Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Important Notice - UOAM No Longer Being Updated

- - - - - important longer notice uoam updated

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
source taken from UO U.Hall on Stratics

Taken directly from UOAM.Net

Welcome to UOAM.net - Home of UO Auto-Map

IMPORTANT NOTICE!

There will be no more updates to UO Auto-Map.

I should have posted this months ago but I suppose that I find it a little difficult. It has been years since I have logged in to UO to do anything other than update UOAM. In fact, it's been over a year since I've done even that. It's time to face the truth: I have neither the time nor the desire to continue to maintain UO Auto-Map. I have long since moved on to other things (for just one example, click on the ad banner above) and there just isn't time in my life any longer for this wonderful, creaky old utility.

I wish to sincerely thank all of the many UO players who have made UOAM such a rewarding experience for me. When UO was brand new it captured my imagination like no other game before it had. UOAM sprang from that. What began as a simple, personal tool for helping me render the UO maps grew into something much larger and more wonderful than I could ever have imagined. It was a wonderful experience that I will always look back upon with great fondness. To see something I created turn into such an integral part of the game, to have it even shipped on one of the UO disks! these were things that I never imagined would come to pass. Through this tool I have made friends, and been touched by thousands of players like yourself. It's humbling and immensely rewarding.

I will keep this web site running for as long as my host chooses to allow it to be here. For as long as UOAM continues to work with the UO client, it will be remain here for download. UOAM has always been free and it will remain so. But I will not be releasing any new versions of the program. The UO client has already changed enough for some of UOAM's features (such as auto-calibration) to stop working. The day is probably fast approaching when UOAM will stop working entirely.

I'm sure I will get email asking about the source code. I'm afraid that for many reasons (some legal, some not) I will not be able to release the source code. Furthermore, for those same reasons, I will not be turning the source code over to anyone else to maintain. I'm sorry. Please do not ask.

Thank you all very much for giving me the chance to share UOAM with all of you.

For one last time let me say:

Fare thee well,

Belxan of Moonglow

(Steve Blanding, July 9, 2007)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can say that the dev team is grateful for - and has been inspired by - UOAM for years, and we are working hard to make the KR map tool its equal.
(Suggestions to that effect are always welcome!)

Good luck to Belxan in his future endeavors!

E. Jeremy Dalberg
UO Community Coordinator
EA Mythic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why not have UOKR let us add our own icons, or have a way to refence them on our systems. Make the UOKR map more customizable. Have the map so we can move it to a 2nd monitor if we choose to make the UOKR game window span 2 monitors. Or work with the owner of UOAM and make a version that works with UOKR. That way people can choose which program to use. Ingame map, or UOKR Automap... AKA UOKRAM.. no pun there please folks...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suggestions to that effect are always welcome!

I have two-screen computers. It's great to have the map on the right screen while I play on the left screen.

Unless KR allows support of my second screen, I will very very very much miss uoam.
I actually bought my latest computer with 2 screens again, mostly for uo and SupremeCommander, as I benefit greatly of second screen with both games.

Suggestion #1: support of second screen with KR, or allow the map to go on the second screen somehow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stretching across multiple screens and player-created waypoints are already in the works.

E. Jeremy Dalberg
UO Community Coordinator
EA Mythic

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Farewell Belxan *waves*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
Ah, a sad day. A true innovator, who did it only for the help it provided. Fair thee well Belxan.

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
I love my UOAM! Good Luck Belxan!

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

Rascal

Rascal

Madam of Mayhem

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
UOAM will be sadly missed by many, thank you Belxan. Safe travels to you :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Danny Ocean

Danny Ocean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
The MOST important function of UOAM was to allow servers so you can know where your guildmates are...I will not use KR for everyday play until I can see my guildmates on the map. Belxan, it was a great program, loved it for the last 6 years, sorry to see you go.

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
"Stretching across multiple screens"

What does that mean?
I don't use the UOAM that often so I really have no idea what that is in reference to :)

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
I believe that they are adding functionality to the client to allow you to for example have your play screen area on one monitor and then if you have another monitor attached to your compute you could have your kr map with its feature running on this second monitor.

A few people I know already do this with uoam on a second monitor and the 2D client on the primary monitor.

Although I am not exactly sure, I think that is what they are talking about.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
We tried that before. Until we decided to just buy a bigger screen. So everything filts again in one screen.

I love UOAM too. Goodluck Belxan!

Tukaram

Tukaram

Old & grouchy

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
I sure hope EA will incorporate some of UOAutomap features into KR. Like the graphics! I know it's still beta (no matter what they say about being released) but that map is horrid!

UOAutomap so an awesome program. I wouldn't dream of treasure hunting or doing MIB's with out it! It should still work for the existing lands I suppose.

Tuka :cool:

Posted Image

Kinsmen are born. Friendship is a gift of the gods.

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
You will be missed!
Posted Image

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
:(

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Thanks for a great utility, it was an integral part of my UO experience.

~ Se'an

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

natbrazil

natbrazil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Don't let UOAM go, please release the code, Sadly, EA will not be smart enough to just replicate it now that it is being abandoned and they could easily do so. Instead, they'll reivent this wheel, somewhat squarer. Sad, sad, sad.
... Nat
ICQ 95201612

See the world, Join the FCB @ www.theFCB.com

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
*salutes*

Thanks and good luck in life, Belxan.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: important, longer, notice, uoam, updated