Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Atlantic: Summer Fun!

- - - - - atlantic fun summer

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Lady_Moraine

Lady_Moraine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
I have changed some things that I thought should be made note of, so please read through so that you can anticipate the changes made

Hey All,

I was thinking to myself the other night...woman, Atlantic needs something fun to happen.

So.

Wednesday, July 25th, 2007 I will be hosting a Summer in the Sun Festival!

I thought this would be an excellent way for everyone on Atlantic to come out and have fun with each other. Not a lot of time is spent devoted to an actual festival.

Here is a list of Activities we will be having.

5:00 P.M. (Central Time) - The Meet and Great
Disclaimer: If you are unaware as to where this is, we will have people gating from New Haven ONLY.

This will be the gathering point to start of the festivities as well as the location where you can be gated to the rest of the evenings events. (Bring a Rune Book or your Recall scrolls because I will be having people hand out runes to here.) We will be offering food and drink for all that come. We will begin the Guild registration here and I urge for everyone to bring their Guildmates, because I will award 1 Million to the guild that has the most members registered with us here. (I apologize if you are not in a guild, but have no fear, there will be more cash prizes awarded all night.

EDIT: No need to bring a Rune Book, recall scrolls might be a good idea. We no longer will be handing out runes. :( However, we will be handing out FREE RUNE BOOKS - With the location of all the events in them. However the books won't be charged (I had to make 200 rune books, sorry I didn't charge them all ><) However we will still be offering portals to the different locations.

5:30 P.M. (Central Time) (We will gather and wait until the event is set, should start around 5:45 P.M.)
Disclaimer: As the seating may be limited, we may be forced to have people sit on laps [wink]. If your lucky you can sit on mine! *cackle*

This will be the first of three events where we will be having people bring in their toughest pets. That is right, chickens. Since this has been a growing event I thought that I would be part of the flock and offer it.

Winner: 2 Million Gold
2nd Place: 1 Million Gold
3rd Place: 500k & A Kiss.

Rules.
1. You are allowed one chicken per fight, single elimination (once your out, your out.)
2. No Healing what so ever of your pets. If your pet is healed once you are Disqualified.
3.ONLY PETS MAY FIGHT. (If you wonder why I put this in, I have seen animals get plucked by angry owners.)
4. Two Owners, Two Chickens, and One Ref will be allowed on the field at a time.
5. Once the fight has commenced no one is allowed to enter onto the field, if so I will call the match, pets must be stopped, and healing will be allowed. Vets will be present if needed.
6. This goes without question, but at the end of each fight pets should be healed.
7. The staging area will be shown to all participants before the fights begin.

EDIT: People ask how this is possible in trammel, well that is simple. We will be having tamers take your pets and fighting them for you. However you will need to register, and pass them to one of our tamers. This way you can watch, and it will offer a fun way to watch your pet fight!

6:45 P.M. (Central Time) (Gates Back to Blackthorne's Castle)
EDIT: This is no longer in effect, we will be offering portals outside of each event as they take place, so as long as you attend you have the power to transfer around for free.

7:00 P.M. (Central Time) The Fashion Show
Disclaimer: Since this will be held inside of the MPD Auction House, if people seem to get rowdy, you won't be asked to leave, you will just be removed.

This event will be something a little different. We will have a panel of 5 Judges, each one will be assigned a different critique and we will be judging on Style, Color, Originality, Funness (shut up), and Overall. We won't be holding up signs for anything to decided the best, we will just tally up the points and they will be rewarded.

Only 20 People will be able to participate, so in order to participate you must find me before now and the 25th. (Trust me you will see me.)
EDIT: I am now taking ICQ reservations to be in this event, as well as PM's

Winner: 1 Million Gold
2nd Place: 500k
3rd Place: An Artifact of My Choosing

7:30 P.M. (Central Time) (Gates back to Blackthorne's Castle)
EDIT: Once again, no longer in effect since we will be offering free runebooks at the beginning as well as portalers after each event

7:45 P.M. (Central Time) (Event A.) Guild Chicken Fight
Disclaimer: This event will only take place if enough guilds show up for it, if not we will go into event B.

Here we go again, only this time it is a guild event. Here, guilds will get to have two chickens in the brackets, once more it is a single elimination event.

Rules.
1. Each guild will name their chickens - GUILDchicken (ex. MPDchicken)
2. You are allowed one chicken per fight, single elimination (once your out, your out.)
3. No Healing what so ever of your pets. If your pet is healed once you are Disqualified.
4.ONLY PETS MAY FIGHT. (If you wonder why I put this in, I have seen animals get plucked by angry owners.)
5. Two Owners, Two Chickens, and One Ref will be allowed on the field at a time.
6. Once the fight has commenced no one is allowed to enter onto the field, if so I will call the match, pets must be stopped, and healing will be allowed. Vets will be present if needed.
7. This goes without question, but at the end of each fight pets should be healed.
8. The staging area will be shown to all participants before the fights begin.

