Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

RP PvP Template assistance...

- - - - - assistance pvp rp template

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Macdaddy

Macdaddy

Trustworthy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
so to be honest the only way he could get armor would be to buy it from some char that only makes it with nothing but his skill :)

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Your right the armor is easy to get. That is why the template needs to compliment armor with no magic properties. Makes it a lot tougher of a template to put together :-/

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Ned Stark

Ned Stark

Governor of Vespenland

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
Thanks Vepl! Thats exactly what im looking for, a pvp suit that is able to standalone without loads of items to whack up skills!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
The templete is not a tough templete under the guidelines and restrictions set by Core. Everyone he will be fighting will have the same limitations. Its the Items in your backpack, apples, pots, shurikens and etc that will make HUGE impacts on fights.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Macdaddy

Macdaddy

Trustworthy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
Yep both my brothers there are for sure :)

Ned Stark

Ned Stark

Governor of Vespenland

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
So you think Tactics would be better as a dmg modifier than anatomy? someone told me anat was :S (i disagreed)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

callumf

callumf

Stalking U

• Members
  • 2,107 posts

I wish more PvP guilds followed Core's rules. :)

The Rules are based upon the OLD CoRE Rules but are NOT CoRE Only rules.

They were worked upon and voted upon by nearly ALL the role playing guild GMs on the shard - both CoRE and NON Core.

Cheers big ears!

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Ned, I'm not a PvP'er so take what I say with a cupful of salt :P.

Fencing 120 (any time I recommend 120 get the skill as high as you can afford)
Tactics 120
Parry 120
Bushido 120
Chivalry 80(?)
Healing 90(?)
Anatomy 90(?)

(Note: You'll find that the total is 740 points. I wasn't sure if you would want to go 120 tactics as it the damage difference may not be worth the skill points to you)

You'll have a hard time rezzing people with that template. Should be able to heal self pretty well and give out decent damage while doing it.

Vepl

*EDIT: To get the best benefit of your weapon and specials. I would recommend the sai. The dagger is faster but one handed. One handed weapons don't do as well with bushido. The short spear is fast but you would be limited to one special move (mortal strike). The sai's specials are block and armor penetrate. Wished it had a better primary but block will increase your defense chance for a short time and armor penetrate is always good for more damage :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Garrick Adraldor

Garrick Adraldor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi there. I've read a little about what has been writen here. I'm an RPer in Magincia, so i know just how few things you can do to make you'r suit better. There are however a few things that i've done, and they make a BIG difference.

If you have a character with GM inscription, if not its quite an easy skill to train, but if you do its very easy to get +20 elemental resistances onto you'r suit, without effecting Physical at all.

If you transfer GM insription onto you'r character, cast Reactive Armour, and Magic reflection. Their both Level One spells, so you dont need to worry about getting magery or anything. If you do this, you'll get +5 in all you'r Elemental resists. I.E fire, cold, poison and energy.

The other thing you can do, which i have done myself. Is if you have/know a crafter with GM Arms lore, its possible for him to make a very high resistance suit, using just GM crafted gear.

It takes a LOT of ingots, mine took about 3k Valorite, but if you take the time its possible to balance a suit out near to perfection. For instance my suit is 67/64/56/55/62 *Without* a shield.

All of the above, coupled with potions, apples, enhanced bandies and all the rest, gives me a clear advantage over anyone else not doing this. It takes a lot of time, effort and money, but its well worth the effort.

Ned Stark

Ned Stark

Governor of Vespenland

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
Unfortunatly, i dont have enough money to buy 115s, more or less 120s! :)

As for fencing, i've been recomended to get poisoning instaed of ninjitsu, because it makes fencing weapons so much more useful! Although i like ninjitsu, it seems a waste if i can only use 2 combat moves (excluding mirror & animal form).

Maybe - 110 fenc, bush, parry, anat, 90 heal, 70 chiv, 80 pois. (20pts spare)

But id be worried about the lack of mana regeneration!

ps - Can Holy Light be used in pvp?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

callumf

callumf

Stalking U

• Members
  • 2,107 posts
Go for a pure warrior/poisoner with high dex?

The ninjutsu is more for players role playing ... Ninjas!

I dont know much about bushido.

And would the character have chivalry? Are they a chivalrous type person? Does your guild even allow these combinations/skills?

Not being picky or horrible - just genuinely asking =)

Post Script - is the use of poison also logical for the character? Poison is usually associated with "bad" or "evil" types not "chivalrous" types?

If its purely a template so you can rock at pvp its a different matter.

Ned Stark

Ned Stark

Governor of Vespenland

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
You are right...

In all my "wantingtopwn-ness" i've forgotten that this is a character with a personality.

Bushido would fit with the character because of the stances & postures, its very systematic and organised. Ninja is pretty useless w/o stealth, and although deathstrike would be good, im not having a skill just for that.

Chivalry does imply a paladin, now the Aiel arent particularly virtuous, but they dont dislike magic, but the causal warrioress wouldnt use it.

Poison is something they would use...

So...
110-120 fenc, 110 bush, 110-120 parry, 110 anat, 90 heal, 80 poison, 70-90 focus!

(120s depend on how good at saving i am)

The problem with that strat is, its almost exactly the same as my Ned Stark bushido char! thats why i wanted to do something different! bah :S im confusing myself
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Unless RP excludes potions, your poisoning skill will be a waste of points ( I have a poisoner and know that for a fact. I just refuse to remove a skill that I worked so hard to train). You will poison and they will chug a pot. They will be none the worse for wear and tear. If your worried about mana go with med (if your character can wear meddable armor) instead of focus. Mana regen only goes up in increments of 20 with focus but in increments of 10 with med.

*thinks some more*

Vepl

*Edit: Holy Light can be used in Fel but not in any facet with the trammel rule set :-/ *

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts

Ninja is pretty useless w/o stealth, and although deathstrike would be good, im not having a skill just for that.

Deathstrike owns, it is worth 120 skill points :)
Posted Image

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts

Ninja is pretty useless w/o stealth, and although deathstrike would be good, im not having a skill just for that.

Not only deathstrike, your forgetting about throwing stars, and blowguns.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Macdaddy

Macdaddy

Trustworthy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
Yep and much much more they can get out of trouble better than any kind of char also!!

Lady_Moraine

Lady_Moraine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
You could always get the skill cooking.

GM Cooking
GM Heal

And you would be like an.... Aiel stay at home mom... who heals people?
Posted Image

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts

You could always get the skill cooking.

GM Cooking
GM Heal

And you would be like an.... Aiel stay at home mom... who heals people?

:) hehe

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ned Stark

Ned Stark

Governor of Vespenland

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
Hehe :)

Tailor & Cooking...homemaker :P

Thanx for the advice guys, going back to ninjitsu, how much dmg does a 110 death strike do?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Macdaddy

Macdaddy

Trustworthy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
at 110 ninja you do 38 damn but you have chance to just fail your attack still

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: assistance, pvp, rp, template