Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Mage PvP Templates

- - - - - mage pvp templates

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
This thread is intended for Magery related PvP templates ONLY. Please discuss in the regular forum. Thnak you!
Please post templates in this format:

Title of template:

SKills
xyz
xyz
xyz

STATS
xyz
xyz
xyz

Equipment/MODS

Race

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Achilles

Achilles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
I like
120 magery
120 eval
120 magicresist
120 fencing
120 med
100 poisoning

120 int
110 str
25 dex

PVP Mage armor i find is the most expensive in the game BUT, should be somethin like All mid 60s or better resists. 40 LMC. 100 LRC.Mana regen is a good bonus. Must be medable. hci/dci, hci is not a must but it will help with this temp when you really need that DP to land.Youl need a good kryss or dagger with a hitspell and ssi aswell.

Race:
Human

sethOKC

sethOKC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
120 Magery
120 Eval
120 Med
120 Wres
120 Resist
100 Inscribe

My main BUT not capped yet

so about

110 magery
115 eval
110 med
110 wres
110 resist
100 inscribe

about 50 hiding so i can sometimes teleport and hide when in trouble

I know its not all out kill but good for staying alive and groups

Menadoza

Menadoza

Im Gods Dad on UO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
120 Mage
120 Eval
120 Spirit Speak
120 Resist Spells
100 Necro
100/ Scribe or Poison your choice depending on raiding or defending type char

Always use Staff of Magi, for the wep skill and faster casting bonus. Allows you to use what ever type ring you really want if you dont have an orny. Equipment can be as simple as a garbage throw away LRC set up, or pimped out maxxed arti !!!!! type char

Human - for the MR

Anrymeel

Anrymeel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
why no medi with the necro mage?

Jaden

Jaden

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Since I'm at work I can't remember everything perfectly, but it's pretty close to this:

My Current build:

STATS:

STR: 95
DEX: 70
INT 105

TEMPLATE:

115 Magery
120 Eval int
115 Magic resist
120 Parry
110 Wrestling
90 Meditation
40 Chivalry

Great defensive build, I usually just run around despise and all sorts of spawns and not getting killed :P

GEAR:

The usual:

100% LRC
40% LMC
10 MR
40% DCI
10% HCI
25% SDI
And some + int\mana (Magi) + HP etc. which I can't remember at the moment.

Gear key components are:

Ornament of the Magician
Pendant of the Magi
Scrappers compendium
SC shield with 15% (the one everyone uses)

The rest is basically just leather.

64\67\69\65\69

RACE:

I play an Elf.

CONCLUSION:

It's not perfect. I have to tweak it abit I think.. But overall if you want to defend yourself as a Mage this is just plain awesome.
Not to much focus on damage though.. (Inscription\poisoning\necro) But I enjoy it =)

And note: my account is only 26 months old so only got 710 cap :(

Another note: People say you need 80 dex to get the full effect out of Parry, which is true, but the difference between 70 to 80 dex equals 3% block, so I'll rather have more int\str tbh.

Chops

Chops

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
Well I just made a character with your template suggestion, no stat scrolls and no orny tho, here goes nothing.

Any good combos you could tell me ?

Guest_Eskeshehir_*

Guest_Eskeshehir_*
  • Guests
120 Magery
120 Evaluating Intelligence
120 Resisting Spells
120 Wrestling
100 Scribe
80 Poisoning
60 Meditation

110 Str
15 Dex
125 Int

I haven't changed this template in many years, it's always treated me well (It worked better before faggy ML required tactics with weaponskills((Warforks with hitspell made this template unstoppable)) )

bebeangel

bebeangel

1.800.0oo.0o0o

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
does mindblast currently give large spike to characters with imbalanced stats like 110/15/125?

Dante187

Dante187

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Why inscribe on a pvp char? never heard that before.

Dante187

Dante187

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
never mind just read that scribe gives you 10% more spell damage but not sure if that effects pvp because the sdi cap on pvp is 15 not sure if that is just gear cap or not though? anyways Here are the two templates my mages use.

templet: real: stats:
magery 120 112.6 str 110
eval int 120 120 dex 20
wrestling 120 110.6 int 125 (probably dropping to 120 to take dex to 25)
resistspells 120 104.2
parry 120 117.5
meditation 120 115

necro mage :
templet: real: stat:
magery 120 110 str 110
eval int 120 111 dex 20
med 120 115 int 125
resist 120 104.1
spiritspeak 120 120
necro 120 113.6

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
Skills

120 mage
120 eval
120 weave
120 wrestle
gm alch
gm med
40 focus

Stats
100 str
30 dex
125 intel

i do have alot of mage based templates, but this is my main so *Shrugs*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Death comes in so meny forms and I know quite a few of them....http://img204.imageshack.us/i/yelenasig.jpg/

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts

never mind just read that scribe gives you 10% more spell damage but not sure if that effects pvp because the sdi cap on pvp is 15 not sure if that is just gear cap or not though? anyways Here are the two templates my mages use.

Scribe lets you get over that, so you can effectivly have 25% sdi in PvP

Playing on Drachenfels? Speaking German? Tired of exploring Sosaria alone?

Check us out: www.semperfidelis.de or sent me a pm

Jax

Jax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I dont see anyone with focus. Wouldnt focus add to the mana regen for the ability to attack more often without loss of mana?

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
focus is weak compared to meditation, for 120 focus you only get half the mr then you would at 120 med, plus focus on a mage template is only used if it is a mystic mage
  • dragkiris likes this

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Death comes in so meny forms and I know quite a few of them....http://img204.imageshack.us/i/yelenasig.jpg/

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
If you want to put out the most damage possible pick up 60 necro 80 ss on a scribe. Exp, fs, painspike will kill someone if you throw the evil omen in at the propper times.

swords79

swords79

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Anyone got a mystic/mage temp?

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
120 magery/evaluating intelligence/mysticism/focus/resisting spells.

After that, you have options.
You can have meditation, inscription, a combination of necromancy/spirit speak, alchemy, spellweaving, etc.

I'm a lousy mage PvPer, so don't ask me which of the above make the best extra skill.
Posted Image

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
For a mystic there all pretty good. You can do a necro(60)/med split for evil omens, and your blood oaths will still work on no resist guys. Ninja makes you pretty much unkillable because if you get dismounted just animal form away. Med to me is useless because with imbuing the MR is easy enough to cover, inscribe makes you hit harder of corse, weaving is nice if you play in teams alot. Personally I like having 120 anatomy (120 anat+ 120 eval+ 20/2=130 weapon skill) My second fav is the 60necro/80ish ss split.)

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
with 120 eval you only need 100 anatomy, this will give you the 120 passive wrestling, and you can't go over 120 in anything

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mage, pvp, templates