Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Download KR is a joke..

- - - - - download joke kr

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
source UO U.Hall

Ok, this isn't a rant about the client its self. I actually enjoy what I see in KR. But what the hell are they going to do for those of us who can't dl it? I have satilite. I have a 200MB daily dl limit because its satilite...we all know it sucks. My friend has dial up, the waiting limit was 600hrs. The bittorrent could easily take as long or longer. I tried to DL directly from ea but everytime the open file came up, it stopped at that. I tried DL it from fileplanet. I got kicked off twice and only 17MBs of 2.24GBS in 20mins. That means I had to wait in line for 20mins each so over an hour lost and hardly anything gained is there any hope at all for us users who can't possibly dl the file?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have a friend on dialup who is actually talking about the end of his UO days because of this. I hope, and I kind of suspect, that there will be a way to get a disk like they offered with, I believe, the ML upgrade. Otherwise I have no idea how they'd be able to get it.

I was able to download it easily during the closed beta, but can't run it at all. So I'm doubly out of luck. Would be basically a complete gamekiller if I was on dialup on top of that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:wink: Aye Aye! capt'in, and so it maybe!

Well, there WAS a second hand, second language hint that maybe there IS a disk (POSSIBLY) in the works
from here

EA Japan announced today on their official website, that the official service of Kingdom Reborn in Japan will start soon after the maintenance of June, the 28th. 08:00 JST(June, the 27th. 16:00PM PDT).

Cf. here

They begin to sell the KR starter kit with a DVD to install KR client at the same time.

Worth a look at least

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

do a search for Free Download Manager;

We are on Cable and found during Beta as well as open KR that it was the only way to download these HUGE files. The Free Download Manager will insure to download the entile file. Just leave it be, even those on Dial up will be able to get the KR file using this Manager.

I only downloaded it when requested to do so by my daughter. I rather play 2d then the KR.

For those having problems with Fileplanet and the slow FTP site, have you tried the third source? It wasn't mentioned in Darkscribes letter, but is on the official UOKR site

http://mythicmktg.fi....45.4.2-enu.zip

Don't need to wait in line either

We have a solution that will allow you to get a DVD from one of our partners for a small fee (under $10) in testing now - I don't have an ETA but we're actively working on it.

(edited because I can't type )

E. Jeremy Dalberg
UO Community Coordinator
EA Mythic

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
im sure ea wasen't planning on many people still using dial up i hope he dosen't quit

Mira

Mira

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Tabbitha - I really feel for you because I have cable & it took 4 hours to download. I tried UOKR & did not like it as much as 2d. I may not stay with UO & possibly find something else to play.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
I spent the last 2 hours downloading it, and now it is counting backwards on the download manager from 2.1G and down. Whats up with that!

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

I spent the last 2 hours downloading it, and now it is counting backwards on the download manager from 2.1G and down. Whats up with that!

It's telling you to get back to work.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
I'm home and dont have to work for 2 weeks! It's game time!

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Ok tried downloading it again. this time through file planet, took like 5 hours and once completed, started a countback again. it says -204455whatever at -193KB a sec. WHAT THE HELL is wrong with this stupid download!

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Try

http://mythicmktg.fi....45.4.2-enu.zip

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
I am about to give up on this and wait until next year when it comes out on a disk hopefully!

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Did you try the other link? ehhhhh?

Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

im sure ea wasen't planning on many people still using dial up i hope he dosen't quit

Hate to say it but EA knows exactly how many UO subscribers use dial up, cable (and the speed) and DSL...... just as they know what every subscriber to UO has system wise... they have had access to that information for quite a bit of time... for several years now

Which is what bothers me so much in the fact that KR has been so picky and screwy with systems that even go above the system requires of KR.... EA has known what systems are running UO long before the first bit of code was laid down for the KR client..

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
yah. I did. I ended up using the EA link, cause it was the fastest. then ended up deciding to wait out the backwards count down. it worked, and I dont like it... hehe

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: download, joke, kr