Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Mage skill choices

- - - - - choices mage skill

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Emmortal

Emmortal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
I'm making a pure PvE mage but I'm torn on my last couple skills. So far the skills I've decided for sure are:

Magery
Eval Int
Meditation
Spellweaving

For the last couple I'm totally torn on what to choose.

Music/Discord or Necro/Spirit Speak then the rest into resist either way I go. Anyone have experience with any of these skills I would appreciate your input. this will be pretty much a 100% PvE character, if I decide to enter into PvP again I'll change it up then, for now I'm not at all worried about it.

Thanks
Emmortal of Catskills (formerly Chesapeake)

Macdaddy

Macdaddy

Trustworthy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
well dont need med really to be honest

get this

110 eval get scrapers with +10 eval and this is for 25% sdi and 1/1 casting
90 spell weaving get focus and with spells from that you have god spell vs mosters
100 insribe inc spell damn
80 necro get midnight bracers you need them 10 spell damn inc
120 speak this is inc cap on spell damn inc though necro best to be 120
90 magery get crystal ring need anyways for the 20 magery and spell damn inc
70 chivarly extra heal and ways to get around not using reg.
60 med with rest of skills
ring gives you 20 focus too up front that is naked 7 mana reg/ 2 stamina reg

be elf for extra 20 mana this mana intence char
get all the items for sdi to max it at 100% sdi this will make you doing over 2000 at times to bosses many of my friends do that to like dark father and stuff. There is many other things but just do this you kill anything and everything go with bard they help ya yet you kill everything :)

Emmortal

Emmortal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
I've starting fresh on a new shard so it's going to be a while before I can afford any of that gear at all, especially the 120 scrolls. Plus I have absolutely 0 interest in taking chivalry, LAST thing I need is something eating my cash flow right now, lol.

I'm just hoping to hear from some people that have used both discord and necro and have a good idea which is better for a pure mage. And after last night pretty sure I want to get some more resist, at least until I can afford better gear to bring it up.

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
If you add Resist, then go with Inscription also.

That should round out all of your skills (after Power Scrolls), anything left could be put into Focus.

If you don't go with Resist, then I'd say Music/Provo or Music/Disco depending on what/where you plan to fight the most.

Edit: FYI - LRC works with Chiv is cash is the only reason you don't want to use it, then you could use Chiv instead of Focus if you went with Restist/Inscription.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
For a really kick bootie PvM mage, add in music and disco for solo monster hunting, or doing peerless in a group. Meaning, areas where you do not 45630865745 trash monsters running at ya.

Or music / provocation. Great for doom, and champ spawns. Or anywhere there is 45630865745 trash monsters running at ya like Bedlam.

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: choices, mage, skill