Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

What is the fastest/best way to download KR?

- - - - - download fastest or best kr

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

WarderDragon

WarderDragon

"I want to do bad things to you."

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts
Hey everyone. I am in the middle of trying to download the Kingdom Reborn client, but it is going almost unbearably slow - is that normal? I tried the EA Large Downloads link on the Kingdom Reborn website, but it didnt seem that much was happening, and I wasnt too sure about Fileplanet, so I tried the Bittorrent link at the top (downloaded the bittorrent client and whatnot) and am in the process of downloading KR, but 30+ more hours seems a bit long. I am on a broadband connection (WiFi service with speeds roughly equivalent to DSL) and have a D-Link Gaming Router which usually runs pretty fast, so I would think it shouldnt be going too slow, but it is.

Anyways, is there any better way to download the client, or any better place? Should I be doing something differently on the EA site, or try Fileplanet perhaps? Or should I stick with that I am doing with Bittorrent? I am not familiar at all with the program, so I dont know if its any good or not.

Posted Image

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Fileplanet is the only spot I've used for 3 different times. Worked great each time.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

JCtheBuilder

JCtheBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
They had it up on the EA large downloads site for a short time. I don't know why it got removed.

http://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/

UOGuide -- The best Ultima Online reference, better than the T2A manual!

Lady_Moraine

Lady_Moraine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
I think the best way to do it is to look for a trusted source on IRC.

It's nice when you can download without sharing bandwith.
Posted Image

Danny Ocean

Danny Ocean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
I tried a program called Download Accelerator Plus, which can be used for free...I was getting speeds of about 700kb/s for the whole thing, it downloaded very quickly. Just type "download accelerator" in google and it's the first listing.

Stolencheese

Stolencheese

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

I tried a program called Download Accelerator Plus, which can be used for free...I was getting speeds of about 700kb/s for the whole thing, it downloaded very quickly. Just type "download accelerator" in google and it's the first listing.

Download accelerator is a extremely good program, I use it too! It's actually brilliant, Thinking of upgrading to pro soon! No adverts and faster speeds apparently.

If your thinking it's fake and how can it speed up the download then your very much wrong. What it does is, Instead of downloading the one BIG download, It splits it up in to sections of the download.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crypt Keeper(CK)

Crypt Keeper(CK)

Guildmaster of ATD, Defender of Paxlair!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts
i still cant extract the damn thing so i gave up
Posted Image

UOGuy...

UOGuy...

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Mmm, well, I don't know... I just went to EAs site and started to download... it took about 45minutes for me, but I'm on a 6.0mb DSL line... and my machines are 3.0gHtz... I just left it allown and went to prepare & eat dinner and it was done when I returned... I use XP so I just right clicked the zip file to extract...

Once the folder was made, I copied to a DvD so I can load on my other machines... hehe... then I reallized, I could just access the files across my network....

It was a very large file, like over 1gig to download...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: download, fastest or best, kr