Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Mages in pvm is so unbalanced

- - - - - mages pvm unbalanced

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

draken

draken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
my char is a necro mage if im fighting a spell caster there attacking me from greater distance than i can hit them 90% spells i cast even low lvl such as fireball gets interupted if i do get off few good spells im outta mana btw i speaking from 40 lmc roughly 80 sdi also comparing to warriors its easy to find a super slayer mages cant hardly get them unless spend 1 mil and up and this is from reg type monsters not counting paragons

Tukaram

Tukaram

Old & grouchy

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
I quit playing my mages ages ago. The failure rate on spells is a joke. Paladins are my new favorite.

Tuka :cool:

Posted Image

Kinsmen are born. Friendship is a gift of the gods.

draken

draken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
aye i like playing pali have 2 pure type mages say pure type cause my tamer and t hunter have magery but just to get around and heal low or no eval or med but i like my mages just wish it was more balanced can cast protection to keep from failing but then spell cast is so slow and it drops my resist and every monster dispells my evs like im noob mager yet i have probs dispelling my own evs

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
pvm is unbalanced in the player's favor. Poor AI is no excuse to nerf pvm.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lady_Moraine

Lady_Moraine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
I am unsure, but can't you just cast protection?
Posted Image

draken

draken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
aye but u loose spell resisting as well as elemental resists and casting is so slow even if u have 2/6

Jakar

Jakar

I'm very sneaky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
The only mage template I've enjoyed playing is a tamer mage... mostly because you don't have that problem of fizzling when you fight other mages. Other than that, yes it sometimes seems nearly impossible to get a spell of while they're casting.

Posted Image

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

aye but u loose spell resisting as well as elemental resists and casting is so slow even if u have 2/6

You only lose physical resist.

There is nothing wrong with Mages in PvM. If there seems to be a problem, I can assure you, it has nothing to do with anything in-game.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

draken

draken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
ya but as i stateted up top u also loose points in your resist spells skills and casting fireball is like casting flamestrike :(

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
draken you are correct. You take a -2 penalty to fc with the spell protection on. So if you had 6/2 casting without protection you would have 6/0 with protection. That does mean the spells take longer to cast. Best way around that is to use the higher end spells as the negative casting will not affect them as much. So use that flame strike instead of the fireball :)

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mages, pvm, unbalanced