Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Wedding Bands?

- - - - - bands wedding

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Jakar

Jakar

I'm very sneaky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
What are old weddingbands worth? I saw a guy in brit selling one for 12mil was wondering if they were really worth that much. I have a 666, 1000 and 2000 wedding band, so wanted to know.

Posted Image

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
It actually depends on what kind of wedding band. The ones with just jewels like the ones you're suggesting aren't worth that much. However, there are wedding bands with special engravings such as, *insert name* loves always *insert other name*, or some variation of that kind which would be worth a lot.

It's all relative, but I dont think there's a big market for these items since most players would rather wear rings that actually do something as opposed to have an engraving. Although I guess my merchant character could wear it for kicks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jakar

Jakar

I'm very sneaky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I'm sure the one's he was selling had the "insert name" option, or else he's a crazy person!

Posted Image

Lady Kylana

Lady Kylana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
I'd think the ones with the names on them would be worth something. They came from that Magic Moments program, didn't they? And I don't think there were a lot of people who wanted to shell out $29.99 for a Magic Moments event.

I actually sold an invitation to a Magic Moments wedding on Lake Austin a while back.
Posted Image

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
You can't make jewelry with multiple jewels anymore either. It's A diamond necklace or whatever. I have a set of two wedding rings with 1000 diamonds each, and have been offered about 20 mil for them. A friend made them for me tho, so they have sentimental value.

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
wow.. i just gave away a 2001 diamond... i had 2 10k ones... gave away

Posted Image

Alynora

Alynora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts
Actually some of the inscribed ones (the really old ones) used to be made by the Royal Armorer and Jeweler (or something like that). When Kamar and I did are wedding ceremony (again, years ago) you could make a request to the GMs and Councilors to hold the ceremony without paying any extra money for it. They would then give you the ring etc.

Then Garod mentions that he recalls there was a second "event" type thing with some scrolls you could give to sign wedding contracts. I vaguely remember something about that, but don't remember much unfortunately.

*uses the opportunity to post really old wedding pics, held when there was only felucca..*

Posted Image
Posted Image

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Decardo Imier

Decardo Imier

Knight of the Balance

• Members
  • 1,328 posts
The only ones we have now are ones made by Cherry herself in the early years. We used two of them for when Cherry and Decardo got married back in Jan 2004 after our characters had been together a year.

Posted a couple of nostagic pics as well from that time, the ceremony was conducted by Vanqa and Cherrys maid of honour was Megan De'LionCourt. We just wanted a small private wedding, it was held in the mystical Eska'eldalie.

We should have a big Wedding Pic folder :)

Attached Thumbnails

• wedding1 11jan04.jpg
  • wedding6 11jan04.jpg
  • wedding7 11jan04.jpg
  • wedding12 11jan04.jpg

Posted Image

Life is the Dance and Honor, the Dance is Death to those we oppose,
Honor is our salvation.
Without Honor the Dance is meaningless
forms and we are nothing.

Decardo Imier

Decardo Imier

Knight of the Balance

• Members
  • 1,328 posts
Oh heres a pic of Taggart getting wed to Cal'ya Luna.

Oh

and another between Visala and Munchie

Attached Thumbnails

• Wedding Tagg-Cal'yaLuna.jpg
  • Wedding Visala&Munchie.jpg

Posted Image

Honor is our salvation.

Van Cocidius

Van Cocidius

The World Is Mine

• Members
  • 4,221 posts
I had set of 2500 diamond weddingband, braclet and necklace given to me by Esca which I later went on to give to some woman I ended up killing off..

Any idea's how much they would of been worth?

Posted Image

Decardo Imier

Decardo Imier

Knight of the Balance

• Members
  • 1,328 posts
I havent seen any wedding bands for sale in quiet some time now. So havent a clue about costs, they were always considered nice as they are blessed.
Posted Image

Honor is our salvation.

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts

Any idea's how much they would of been worth?

ummmmmmm ..... PRICELESS!!! =)

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts

wow.. i just gave away a 2001 diamond... i had 2 10k ones... gave away

*cookie thumbs up* for sharing!!

When I perform weddings on Sonoma, and the couple is looking for wedding bands, they are given as gifts.

CapLoD

CapLoD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I've got a 1000 diamond weddingband that is blessed and sigil purple on Pacific. Any idea what this may be worth?

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
I once had a wedding band,with 600,000 diamonds,from my IC husband Atori a few years back.
I gave him it back though [ doh] .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guest_Sandra Lee_*

Guest_Sandra Lee_*
  • Guests
Never was much on collecting the (insert #)diamonds.. well cause I don't especially like diamonds.. but I have a ton of Amethyst pieces and one very special engraved ring that is probably 6 or 7 years old now.

Chloe la Mare

Chloe la Mare

Diminished Responsibility and Ginger.. Apparently..

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
i got a 666 ruby necklace on my old account, hoping they do a come back to uo for a week or something soon... reminds me of good old times :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Vesper Milita

Norman Bates

Norman Bates

Manager, Bates Motel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
On PAC we occasionally have an old wedding band come thru the Pacific Auction House, they generally fetch anywhere from 20k to several million, just depends who is there bidding at that paricular moment. Note that these are the generic , multi-jeweled weddingbands tinkers used to make, not the engraved ones. Those are priced in the stratosphere:]

Snowy

Snowy

Pretty Nice Disguise, isn't it?

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
I have a 10000 Diamond one.. gripes me that I can't lock it down to enjoy and have to keep it in a secured box....

~

"It's definitely a Bubble Bath Day.". ~ Dove Promise

~

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bands, wedding