Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

RP PvP Template assistance...

- - - - - assistance pvp rp template

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Taryn

Taryn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
So far most of the templates suggested are too watered down, based on a set of GM items youll find you cant go toe to toe with your average GM dexer, simply because he out tanks you.

If your heart is set on the rp style of the character you mentioned , fencing is your option. But fencing on its own is a pretty weak melee skill, no crushing blows or concussions. Id definately recommend poison, most people dont use cure pots , or use them badly, itll give you some much needed firepower. Bushido , its arguable whether its really that useful. Confidence is good, but if you use pots those skill points could probably go elsewhere. Also, since lightning strike is banned, you wont get any extra firepower out of it.

My recommendation would be:

110 Fencing
110 Tactics
110 anatomy
100 healing
80 poison
110 parry
80 focus

Its a basic template, but its tried and tested. You could swap focus for ninjitsu and fiddle it to 110, but im not sure if its worth it. If you use pots then maybe, if you dont then focus is vital - youll be out of stam and dead in no time otherwise.

My final suggestion would be, dont let your rp ideas affect what template you want, something effective / fun is always much more important :}

Marius Delenfent

Marius Delenfent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Neddy its me baraz, sorry i didnt have enough time to talk to you in detail last night mate. but my girlfriend was being needy. i would have to her to f*&k off if id known you was getting all of europa involved :laugh:! Everyone has tried to help out so much, its awesome. but ive made enough rp templates over the years that ill know exactly what youll need. im at work at the moment. ill be on at 22:00GMT. so ill speak to you then and we will sort this. You will have to ignore many of the templates suggested. ive read a fair few that have suggested 0 focus/med and 0 spell resist. if you went with that mate, one mana vampire and you would be about as useful as a one legged squirrel wielding a toothpick. Ill work something out with you later.

Nice one matey!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keiros/Atreyu ‎(15:52):

if you aint gonna have luck with the wemen just try sheeps or something

Posted Image

Marius Delenfent

Marius Delenfent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Oh and the temp0late that taryn suggested is nice. not the part about dropping focus though, thats where the whole toothpick squirrel thing will come in. like he/she said though, it isnt overly adventourous like you said you was after but it is a pain. and people say poison doesnt hurt because of pots, you spam poison and trust me it hurts, people cant pot quick enough. poison and ninja is always a good combo, cos what do people do when there poisoned and lower than half health? they run... so what do you do? deathstrike... nice! =)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

Taryn

Taryn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
actually *she* ^^ said you could drop focus *if* you were a potter , i have many templates based on this and i just have to chug Tr's near constantly

poison and dstrike is a nice combo, but dstrike is mana costly - and if youve chosen to take focus instead of tactics, your sole damage is coming from poison and the rare dstrike, its a risky gamble

and realistically, taking magic resist on a poisoning template is a waste of 100 skill points - mana vampire is a costly spell for a mage to use, and whilst it will knock your mana down to zero, it only takes five mana to spam poison.

If your a potter, magic resist probably isnt worth the skillpoints, theyd be better spent elsewhere

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts

110 Fencing
110 Tactics
110 anatomy
100 healing
80 poison
110 parry
80 focus

Why parry? better get high dex and go for the poison Kryss... free pot hand.

120 fencing
110 tact
100 antomy
parry --> Resist
Focus --> Medi

Use leather armor..

Posted Image

Ned Stark

Ned Stark

Governor of Vespenland

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
Seeing Exceptional Leather gives the best total ar, i was planning on using that anyways!

I also wasn't sure about Bushido? Confidence and Evade are really cool (and they are very 'in-character' BUT
100 Parry
100 Bush

=5% Defence w/Shield
=26% 1 Hand
=29% 2 Hand

100 Parry
=30% w/Shield
=15% 1 hand
=15% 2 hand

100 Bush
=3% w/Shield
=5% 1 Hand
=5% 2 hand

But i dont know...

The other crazy option is to drop anatomy, and rely on healing,confidence,heal pots! So i'd have...