Winning Guild: 2 Million Gold & Pride
2nd Place: Nothing, Guild Pride is on the Line!

EDIT: People ask how this is possible in trammel, well that is simple. We will be having tamers take your pets and fighting them for you. However you will need to register, and pass them to one of our tamers. This way you can watch, and it will offer a fun way to watch your pet fight!

Immediately Following - Guild Chicken Fight ))
(( Event B.The Noble Steed Fight
Disclaimer: This event will follow the Guild Chicken Fight. If not enough guilds participate in there event, this one will take its place.

The third an final fight event will be The Noble Steed Fight. Instead of chickens we will be fighting just regular horses.

Rules.
1. Each contestant will name their horse - PLAYERhorse (ex. MORhorse)
2. You are allowed one horse per fight, single elimination (once your out, your out.)
3. No Healing what so ever of your pets. If your pet is healed once you are Disqualified.
4.ONLY PETS MAY FIGHT. (If you wonder why I put this in, I have seen animals get plucked by angry owners.)
5. Two Owners, Two Horses, and One Ref will be allowed on the field at a time.
6. Once the fight has commenced no one is allowed to enter onto the field, if so I will call the match, pets must be stopped, and healing will be allowed. Vets will be present if needed.
7. This goes without question, but at the end of each fight pets should be healed.
8. The staging area will be shown to all participants before the fights begin.

Winner: 5 Million
2nd: 1 Million
3rd: Not Sure

Immediately Following this we will have gates to come back to the MPD Auction Hall for the awards ceremony. Here we will present the money for each individual event, as well as take some screen-shots.

I will also be doing a kind of after party thing, which I will be giving out prizes and such for just having fun with me the whole day.

Example - I will be carrying a bag, and if I come up to you, I will say, "Summer Fun -Name-" and you will choose a color and I will give you that color bag, inside you will find anything from 5k - 100k.

This event is going to be kept clean, it will be a day of fun and just relaxing. I only offer the fights and such to really bring out the competitive nature of people since that never hurt anyone. I also did it because I want this to be a neutral area, so no guild fights, bickering, swearing, belittling, or anything of that nature will be tolerated, so take your frustration out on someone else through slaying their pet with yours! Rawr! I have already sent a few e-mails to GM's and EA High-Archy about what will be going on, so anyone seen breaking the rules of EA or trying to ruing the fun for everyone will be reported no questions asked.

I will be hoping to have MPD help me out with this whole event, however I will be looking for volunteers as well. So if you are interested let me know, I will be paying volunteers for their time, (pretty-well I might add, and yes I know that volunteering usually means for free, however, why not reward people for their help.)

I HOPE TO SEE EVERYONE THERE!!!!!
Posted Image

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
very cool event looks like you done alot of planning hope it works well good luck

Jakar

Jakar

I'm very sneaky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
Great idea! I'll hopefully be there... I already have a chicken bonded so time to get'em back into fighting shape! I'm really looking forward to it! Let me know if there's anything you need help with, as I am willing to help! :laugh:

Posted Image

DarksieD

DarksieD

The old guy from Atlantic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
Hey Buddy didn't you have a trained chicken on Atlantic?...may be a good time to try him out
Posted Image

Lady_Moraine

Lady_Moraine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Great idea! I'll hopefully be there... I already have a chicken bonded so time to get'em back into fighting shape! I'm really looking forward to it! Let me know if there's anything you need help with, as I am willing to help! :laugh:

Well I am still looking for a lot of help, volunteers will receive 100k for helping out, as well I know if UTB could spare a couple of vets, I would love it.
Posted Image

buddy lee

buddy lee

Agent Zero

• Members
  • 2,249 posts

Hey Buddy didn't you have a trained chicken on Atlantic?...may be a good time to try him out

Popeye, i think i let him go though

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Sounds like a great event, I just might make an apperance. It might be a syn not too. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts

Well I am still looking for a lot of help, volunteers will receive 100k for helping out, as well I know if UTB could spare a couple of vets, I would love it.

let me kno whow and when i can help no pay is necessary my meaning of volunteer is free don't have to pay me

Jakar

Jakar

I'm very sneaky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
Lady Moraine, I work mon-fri till 5pm central, but I'll talk to my guild and I'm sure they'll be more than willing to help, and I will be there as soon as I get home from work! =)

Posted Image

Lady Kismet LaRue

Lady Kismet LaRue

Where is she Again?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hail To thee Lady Moriane.

I agree with you on such a event to our fellow players on Atlantic to have some fun. My character on Atlantic is LavenderRose and I am the recruiter for UWF as well as an emmissary. I think this would be a great idea to have some of my guild brethren to interact. I would be glad to help you out at any rate. You may contact me through ICQ #164782093, if I am offline at the time you try to get me just leave me a message and I'll reply as soon as I can.
Life is a journey,Embrace what it has to offer.

yible

yible

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Sounds like it was fun wish i could have been there

Evolus

Evolus

Worst Tamer Ever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
Since this was already bumped, lol, does Atlantic have events like this often?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: atlantic, fun, summer