Useful links

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
Now I need a macro to hop off my hiyru and say all kill :).

Then I need another macro which uses a pet summoning then say all follow me then hop on my hiyru :)
Posted Image

JCtheBuilder

JCtheBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
I hope there are a few good PVPers still playing and they get selected. The most qualified person I know of is refusing to apply and I am definitely not getting picked after posting that stuff about the Wintermoor resolution. Oh well.

UOGuide -- The best Ultima Online reference, better than the T2A manual!

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Perhaps Dip (Dip has PvP with a red, blue, and with/as factions) will join with a little encouraging from his peers. *Looks at Ben, Snuggs and the rest of UO:F*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
I think Maddux, Dip & Ben should all join. You can be the 3 stooges, or even better, the 3 Amigos! :)

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts

I think Maddux, Dip & Ben should all join. You can be the 3 stooges, or even better, the 3 Amigos! :)

As much as I would love to accompany Dip and Ben on this Journey into Developer PvP Enlightenment, they must make this journey without me. For the time of the Elves is almost over here. Many are making their way to the coast now to catch the Black Ships to Valinor & Beyond and I will eventually join them.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
I don't think I'd be a good fit. Too many people rely on items and would outnumber me when it comes to powering them down.

Plus, as Ben said, if (and I know they don't... yet) my macros in 2D don't work in KR there is no PvP in KR (atleast not while the 2D client exists).

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
I am still too slow in KR compared to people using 2d, Paul and I tested it, therefore, PVP will not exsist in KR untill either 2d is gone or they make some changes to kr.
Posted Image

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
BTW Dip I'm sure Dev's have to know that items are to overpowered.
Posted Image

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Hope you rethink your position Dip. We need people in the focus group who think items need to be reworked. Other wise the item junkies will push for bigger and better items. EA will look at what the focus group wants (may or may not implement it) but base the future on what comes out of it. Guess it is kind of liking voting. If you don't vote, you shouldn't complain about what politicians do. If you vote, complain all you want. If people don't try to get in the focus group, guess they shouldn't complain about what comes out of the focus group :-/

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Considering with every expansion they've made they added items to supplant skills I highly doubt they'd take it all back. It seems the norm for new items to come out that take away from the value of skills.

I may get in it still.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Dip Join ..... hehehe... And nerf crafters! :P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: announcing, focus, group, pvp