110 Fenc
110 Parry
110 Bush
90 Heal
110 Ninjitsu
80 Ninja
90 Medi
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Marius Delenfent

Marius Delenfent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
If you was to drop anatomy then youe healing would be pretty awful. also the reason im saying that having no focus/med and no spell resist is a bad idea not because of stamina because refresh pots is an obvious option. im more worried about the mana, if you was to fight a mage that had half a brain cell, they would endlessly take your mana and your regen would be absolutely awful, id like to see a poisoner "spam" poison then! whether it costs five mana or not, it will not be possible to spam it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

Marius Delenfent

Marius Delenfent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Its up to you ned. in this game you can either be a strong all rounder, and be OK against all templates, or you can make a template would own certain characters buy may get owned by others. the focus+med/ no focus+med thing is a perfect example. if you go with mana regen then mages wont be able to completely tame you. where as if you dont then mages will be a clear weakness...
Im just going on what you said at the start which is about wanting "ultimatepwness" which you wont have if you drop focus/med.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

Taryn

Taryn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I disagree with you about the mana draining thing, mana vampire totally drains your mana but is a tier 7 spell, incredibly expensive. Mana drain can still be a pain, but its far less effective - and anyway, what *good* mage is going to spend his/her time draining mana whilst they are in the middle of being LP'd over and over. If this contant mana draining wasnt going to be a problem, then that mage is taking time and mana away from offensive casting. I honestly dont see it as that big of a problem. Your mana regen is still reasonable with just fifty focus tbh

As for dropping anatomy, ive done it on a few characters and its a bit of a pain, youd be alright with heal potions and confidence spamming, but frankly you dont want to be wasting mana all the time on confidence

110 Fenc
110 Parry
110 Bush
90 Heal
110 Ninjitsu
80 pois
90 Medi

If i were you, id ditch the parry and go for anat instead. Parry would be nice, but anat will have a 2 fold gain - more damage output and improved healing. Without anat, (or tat) your going to be doing no damage against someone with decent poison resist // cure potters

Ned Stark

Ned Stark

Governor of Vespenland

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
Without parry, bushido makes you very vulnerable to being hit!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
Mana vampire if succeeded doesnt take much mana at all.. Since it drains target and gives yourself.

For dropping anatomy.. its a no.. Tactics is dropable.
For having Bush - Ninja - Poison ... I would never get it.. because its so skillless :P.. I rather work for my kills.
Still i play a necro mage in rp as well.. Dont like fighting with him.. since its just too easy.

Posted Image

Marius Delenfent

Marius Delenfent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Ok i think that last post by taryn is probably one of the most annoying ive ever read. gnomy is totally right about mana vamp, its increadibly CHEAP because it drains and give to the caster. focus for mana regen works in 20s, so 20 40 60 80 etc. having 50 is a waste of 10 skill points because you will not gain anymore mana from that. (you will gain a tiny bit more stam though as that works in 10s) healing without anatomy????

100 healing and 0 anatomy heals: 19-43
100 healing and 100 anatomy heals: 36-60

I think that speaks for itself. 100 healing to heal an average of 28 points per 6 seconds (thats with 100 dex) or average of 50 with anatomy. you cannot drop anatomy!!

and what is the point in bushido without parry for rp considering ls is banned? confidence?? hardly worth 100 skill points. you need the parry for counter attack and evade. thats why bush could be useful...

I thankyou...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

Toad

Toad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
I have bush on one of my chars, meerly for the two handed parry and confidence... The char isn't really a fighter.... More along the lines of being able to surive as I run away... (confidences pwnz at that.. Hp regen -and- stam..! So no more on noz.. I can't chug pots now I must walk..!)
Posted Image
The army is gone... For now...

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
Might also need to reconsider templates in future.. since.. Anatomy/Tactics/Wep skill is needed for wep styles.

Posted Image

Crypt Keeper(CK)

Crypt Keeper(CK)

Guildmaster of ATD, Defender of Paxlair!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts
Is it a female char or male char? If female you could do ninja to kinda role in the Aviendha(sp?) type char who is to become a wise one, use the one power and is still a great warrior.

If the char is male I would not use the ninja skill if you want to stay true to the Wheel of time chars, The males didnt use didnt use such things, Bushido would fit more with a male aiel I think becuase they are based on honor but again dont know how fencing and bushido works together

here is more wheel of time aiel info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aiel

Just my two cents

oh and the wheel of time rocks!
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: assistance, pvp, rp, template