Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Forensics

- - - - - forensics

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
Now, here was a skill that was useless from the start. Since forensics means investigating dead things, and finding stuff everyone else missed, let's apply it to the post-ML UO.

Forensics - +1 or 2 % per 10 skill points to harvested resources from monsters (this includes scales!). Stackable with human gatherer trait

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Gieschen

Gieschen

Bringing RP back to mmoRPg! w0o+!!!!!!1 <

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Yeah, I would like to see that. Camping, etc. would be nice to have fixed. I do use camping to log still on one character, lol.

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Great idea for the increase of resourses. What do you think about adding another pack (I believe that is what they call the loot tables) to the loot if a person with forensics does the most damage? The level of the pack would be dependent on how high the forensic skill is. Say at GM forensic you get an ultra rich pack and at 20 you get a normal pack?

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Baldguy

Baldguy

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
hmmm, two ways to go there.
On the one hand, that would be a boon to the legacy monsters, who are item and gold poor.

On the other, more loot from swoops and miasma? urgh!

But MAYBE, how about a natural luck boost? 25 luck per 10 pts?

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
That is nice ideal but since the cap for luck is like 10000 will this stack with the luck on your suit?
Posted Image

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
Forsenics Would Be Cool If They Re-vamped It Like A skill .The forensic skill Invistagtes Dead Bodies And Such And You Have A Chance To Locate Hidden Loot That Players Miss after kiling monsters or in fel players The HigherThe Forsecics The Better The Loot And Higher Chance To Find Something

Baldguy

Baldguy

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
Ben,
Yes, make it stackable. *shrugs* never reach 10K anyway! That would bring max luck to 1600 (ish), which is @ 54% bump inc.

Useful links

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
To be exact 1710 :P
Posted Image

Baldguy

Baldguy

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
1710 luck = 62% bump increase. Not shabby. But not overpowering either.

Useful links

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
im not sure forensics would be good for luck. If that was the case then scrap forensics and add luck as a skill were for every 10 skill points of luck you get a 20 or 25% luck raise.I think it would be interesting to see who and how many would apply it to there template and would make treasure hunters a little more exciting

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
With the way luck works with "luck" would it be worth adding forensics to a template for the luck boost?

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts

With the way luck works with "luck" would it be worth adding forensics to a template for the luck boost?

Vepl

Not sure about a peerless but I would use it for farming, then I would just soulstone the skill off :)
Posted Image

Baldguy

Baldguy

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
Oh yeah. I posted new tables. With the suggested foresnics bonus giving 64% chance of loot, even the legacy mosnters MIGHT be worth hunting. I would gladly change my template for that and a resources boost. (on soul stones).

Useful links

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
Thom, where is this table at?
Posted Image

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts